Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 13 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
I assumed the tech to be a willing participant all along. It's the only way it makes sense, and the only way they can claim it wasn't obtained via hacking. None of it has to hold water any further than the election, anyway.
At this point anyone who giving credence to the BS coming from the trump propaganda machine is simply an idiot, right? Unless they can go back to the beginning and prove Obama was born in Kenya or at least lock Hillary up, they should STFU. These brainwasher fools do not deserver anyone's time.

Fool me once, shame on you; fool me two hundred times, I'm a brainless cult member.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
You aren't afraid of people that deny that gender is a real thing? People who want to erase our history? Men using women's bathrooms? Boys slamming girls around in grade school wrestling matches? Kids being allowed to mutilate themselves or take hormone replacement drugs before their brains are functional? The media withholding facts or jumping to conclusions about police issues before the whole story comes out and as a result causing riots? Defunding police?

God forbid people be allowed to live their own lives and exercise their own freedoms and speak their minds as they see fit without some fear-riddled paranoid assholes trying to take that away from them in the name of freedom.

Reactions: dank69

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
That actually came from Alex Jones. I listen mostly for fun and the off chance he gets a real scoop (which actually happens sometimes). I listen to maybe a hour a week at most. I know he is either a troll or he's insane. I don't actually think the left is running a child trafficking ring but no one is raising a stink that Bill Gates, Bill Clinton, Prince from England, were big fans of Epstein. Also hollywood is filthy as can be and also left. So while I don't actually believe the left are running a sex trafficking ring they definitely make you raise some eyebrows.
You aren't afraid of people that deny that gender is a real thing? People who want to erase our history? Men using women's bathrooms? Boys slamming girls around in grade school wrestling matches? Kids being allowed to mutilate themselves or take hormone replacement drugs before their brains are functional? The media withholding facts or jumping to conclusions about police issues before the whole story comes out and as a result causing riots? Defunding police?

At first I laughed but then your post made me kinda sad.
I'm sorry bro.
Whatever shit you went through that led to where your head is today...
I'm sorry.

You may want to take a step back and reconsider some the stuff you are consuming and regurgitating back on here.

I have other news that might shock you.
WWE..
It's not really wrestling and those guys are actually performance artists reading from scripts.

zzyzxroad

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2017
At first I laughed but then your post made me kinda sad.
I'm sorry bro.
Whatever shit you went through that led to where your head is today...
I'm sorry.

You may want to take a step back and reconsider some the stuff you are consuming and regurgitating back on here.

I have other news that might shock you.
WWE..
It's not really wrestling and those guys are actually performance artists reading from scripts.
OFT response

WOOOOOOOO!!!WAITWHAT

mikeymikec

Lifer
May 19, 2011
oilfieldtrash's posts are very much like 0roo0roo's: Ask him a question about something he's said, so he moves on to something else.

• Haha
Reactions: esquared

HurleyBird

Platinum Member
Apr 22, 2003
I might have missed it, but how did they get the texts? From the same hard drive? Doesn't seem like something that would be stored on a hard drive...

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I might have missed it, but how did they get the texts? From the same hard drive? Doesn't seem like something that would be stored on a hard drive...

You can backup your phone to your hard drive with software from phone maker. You can also backup to cloud.

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
NqZCe9Q.jpg

i found new evidence

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001

You can backup your phone to your hard drive with software from phone maker. You can also backup to cloud.

Clearly, you two have no idea how iCloud and iMessage work. Your AppleID will synchronize iMessages across all your Apple devices. It isn't just a backup sitting on a hard drive. It's literally the same as having the phone instead since it's the desktop version of same app you'd use on your phone... front and center, ready to go, and loaded up with all your messages.
16963bc83dfe287363b9e325a605c1ff.jpg

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
Of course, as hilarious as it is that they're sharing things like those texts and this picture:

EkfyV8AWAAEGlLW.jpg

It's presumably just them establishing credibility before dropping the damaging info that, based on what happened to Macron, will include forged material.

But man, in the interim, they're doing a great job of making Biden look like a down-to-earth mensch.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Clearly, you two have no idea how iCloud and iMessage work. Your AppleID will synchronize iMessages across all your Apple devices. It isn't just a backup sitting on a hard drive. It's literally the same as having the phone instead since it's the desktop version of same app you'd use on your phone... front and center, ready to go, and loaded up with all your messages.
16963bc83dfe287363b9e325a605c1ff.jpg
Just commenting on how you can backup locally. Not talking about this farce

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
Just commenting on how you can backup locally. Not talking about this farce
I wasn't talking about "this farce" either other than the fact that we know the "hard drive" was a MacBook.

The correct response to Hurley would've been to point out why there is no mystery for how one gets texts from Apple users while doing data recovery on a MacBook without suggesting that the user must have done something unlikely (gone out of their way to explicitly put backups on there that wouldn't normally be on there).

I'm not a Mac user or an iPhone user but it should be pretty clear how iCloud works to most of us on a tech forum: iCloud doesn't just mean everything gets backed up to the cloud... it also means everything gets automatically synchronized across your devices with the same iCloud account.

IOW, he said something clueless and you went barking up the wrong tree. No biggie, but someone had to nip it in the bud before we come full-circle like we already did regarding the feasibility of a MacBook repair shop doing data recovery (that's exactly what board-level independent repair shops do).

Last edited:

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
Look at the iMessage screenshots the Post put up. There are clearly contacts associated with the convo. Yet the shop couldn't contact anybody about picking up the laptop. How curious lol.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
I wasn't talking about "this farce" either other than the fact that we know the "hard drive" was a MacBook.

The correct response to Hurley would've been to point out why there is no mystery for how one gets texts from Apple users while doing data recovery on a MacBook without suggesting that the user must have done something unlikely (gone out of their way to explicitly put backups on there that wouldn't normally be on there).

I'm not a Mac user or an iPhone user but it should be pretty clear how iCloud works to most of us on a tech forum: iCloud doesn't just mean everything gets backed up to the cloud... it also means everything gets automatically synchronized across your devices with the same iCloud account.

IOW, he said something clueless and you went barking up the wrong tree. No biggie, but someone had to nip it in the bud before we come full-circle like we already did regarding the feasibility of a MacBook repair shop doing data recovery (that's exactly what board-level independent repair shops do).

You mean you cannot backup your phone locally on a Mac? That is horrible.

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
You mean you cannot backup your phone locally on a Mac? That is horrible.
You can back it up to a Mac or a PC through iTunes but Apple has been trying to kill iTunes for years. Even then, it wouldn't be in a format you could easily comb through and would likely be encrypted (iTunes has both options for iDevice backups). Apple wants you to backup your phone to iCloud instead, which you can definitely do. You can even restore those backups to completely different devices.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
You can back it up to a Mac or a PC through iTunes but Apple has been trying to kill iTunes for years. Even then, it wouldn't be in a format you could easily comb through and would likely be encrypted (iTunes has both options for iDevice backups). Apple wants you to backup your phone to iCloud instead, which you can definitely do. You can even restore those backups to completely different devices.

So what I said was not wrong was it?

CZroe

Lifer
Jun 24, 2001
So what I said was not wrong was it?
I never said it was wrong. I said it was barking up the wrong tree by suggesting that the feasibility of the shop getting text messages required the user to have gone out of his or her way to make a backup and that the shop then had to extract that information from a backup file.

It's a MacBook.

It has iMessage.

The shop would have been entrusted with the AppleID for the work they were asked to do.*

With all that the text messages are right freakin' there without the user needing to make any explicit backup.

Heck, the shop probably could've continued receiving Hunter's messages for the rest of the year or even sent messages as Hunter if Hunter neglected to lock them out and change his AppleID password. Obviously, sending messages as Hunter would draw attention to them accessing his info and would be a quick way to get locked out so it's more likely they imaged the drive while they still had access and then perused its contents at their leisure.

People don't use MacBooks without an AppleID these days. Even accessing a local backup file would've required Hunter's AppleID... which removes the need to access an old backup file when the newer stuff is right there, fully accessible. Again: Barking up the wrong tree.

*...though it could easily have been the Russians or whoever sharing stolen credentials as Hunter Biden.

Last edited:

ewdotson

Golden Member
Oct 30, 2011
*...though it could easily have been the Russians or whoever sharing stolen credentials as Hunter Biden.
That's my not-at-all-an-expert-in-this-particular-venue assumption at this point - the whole "Hunter Biden happened to wander into a repair shop owned by a qanon type, dropped off laptops and never came back for them" thing stinks like week-old fish. But there's clearly some real stuff in here (although again, it seems very likely we're going to be hit with forged/altered items as well), but someone having gotten access to Hunter's iCloud account? That seems entirely plausible, if rather crime-y depending on how they got it. Hence the stupid repair shop story, presumably.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
That's my not-at-all-an-expert-in-this-particular-venue assumption at this point - the whole "Hunter Biden happened to wander into a repair shop owned by a qanon type, dropped off laptops and never came back for them" thing stinks like week-old fish. But there's clearly some real stuff in here (although again, it seems very likely we're going to be hit with forged/altered items as well), but someone having gotten access to Hunter's iCloud account? That seems entirely plausible, if rather crime-y depending on how they got it. Hence the stupid repair shop story, presumably.
Probably Russian intercepted stuff.

Reactions: CZroe

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Yes, by far the most likely answer is that they hacked his iCloud account and attempted to launder it through this silly laptop repair thing.

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
There continues to be a lot of smoke.
If this is true, we need to find out. At least get to the bottom of it. I know getting to the bottom of it is not popular with the Democrats or the media, who would rather this be left alone, especially this close to the election. It is probably still much ado about nothing.

Hook, line and sinker. And yet we've not seen a damned thing presented as proof, have we? Only innuendo and claims.

And still no one outside Brietbart, Fox, RT, et al, seem to have any interest in this.