Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Since the left is predictable this is where we are at:
It's Not Real
It's Russian Disinfo
It's Real But Doesn't Matter <---- YOU ARE HERE
It Matter But not Very Much
This is Old News
Shut Up Racist
Are you one of those posters who leaves a pile of unfounded gibberish in a thread only to never return?

Reactions: Meghan54

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Since the left is predictable this is where we are at:
It's Not Real
It's Russian Disinfo
It's Real But Doesn't Matter <---- YOU ARE HERE
It Matter But not Very Much
This is Old News
Shut Up Racist
1) parts of it can be real and parts fabricated. See the Russian attack on Macron.
2) even if everything that’s come out so far is 100% accurate who cares? It shows no evidence of wrongdoing. It does show that Joe Biden appears to be a great father though, haha.

It’s also funny when you guys pretend to care about corruption considering who you support. Does it bother you that the president is routinely bribed by foreign governments at his businesses? If not, why?

Reactions: hal2kilo

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
The first person to "bring this to light" was iirc, Steve Bannon...think about that for a moment.

The same steve bannon that was recently picked up on fraud charges off fugitive Chinese billionaire guo wengui 150' boat?

Why are people listening to anything attached to rudy "fraud guarantee" giuliani and steve bannon? What is wrong with people?

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001

Pretty crazy article here that shows Hunter and Dad were taking bribes from Burisma. It validates a lot of what I have been saying all along about how Joe Biden is a lifelong corrupt politician. Didn't see this posted here surprisingly.

Also pretty sad how facebook and twitter is trying to cover this up.
Trump 2020 BTW
Troll, this is 100% pathetically stupid attempt at deflection of the now completely obvious fact that Trump is the epitome of corruption, the worst shit stain ever on the soul of the USA.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
Troll, this is 100% pathetically stupid attempt at deflection of the now completely obvious fact that Trump is the epitome of corruption, the worst shit stain ever on the soul of the USA.

see this is why i dont visit this forum anymore. its a cesspool. these emails are100% real and 100% corruption at the highest level. selling time with the VP and proof getting paid for it. wow you liberals in here need to pull your head out of your ass and see reality. Your gods are the definition of corruption. here is a new one selling time with the VP for 10 million... lol he needs to be in jail along with daddy.

Luna1968

Golden Member
Mar 9, 2019
The laptop thing is a made up story. Our intel agencies said Biden corruption concerning Ukraine is Russian disinformation.

What part of that does your brain fail to grasp?

good grief got proof or just rachel maddow sound bites?

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
see this is why i dont visit this forum anymore. its a cesspool. these emails are100% real and 100% corruption at the highest level. selling time with the VP and proof getting paid for it. wow you liberals in here need to pull your head out of your ass and see reality. Your gods are the definition of corruption. here is a new one selling time with the VP for 10 million... lol he needs to be in jail along with daddy.

You don’t visit hear anymore because most won’t unskeptically swallow your opinion and you are unable to support your opinion.

Reactions: TheVrolok

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017

So you are basing your opinion on an article from a right wing tabloid? You probably don't visit this forum anymore because your opinions aren't based in reality.

Reactions: Meghan54

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
It has nothing to do with Trump. It's about Hunter Biden getting his employer access to his father. That's not a crime, it's really not even questionable. It only runs into questionable territory if Joe turned a profit on the deal.
You would have to be a fool to think the right would simply let this go without a serious look. And you'd be equally foolish to say it's nothing before even knowing if any of the information is verifiable.
On top of that, Trumps corruption has no bearing on the issue. It isn't tit for tat. Trumps crimes (if any) don't vindicate actions Biden may have taken. "He did it first" isn't a legal defense, it's a third grade justification.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
It has nothing to do with Trump. It's about Hunter Biden getting his employer access to his father. That's not a crime, it's really not even questionable. It only runs into questionable territory if Joe turned a profit on the deal.
You would have to be a fool to think the right would simply let this go without a serious look. And you'd be equally foolish to say it's nothing before even knowing if any of the information is verifiable.
On top of that, Trumps corruption has no bearing on the issue. It isn't tit for tat. Trumps crimes (if any) don't vindicate actions Biden may have taken. "He did it first" isn't a legal defense, it's a third grade justification.
except trump's corruption could be behind the whole thing. I think we all know enough about giuliani and bannon to they are shady. They are in the center of this whole story and thy alone shoudl raise some major red flags. Let's also remember trump send rudy to Ukraine to try and dig up dirt on biden and had US government officials helping him.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Bet this coming out right after the failed unmasking & Durham report stories Hannity & the Right had been pushing for months promising heads would roll doesn't even get a blip on your radar.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Bet this coming out right after the failed unmasking & Durham report stories Hannity & the Right had been pushing for months promising heads would roll doesn't even get a blip on your radar.
These people operate in a bubbles as if we don't all have a ton of other information to apply to this story.

They all need to go back and prove Obama was not born in the US before you try and run with yet another conspiracy.

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
In all my years, I don't remember politics being played this dirty, as we've seen in the last couple elections. Whether allegations are true or not don't matter. If a smear is well marketed it potentially sows enough doubt to cause a voter pause and can steer the election. If the right is doing this to Biden, or the left is doing something to Trump, that's politics these days. It's up to the voting public to sort it all out. The left threw the gauntlet at Trump, so if there is any revenge work going on, some probably feel it's deserved and now it's the other side's turn. It's easy to see why no really great candidates want to run for office. Whatever reputation they had going in will be thoroughly maligned in the end. One difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump was not a person who had a multi decades political career. The fact that Biden has been in politics for 47 years lends itself to the belief that there might be some corruption. The longer in politics, the potentially more swampy they are. That's been my belief and I'm sure that is shared by others. I'm an advocate of term limits. The old saying that you can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook rings true. Look at the fortunes some have amassed on their congressional salaries.

Anyway, I don't think this stuff on Biden is gonna matter in the end. Most of the media is pretty much ignoring it all.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
In all my years, I don't remember politics being played this dirty, as we've seen in the last couple elections. Whether allegations are true or not don't matter. If a smear is well marketed it potentially sows enough doubt to cause a voter pause and can steer the election. If the right is doing this to Biden, or the left is doing something to Trump, that's politics these days. It's up to the voting public to sort it all out. The left threw the gauntlet at Trump, so if there is any revenge work going on, some probably feel it's deserved and now it's the other side's turn. It's easy to see why no really great candidates want to run for office. Whatever reputation they had going in will be thoroughly maligned in the end. One difference between Trump and Biden is that Trump was not a person who had a multi decades political career. The fact that Biden has been in politics for 47 years lends itself to the belief that there might be some corruption. The longer in politics, the potentially more swampy they are. That's been my belief and I'm sure that is shared by others. I'm an advocate of term limits. The old saying that you can't get rich in politics unless you're a crook rings true. Look at the fortunes some have amassed on their congressional salaries.

Anyway, I don't think this stuff on Biden is gonna matter in the end. Most of the media is pretty much ignoring it all.

Yeah Biden is the corrupt one that plays dirty. You seem highly misinformed.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

Serious question - what dirty tricks has the left played on Trump? Not that I’m saying people wouldn’t do it but it seems unnecessary as Trump is openly corrupt.

Why bother to fabricate a corruption story when Trump is literally openly taking bribes down the street from the White House?

Reactions: Muse

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Yeah Biden is the corrupt one that plays dirty. You seem highly misinformed.

BIden is a lot like Trump in some ways. Distorts the truth, outright lies, comes off as racist sometimes, has blatant racism in his past.
Examples:
Biden said the NAACP endorsed him. The NAACP was quick to say they didn't.
Biden said the Boilermakers Union in PA endorsed him. The Boilermakers said they did not, and had in fact endorsed Trump.
Biden said he didn't want his kids going to school in a racial jungle. Poor kids can be as intelligent as white kids....if you don't vote for me, you ain'[t black. Fought the end of segregation, etc.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
BIden is a lot like Trump in some ways. Distorts the truth, outright lies, comes off as racist sometimes, has blatant racism in his past.
Examples:
Biden said the Boilermakers Union in PA endorsed him. The Boilermakers said they did not, and had in fact endorsed Trump.
Biden said he didn't want his kids going to school in a racial jungle. Poor kids can be as intelligent as white kids....if you don't vote for me, you ain'[t black. Fought the end of segregation, etc.
NAACP doesn't endorse any candidates:
The Biden campaign told PolitiFact that Biden was referring to NAACP ratings. Like other groups around politics, the NAACP issues a legislative report card for members of Congress rating their positions on bills pertaining to civil rights and other priorities for the organization.

Each report card rates members on how they voted on judicial confirmations and specific bills that cover a range of topics such as education funding, job training, gun regulations, Medicaid and Medicare, voting and civil rights. The report cards available online date back to the 1989-90 term in Congress.

Biden received several ratings during his decades-long career as a U.S. senator. Most were high.

Biden’s most recent report cards are from at least 15 years ago. In 2005-06 and 2003-04, he received a 100%. The link on the NAACP’s website for the 2001-02 report card was broken.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Examples:
Joe has been in politics for almost 50 years and this is the best you can come up with? What a joke.

I see your BS and raise you with rudy "fraud guarantee" giuliani

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
In all my years, I don't remember politics being played this dirty, as we've seen in the last couple elections. Whether allegations are true or not don't matter. If a smear is well marketed it potentially sows enough doubt to cause a voter pause and can steer the election. If the right is doing this to Biden, or the left is doing something to Trump, that's politics these days.

You are a lot smarter than this board gives you credit for. A hell of a lot. Tell me, do you think Putin wants to help Trump defeat Biden in order to root out corruption? Or do you think Putin wants to help America defeat itself?

You are right that none of it matters.

It's time to resurrect an old thread:
https://forums.anandtech.com/threads/russian-hacking-you-people-are-idiots.2494857/

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
At the next debate, Biden needs to be asked these questions:
Are you still a white supremacist?
Do you still have any friends in the KKK?
Are you still a bigot?
Did your son sell accessibility to you, then give you kickbacks for it?
Do you have any money in offshore accounts?

If I was trying to beat him, I'd ask him that kind of stuff, not the softball questions the rest ask him.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: soundforbjt

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Serious question - what dirty tricks has the left played on Trump? Not that I’m saying people wouldn’t do it but it seems unnecessary as Trump is openly corrupt.
I'd ask if this was a joke except you already said you were serious.

"Very fine people" hoax.

"Trump called Coronavirus a hoax" hoax.

"Trump made fun of a reporter's disability" hoax.

Ukraine scandal duplicity.

Need I go on?

I'm no Trump fan and I voted against him but to act like the opposition didn't lose their minds when he was elected and resort to dirty tricks reflects poorly on you. Are you asking disengenuous questions with obvious answers or is your perspective genuinely this skewed/warped?

Trump went from a reality show star and birther conspiracy nut to a Nazi white-supremacist almost overnight and no one questions it. There are plenty of legitimate criticisms and we only hurt our credibility as critics when we double-down on lies and tribal tricks.

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
see this is why i dont visit this forum anymore.

How we all wish this were true.

zjb4w29n-1391010328.jpg

Meanwhile, enjoy this photo of a phronima.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

This is the kind of thing that can happen when you believe yourself capable of rational thinking. I don't want to laugh at you but I do find this quite funny, a metaphysically magnificent effort to stand reality on its head. Take a look at Muse's sig. Everything you fear and try desperately to prevent from happening already did. Let go of the struggle. I know. It's not easy.

The problem as I see it is that we fear uncertainty and nothing else but uncertainty exists. For that reason we create stories and pretend. You have to let go of the side if you want to swim.

Reactions: Muse