Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 14 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
There continues to be a lot of smoke.
If this is true, we need to find out. At least get to the bottom of it. I know getting to the bottom of it is not popular with the Democrats or the media, who would rather this be left alone, especially this close to the election. It is probably still much ado about nothing.
LOL.

Still not one single shred of evidence of a single improper act by Joe Biden.

I am glad that conservatives are showing renewed interest in the foreign dealings of government officials which is why I’m sure you, Hannity, and Law Enforcement Today will be calling for the immediate investigation into the Trump family and Jared Kushner.

Will you confirm that you support this?

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Hook, line and sinker. And yet we've not seen a damned thing presented as proof, have we? Only innuendo and claims.

And still no one outside Brietbart, Fox, RT, et al, seem to have any interest in this.

That's the problem with consistently lying, eventually nobody even bothers to take notice anymore.

Reactions: Vic and esquared

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Hook, line and sinker. And yet we've not seen a damned thing presented as proof, have we? Only innuendo and claims.

And still no one outside Brietbart, Fox, RT, et al, seem to have any interest in this.

I agree. Those who have the proof, emails, messages, etc., need to put up or shut up. What if there is hard proof that connects the dots, then what say you? You're right, no left leaning media has any interest in this. All they're interested in is getting Biden over the finish line, no matter what.

Reactions: OILFIELDTRASH

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
If this is true, we need to find out. At least get to the bottom of it. I know getting to the bottom of it is not popular with the Democrats or the media, who would rather this be left alone, especially this close to the election. It is probably still much ado about nothing.

Before reading this let’s see what “law enforcement today“ is

right011.png

MBFCMixed.png

Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.

Sounds like a real winner of site

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
The correct response to Hurley would've been to point out why there is no mystery for how one gets texts from Apple users while doing data recovery on a MacBook without suggesting that the user must have done something unlikely (gone out of their way to explicitly put backups on there that wouldn't normally be on there).

Indeed. I'll be the first to admit that I'm completely out of the loop when it comes to the entire Apple ecosystem. I pay attention to the SOCs and nothing else. Can't stand OSX or IOS, although I'll need to get an ARM mac for development so we'll see if I change my mind :p

Reactions: CZroe

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Can someone with an understanding of Macs explain how it would be possible for the store owner to access all this information. Assuming Hunter Biden didn't walk in and write his password down on a sheet of paper.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
Before reading this let’s see what “law enforcement today“ is

right011.png

MBFCMixed.png

Overall, we rate Law Enforcement Today far-Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that align with the conservative right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the use of poor sources, lack of transparency, and failed fact checks.

Sounds like a real winner of site

Translation to Trumptard:

Its a middle of the road website that takes liberal positions like blacks shouldn't be hung in public for jaywalking and conservative positions like failure to follow directions means immediate public execution.

Feb 4, 2009

We learned it from you. Just say fuck you!
How many times has the President done this? How many of his appointees have done this.

Fuck you. Nothing gets investigated.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000

Once again you're confused as to how "getting to the bottom of this" works. It starts with actual tangible proof and then objective follow up. You don't investigate baseless rumors.

To pull from another P&N thread/post. I keep hearing a lot about compuwiz1 fucking goats, I'm not saying it's true, and it probably isn't, but people are saying. Oh wait, I just, personally, myself, found a memo that confirms this. I don't know why there aren't other threads covering this. We really need to get to the bottom of this. Time to comit resources.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Can someone with an understanding of Macs explain how it would be possible for the store owner to access all this information. Assuming Hunter Biden didn't walk in and write his password down on a sheet of paper.
If you gave your computer to a repair shop for data recovery purposes you would also give them the passwords. iCloud syncs a lot of stuff between phones and macs so this would likely all be on there.

Again though, to anyone with common sense this is an inept and transparent way to launder the source of information, which is almost certainly that the Russians or whoever just hacked his iCloud account.

Either that or Hunter Biden traveled 3,000 miles to drop his computer off at a shady repair shop and never went back for it. And when the repair shop fixed his computers they never bothered to attempt to contact him, even using the iCloud account he gave them access to and presumably cared about.

Reactions: alexruiz and CZroe

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
I agree. Those who have the proof, emails, messages, etc., need to put up or shut up. What if there is hard proof that connects the dots, then what say you? You're right, no left leaning media has any interest in this. All they're interested in is getting Biden over the finish line, no matter what.
How many times will you fall for this? Of course there isn't "proof."

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
How many times will you fall for this? Of course there isn't "proof."

He doesn't fall for it, it's what his feels tell him is true. Hannity, OAN, Trump, they're "woke". He won't be trusting anyone else. Can't fall for something you have no intention of thinking about, just spread the agit prop.

Reactions: skyking

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Once again you're confused as to how "getting to the bottom of this" works. It starts with actual tangible proof and then objective follow up. You don't investigate baseless rumors.

To pull from another P&N thread/post. I keep hearing a lot about compuwiz1 fucking goats, I'm not saying it's true, and it probably isn't, but people are saying. Oh wait, I just, personally, myself, found a memo that confirms this. I don't know why there aren't other threads covering this. We really need to get to the bottom of this. Time to comit resources.
Another question I would like @compuwiz1 to answer is why they have stubbornly refused to let any independent source verify the authenticity of the emails/files.

To me the most likely answer is that after hacking Hunter Biden’s account they added in false documents, etc. to try and make him look bad. These would not stand up to scrutiny.

TheVrolok

Lifer
Dec 11, 2000
Another question I would like @compuwiz1 to answer is why they have stubbornly refused to let any independent source verify the authenticity of the emails/files.

To me the most likely answer is that after hacking Hunter Biden’s account they added in false documents, etc. to try and make him look bad. These would not stand up to scrutiny.
Yep, and trying desperately to get anything to stick as the game clock is nearly run out.

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999
You fellows are funny. If this was about Trump it would be absolutely iron clad proof of corruption. With a Biden it's a Russian setup. I honestly get a little chuckle out of it. At the end of the day, you're no different than a rabid Trump supporter, and every bit as gullible.

I don't know what laws (if any) might have been broken by Hunter selling back door access to his dad, but it was clear before the email mess that he was at least attempting to. Why delude yourselves? Why not just admit that even if it all happened, you think Joe is a better choice than Trump? It's an honest position, and one that would be pretty hard to argue against.

Reactions: OILFIELDTRASH
Feb 4, 2009
You fellows are funny. If this was about Trump it would be absolutely iron clad proof of corruption. With a Biden it's a Russian setup. I honestly get a little chuckle out of it. At the end of the day, you're no different than a rabid Trump supporter, and every bit as gullible.

I don't know what laws (if any) might have been broken by Hunter selling back door access to his dad, but it was clear before the email mess that he was at least attempting to. Why delude yourselves? Why not just admit that even if it all happened, you think Joe is a better choice than Trump? It's an honest position, and one that would be pretty hard to argue against.

See my earlier comment.
We learned it from you
Fuck you no investigations

Fuck you

Bring the matter to court.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

Done:
When you turn in a Mac for data recovery, you literally walk in and put your password down on a piece of paper.

If you gave your computer to a repair shop for data recovery purposes you would also give them the passwords. iCloud syncs a lot of stuff between phones and macs so this would likely all be on there.

Again though, to anyone with common sense this is an inept and transparent way to launder the source of information, which is almost certainly that the Russians or whoever just hacked his iCloud account.

Either that or Hunter Biden traveled 3,000 miles to drop his computer off at a shady repair shop and never went back for it. And when the repair shop fixed his computers they never bothered to attempt to contact him, even using the iCloud account he gave them access to and presumably cared about.
There are ways they can turn it in with Hunter's real contact info and still interfere with the process. For example, they could use their access to Hunter's iCloud to block calls and delete emails from the shop. Alternatively, they could repeatedly contact Hunter or his secretary/assistant while impersonating the shop and giving bogus information... like bad addresses, bad phone numbers, etc prompting them to ignore the real shop when they call about a laptop Biden never actually turned in. They could even hack the shop to block/intercept/thwart/misdirect good-faith attempts to reach Biden, keeping Biden in the dark. If it doesn't work, they try again with another shop until it does.

Roger Wilco

Diamond Member
Mar 20, 2017

If there was a rumor that Trump did something bad, nobody would notice, because we have actual proof that Trump is actively doing bad shit.

Reactions: alexruiz and dank69

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

Hunter Biden went to Yale Law School, probably THE or one of the hardest schools to get into. So, I have a hard time believing, given who he is, he dropped his laptop off at a small time Mac Store and left his password (that syncs across all his devices) with him. So, just trying to understand if it is possible to hack (not Russia/CIA resource hack, but this computer shop hack) without a password.