Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 17 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
I think you are being a little disingenuous. It's obvious,to me, the bigger issue at hand is what role Joe played in regards to helping Hunter rake in the cash.

It's you (and every other person who brings up Hunter's drug use as an argument against Joe Biden) who's in the wrong. Hunter's drug use has absolutely nothing to do with his father unless a reasonable connection (hypothetical: his father got him hooked on drugs) can be proven. So stop raising it and then having the gall to accuse others of being disingenuous when they call you out on it.

Just admit you were wrong, then move on with the completely different argument of business connections being leveraged through political influence. Bleating and evading earns you no respect.

For an encore you could engage in some personal reflection to consider what led you down a path of regurgitating the stupid drug use argument that was solely intended as a smear tactic, and what steps you could take to avoid being used in such a way in future.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Unfortunately, we can't compell him to release private medical information. Not sure that naming it would make him any more believable anyway.

Not sure whether it really matters whether the shop-owner can identify people - seems to me quite possible that whoever dropped off the computer was just someone who had somehow come into possession of it after it had been carelessly disposed of. Hence, the photos, presumably, are real, but anything else could have been created by whoever then realised what the photos were.

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
Not sure whether it really matters whether the shop-owner can identify people - seems to me quite possible that whoever dropped off the computer was just someone who had somehow come into possession of it after it had been carelessly disposed of. Hence, the photos, presumably, are real, but anything else could have been created by whoever then realised what the photos were.

I'm pretty damned sure the shop owner can identify Guiliani.

Feb 4, 2009

I am fluent in deplorable.
him saying that is basically him saying “fuck you libs”
I can’t do it because I have a “medical” condition

dawp

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
I am fluent in deplorable.
him saying that is basically him saying “fuck you libs”
I can’t do it because I have a “medical” condition
that 'medical condition' should be easy to prove, there should a record of his diagnosis that can be gotten with a search warrant.

pmv

Lifer
May 30, 2008
Embarrassed to admit there was a time when I compulsively collected computers I found dumped in the street. (For some reason they were always Pentium 4s. Nobody seemed to want to hang on to those things, there was a very noticeable surge in people throwing out still-working PCs in the P4 era.) After a short while I realised I had no use for them and got rid of them all again, minus a few salvaged bits (though briefly had a little home network set up entirely from street-salvaged PCs, playing Unreal Tournament over a LAN). People left all kinds of data on them. Have to confess I usually couldn't resist having a quick look around before reformatting. One was clearly from a firm of lawyers and had loads of legal documents on it relating to court cases (albeit very boring and mundane looking court cases).

Now I'm disappointed that I never uncovered any political or celebrity scandals. Apparently, top political figures just leave easy-to-understand massively-incriminating evidence of Watergate-level scandals just lying around unencrypted. (Then again, I wouldn't want to end up like Will Smith's character in Enemy of the State.)

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Embarrassed to admit there was a time when I compulsively collected computers I found dumped in the street. (For some reason they were always Pentium 4s. Nobody seemed to want to hang on to those things, there was a very noticeable surge in people throwing out still-working PCs in the P4 era.) After a short while I realised I had no use for them and got rid of them all again, minus a few salvaged bits (though briefly had a little home network set up entirely from street-salvaged PCs, playing Unreal Tournament over a LAN). People left all kinds of data on them. Have to confess I usually couldn't resist having a quick look around before reformatting. One was clearly from a firm of lawyers and had loads of legal documents on it relating to court cases (albeit very boring and mundane looking court cases).

Now I'm disappointed that I never uncovered any political or celebrity scandals. Apparently, top political figures just leave easy-to-understand massively-incriminating evidence of Watergate-level scandals just lying around unencrypted. (Then again, I wouldn't want to end up like Will Smith's character in Enemy of the State.)
UT99 shoutout!

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
I think you are being a little disingenuous. It's obvious,to me, the bigger issue at hand is what role Joe played in regards to helping Hunter rake in the cash.

Either way it's pretty sad that with all the actual good people out there that we came down to an old corrupt lifelong politician and a reality tv star as our choices.
It's zero. He played zero role in helping Hunter rake in the cash. But let's assume he did use his name to help Hunter rake in the cash from a foreign company. How is that even a crime? Why the fuck do you care when you know that "Republicans are killing us"?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Don't worry it's already being denied as fake news because it doesn't jive with their preconceived notions....

Even though Biden has fully admitted his kid is a dipshit drug addict.
The laptop thing is a made up story. Our intel agencies said Biden corruption concerning Ukraine is Russian disinformation.

What part of that does your brain fail to grasp?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I've had drug issues in my past. Shit happens.

I'm more concerned with the fact that Joe was using his political office to enrich his family.
Another Trump ass kisser who thinks there is a unique Hunter Biden problem.

Read this it might educate you

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

Way back in the day I bought a used hard drive from a fellow that was loaded with financial information from AT&T. Spread sheets, charts, projects, projections, all boring as hell.

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
Hey guys...it must be serious, Maria whatever on Fox spent 45 minutes of her hour show on it. 45 minutes...unbelievable.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
The laptop thing is a made up story. Our intel agencies said Biden corruption concerning Ukraine is Russian disinformation.

What part of that does your brain fail to grasp?

Absolutely. The tale of how this came into Rudy's possession is pure hogwash.

Feb 4, 2009
Way back in the day I bought a used hard drive from a fellow that was loaded with financial information from AT&T. Spread sheets, charts, projects, projections, all boring as hell.

2006(ish)?
I worked at ATT and I got notice a laptop was missing with employee #s, addressed, salary and ssn#s went missing and I qualified for 3 years of identity protection.
Assholes....

Feb 4, 2009
Honestly this story should end at, does anyone believe the President hasn’t or hasn’t tried to increase his wealth or his kids wealth using his position as President?

That is all that it is. Back to an either or choice.
Choose one of either guy who may be trying to use position to gain family wealth.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
2006(ish)?
I worked at ATT and I got notice a laptop was missing with employee #s, addressed, salary and ssn#s went missing and I qualified for 3 years of identity protection.
Assholes....
I believe it was early 90's. The fellow I purchased it from had done a drive upgrade for AT&T at a local location. He sold off the old drives as AT&T didn't want them. Hard drives were big money back then.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
that 'medical condition' should be easy to prove, there should a record of his diagnosis that can be gotten with a search warrant.

Search warrants require reasonable suspicion of a crime because of our rights against unreasonable search and seizure. Unless there is some hard evidence that he knows he didn't receive it from someone purporting to be Hunter and is lying then it will be difficult to get a search warrant for medical information like that

Honestly this story should end at, does anyone believe the President hasn’t or hasn’t tried to increase his wealth or his kids wealth using his position as President?

That is all that it is. Back to an either or choice.
Choose one of either guy who may be trying to use position to gain family wealth.

Depends. The implication is that it goes deeper... selling influence to get a prosecutor fired. Obviously, there are reasons to doubt that too but the questions don't begin and end with Biden or Trump helping their kids get money.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Search warrants require reasonable suspicion of a crime because of our rights against unreasonable search and seizure. Unless there is some hard evidence that he knows he didn't receive it from someone purporting to be Hunter and is lying then it will be difficult to get a search warrant for medical information like that

Depends. The implication is that it goes deeper... selling influence to get a prosecutor fired. Obviously, there are reasons to doubt that too but the questions don't begin and end with Biden or Trump helping their kids get money.
I think the questions for Biden DO end however when it turns out that:
1) Biden’s action was in line with what governments all over the developed world wanted and an action Republicans whole-heartedly supported at the time.

2) the prosecutor was fired for NOT investigating Burisma.

The entire conspiracy theory makes zero sense from the start because Biden’s actions, if anything, harmed his son’s prospects.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
Since the left is predictable this is where we are at:
It's Not Real
It's Russian Disinfo
It's Real But Doesn't Matter <---- YOU ARE HERE
It Matter But not Very Much
This is Old News
Shut Up Racist
What is real?

It seems like this whole thing is “Hunter Biden HAD A JOB!!111 And he’s JOE BIDENS SON111!!!!!”

• Haha
Reactions: skyking

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

You might as well believe in Bigfoot as to believe in crooked Joe in Ukraine with the Burisma.