Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 15 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
You fellows are funny. If this was about Trump it would be absolutely iron clad proof of corruption. With a Biden it's a Russian setup. I honestly get a little chuckle out of it. At the end of the day, you're no different than a rabid Trump supporter, and every bit as gullible.

I don't know what laws (if any) might have been broken by Hunter selling back door access to his dad, but it was clear before the email mess that he was at least attempting to. Why delude yourselves? Why not just admit that even if it all happened, you think Joe is a better choice than Trump? It's an honest position, and one that would be pretty hard to argue against.
You’re projecting again, why do you always project your own actions on to other people?

I just want to make sure you don’t think there’s anything suspicious about the following:

1) Someone drops off some laptops to be repaired at a location 3,000 miles from where the supposed owner lives.

2) The owner of the shop cannot identify who dropped them off.

3) The owner of the laptops never makes any attempt to retrieve them.

4) The owner of the shop makes no meaningful effort to contact the Bidens to either return their property or to be paid for his work.

5) The owner of the shop then decides to look through all the files on the hard drive, for fun, presumably, then copies it and gives it to the president’s dirtbag lawyer.

6) Those involved refuse to allow any independent party to verify that the data has not been fabricated ie tampered with.

I guess you’re just a really, REALLY trusting guy, huh? Hahaha.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Hunter Biden went to Yale Law School, probably THE or one of the hardest schools to get into. So, I have a hard time believing, given who he is, he dropped his laptop off at a small time Mac Store and left his password (that syncs across all his devices) with him. So, just trying to understand if it is possible to hack (not Russia/CIA resource hack, but this computer shop hack) without a password.
I mean there is a reason why Giuliani and the shop owner are acting incredibly evasive and keep changing their stories, haha.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Hunter Biden went to Yale Law School, probably THE or one of the hardest schools to get into. So, I have a hard time believing, given who he is, he dropped his laptop off at a small time Mac Store and left his password (that syncs across all his devices) with him. So, just trying to understand if it is possible to hack (not Russia/CIA resource hack, but this computer shop hack) without a password.
He probably didn't. The point is that anyone who hacked his iCloud could set this up with any MacBook by loading his iCloud onto it, forging a few things (or not), damaging the notebook, turning it is under his name, then deliberately abandoning it.

Remember "The Fappening?" That was a mass iCloud hack.. Also, Russia probably has some brute-force or backdoor methods of their own for a more targeted hack. If they wanted his password I'm sure they had ways to get it.

Commodus

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2004
You fellows are funny. If this was about Trump it would be absolutely iron clad proof of corruption. With a Biden it's a Russian setup. I honestly get a little chuckle out of it. At the end of the day, you're no different than a rabid Trump supporter, and every bit as gullible.

I don't know what laws (if any) might have been broken by Hunter selling back door access to his dad, but it was clear before the email mess that he was at least attempting to. Why delude yourselves? Why not just admit that even if it all happened, you think Joe is a better choice than Trump? It's an honest position, and one that would be pretty hard to argue against.

No, actually, it wouldn't.

The NY Post story has some glaring holes in it. The kind of holes that should immediately raise alarm bells for anyone fond of critical thinking. There are basic logical gaps, they won't turn over the supposed evidence in any form (and keep changing their story), and it comes from sources that routinely lie and conduct disinformation campaigns.

Don't get me wrong, left-leaning folks occasionally leap on rumors that don't have enough substance to work with, but there's a difference between "needs more proof to be trusted" and "doesn't pass a basic sniff test." Just as it's true that Joe Biden is the better candidate, it's also true this is almost certainly a bogus hit piece from the Trump camp.

Reactions: Meghan54

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
This is Fox News new Durham report...follow the squirrel bouncing from limb to limb...many people are saying...why won’t he answer...etc.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
You’re projecting again, why do you always project your own actions on to other people?

I just want to make sure you don’t think there’s anything suspicious about the following:

1) Someone drops off some laptops to be repaired at a location 3,000 miles from where the supposed owner lives.

2) The owner of the shop cannot identify who dropped them off.

3) The owner of the laptops never makes any attempt to retrieve them.

4) The owner of the shop makes no meaningful effort to contact the Bidens to either return their property or to be paid for his work.

5) The owner of the shop then decides to look through all the files on the hard drive, for fun, presumably, then copies it and gives it to the president’s dirtbag lawyer.

6) Those involved refuse to allow any independent party to verify that the data has not been fabricated ie tampered with.

I guess you’re just a really, REALLY trusting guy, huh? Hahaha.
Look, I think it's fishy too but your list demonstrates you lack a little perspective.

1) ...but much closer to his father, which is probably what they were going for if this were Russian hackers: Hunter and Joe meeting in Delaware to peddle influence. Still fishy, but not the contradiction you think it is for anyone inclined to believe that Hunter was selling access to his father.
2) Doesn't really mean much. I can't identify most of my 1 time customers from months ago.
3) Agreed, but that cast more suspicion on the real identity of the person presumably turning then in than it does the shop owner.
4) You sure about that? That's an assumption I wouldn't make. Not saying I believe him but you are ignoring that he claims to have made that effort and he very well may have. He could also have been stymied.
5) The owner said he decided to when he heard what was going on in the news and realized that his property may be relevant.
6) Agreed. That is unacceptable for accusations like these. ...but even if they have all that and it checks out they might withhold access exactly as they are for maximum chaos. It would work in their favor to get censored everywhere and only THEN drop all that evidence so that they could finger-wag and scandalize the media and big tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Look, I think it's fishy too but your list demonstrates you lack a little perspective.

1) ...but much closer to his father, which is probably what they were going for if this were Russian hackers: Hunter and Joe meeting in Delaware to peddle influence. Still fishy, but not to people who believe it.
I am not familiar with the layout of Delaware and Don't know where Joe Biden's house there is. Anyone know if this shop is near Joe's place or at least in the path between airport and Joe's house? If it's not this starts to look even more skeptical. Who would drive out of their way to drop off laptops at some hole in the wall shop plus giving them your iCloud password?

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Yes, by far the most likely answer is that they hacked his iCloud account and attempted to launder it through this silly laptop repair thing.

Vice president's son sits on the board of a Ukrainian energy company? What are the chances of them not having hacked a lot of his stuff or stuff received from him on the other end? Having it all turn out to be fake would be the most surprising thing ever. They'll probably keep adding smoke, especially real verifiable stuff.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

1) ...but much closer to his father, which is probably what they were going for if this were Russian hackers: Hunter and Joe meeting in Delaware to peddle influence. Still fishy, but not the contradiction you think it is for anyone inclined to believe that Hunter was selling access to his father.
I didn’t say it was a contradiction but it is a reason for suspicion, which is what my list was about.
2) Doesn't really mean much. I can't identify most of my 1 time customers from months ago.
Being unsure as to the identity of the person who gave you the materials in question is problematic.

3) Agreed, but that cast more suspicion on the real identity of the person presumably turning then in than it does the shop owner.
Agree, but why is that meaningful? My point is that the STORY is suspicious, it’s irrelevant as to whether or not that suspicion is the result of the shop owner or someone else

4) You sure about that? That's an assumption I wouldn't make. Not saying I believe him but you are ignoring that he claims to have made that effort and he very well may have. He could also have been stymied.
Yes, I’m quite confident. If he has access to Hunter Biden’s iCloud he has means of contacting him and ones that would be easy to present records of. His dad is also one of the most famous people in the world and would not be difficult to find.

5) The owner said he decided to when he heard what was going on in the news and realized that his property may be relevant.
I agree that could explain his interest but it would not explain why he thought copying it and giving it to the president’s personal attorney was a good idea.

6) Agreed. That is unacceptable for accusations like these. ...but even if they have all that and it checks out they might withhold access exactly as they are for maximum chaos. It would work in their favor to get censored everywhere and only THEN drop all that evidence so that they could finger-wag and scandalize the media and big tech.
Yes, it could be a tactic but regardless is cause for suspicion. It is particularly telling that the emails they released are PDF recreations of emails, not the emails themselves. I have a hard time imagining the purpose of that other than to mask their attributes.

Reactions: skyking
Feb 4, 2009
I mean there is a reason why Giuliani and the shop owner are acting incredibly evasive and keep changing their stories, haha.

One thing that seems to be glossed over. The shop owner claims to have a medical condition that prevents him from identifying people.
WHAT THE FUCK CONDITION IS THAT?

To me this is deplorable speak like I’ll troll the libs by saying I can’t answer questions because I have a disability.
Guess what Moron when you get hauled before the FBI or Congress they will give zero fucks about this.

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
Has Hunter Biden said anything about this? Has he denied/confirmed bringing his computer to this shop in Delaware

echo4747

Golden Member
Jun 22, 2005
What is there to say? Commenting on tabloids just gets your name out there more.
Well I'm sure he could go to any major news source of his choosing and say what he wants.. The more this story festers, the greater the probability it cost his father votes

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
Has Hunter Biden said anything about this? Has he denied/confirmed bringing his computer to this shop in Delaware
Hunter has one job right now. Keep his head down and his mouth shut. There is never nor will there ever be an upside to him appearing in the news ala Billy Carter or Bush twins or any other family member of a candidate/president.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Well I'm sure he could go to any major news source of his choosing and say what he wants.. The more this story festers, the greater the probability it cost his father votes

There's nothing he can say that will make it go away, especially since the likelihood is that Russia put at least some real stuff on the hard drive. Put it in the hands of the FBI and let them show how tainted it is. Probably will take longer than a month, hence why you wait to put it out there now. If the stuff was real, it would have been Rudy's job to hand it over to the FBI as soon as he received it.

There's no way to stop him from spreading it. Ignoring it is the best option. No legit publication will pick it up because the sourcing meets no journalistic standards. Even Fox will just have commentators and editorialists reference it by "according to the NY post", etc. and completely avoid printing anything that would indicate that have validated sources themselves.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
One thing that seems to be glossed over. The shop owner claims to have a medical condition that prevents him from identifying people.
WHAT THE FUCK CONDITION IS THAT?

To me this is deplorable speak like I’ll troll the libs by saying I can’t answer questions because I have a disability.
Guess what Moron when you get hauled before the FBI or Congress they will give zero fucks about this.

Autistic people sometimes have trouble looking people in the face.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
Oh I have no source. I am trying out this technique I learned from the trump administration. You put something out there and a percentage of people will never figure out it was made made up. :p