Burisma, Hunter, Bribery, Crack cocaine, etc

Page 9 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Considering it is coming out that it's now being investigated as part of a Russian misinformation campaign there isn't a chance in hell they have/had it before now

Sounds about right to me. The most plausible explanation is that the repair shop owner is operating on behalf of Russia one way or another. Only need to compromise one person to make the whole conspiracy have traction, if even that. It would not surprise me one bit if there were Russian operatives with sketchy phone / computer repair businesses out there.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Maybe if Donald Trump wasn't such a loser his people wouldn't need to pull this crap to win an election. If Donald Trump wasn't such a loser maybe he could actually win elections fair and square. And maybe if Donald Trump quit hanging around with other losers like Rudy and Roger Stone.... oh what's the use? Trump will always be Trump, and republicans can never win unless they cheat.

Jan 25, 2011
Maybe if Donald Trump wasn't such a loser his people wouldn't need to pull this crap to win an election. If Donald Trump wasn't such a loser maybe he could actually win elections fair and square. And maybe if Donald Trump quit hanging around with other losers like Rudy and Roger Stone.... oh what's the use? Trump will always be Trump, and republicans can never win unless they cheat.
He was warned Giuliani was a huge risk of being used by Russia for that very purpose. He doesn't care if it helps him.

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012
Most states and as such repair shop have a surrender policy for abandoned items. Don't pick it up within X amount of time it becomes the property of the store. If whatever the prescribed time period was passed then it's not an issue.

I understand the physical laptop. But the data inside of it? Would like some legal analysis of this.

brycejones

Lifer
Oct 18, 2005
I understand the physical laptop. But the data inside of it? Would like some legal analysis of this.
It’s abandoned property at that point. Like trash on the curb you don’t have an expectation of privacy. Don’t want your data at risk? Encrypt it.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
It’s abandoned property at that point. Like trash on the curb you don’t have an expectation of privacy. Don’t want your data at risk? Encrypt it.

I am curious. The whole thing is bogus, but if we did believe it and did pay heed to the subpoena for the device and that there were a known ongoing criminal investigation where the drive was seized, would copying/releasing the contents to the media be legal then?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Usually for property to be abandoned the person possessing it must make a good faith effort to see it returned to the owner. I'm not aware of any indication that happened here.

May 13, 2009
Looks like Hunter was expecting to make 10 million a year for himself and the rest of the family was getting in on the action too. The 10 million a year was for introductions.
Twitter had banned ny post twitter account. Good fucking grief.
lol. It just keeps getting better.
Either the ny post knows this stuff to be legit or they are getting ready to be sued into oblivion. I'll go with the former. I doubt they are stupid enough to run a story like this without it being legitimate. No company is going to put themselves into that kind of bind in today's litigious society.

May 13, 2009
Usually for property to be abandoned the person possessing it must make a good faith effort to see it returned to the owner. I'm not aware of any indication that happened here.
The shop owner supposedly tried contacting Hunter numerous times.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
Looks like Hunter was expecting to make 10 million a year for himself and the rest of the family was getting in on the action too. The 10 million a year was for introductions.
Either the ny post knows this stuff to be legit or they are getting ready to be sued into oblivion. I'll go with the former. I doubt they are stupid enough to run a story like this without it being legitimate. No company is going to put themselves into that kind of bind in today's litigious society.

Lol, are you actually reading any of these articles? Again, absolutely zero wrongdoing shown by Biden.

This is just getting pathetic, the desperation is oozing out of every part of this attempt at a story, haha.

May 13, 2009
The left picked the absolute two worst candidates of the whole bunch. Biden has more skeletons in his closet than Hannibal Lector.
Kamala got destroyed by Pence at the debates. And on top of that she withheld evidence to keep someone on fucking death row. These people are trash.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
The left picked the absolute two worst candidates of the whole bunch. Biden has more skeletons in his closet than Hannibal Lector.
Kamala got destroyed by Pence at the debates. And on top of that she withheld evidence to keep someone on fucking death row. These people are trash.

You are either a paid troll or the dumbest fucking tool in the shed. Good god no one can take you seriously.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
The shop owner supposedly tried contacting Hunter numerous times.

Oh, you mean the shop owner who keeps changing his story and can't seem to get it straight with Rudy Giuliani and said he couldn't identify the person who dropped off the laptop as Hunter Biden? That shopkeeper? Hahaha.

You are the world's easiest mark. They're laughing at you, you realize, right?

May 13, 2009
Lol, are you actually reading any of these articles? Again, absolutely zero wrongdoing shown by Biden.

This is just getting pathetic, the desperation is oozing out of every part of this attempt at a story, haha.
Yeah nothing to see here. Joe Bidens crack addicted son just landing multi million dollar gigs from several corrupt countries. And the emails showing the rest of the family getting in on the action.
Wonder how pops sold out the American people to get these favors done? Joe must have made a half billion in bribes if Hunter was getting 10 million a year.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

See now you're showing your hand. You were better off before when you pretended to support Biden and then had to reluctantly switch back to Trump because of that civil unrest stuff you made up in your head.

This is just over the top stupidity - you have to keep it believable. Nobody is going to believe that you think someone else is corrupt so you're voting for Trump, the most comically corrupt president in the history of the country.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
Yeah nothing to see here. Joe Bidens crack addicted son just landing multi million dollar gigs from several corrupt countries. And the emails showing the rest of the family getting in on the action.
Wonder how pops sold out the American people to get these favors done? Joe must have made a half billion in bribes if Hunter was getting 10 million a year.

Can you show me on Biden's tax returns where the Russian puppet touched you?

Feb 4, 2009

I am shocked at the greed.

BTW when will we apply the same standard to the Presidents & Family or is it alright because that is taking American money?

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006

So to be clear you admit that there is exactly zero evidence of any misconduct by Joe Biden in the story - right?

Just want to make sure you're still at least marginally connected to reality.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I am shocked at the greed.

BTW when will we apply the same standard to the Presidents & Family or is it alright because that is taking American money?

What do you mean taking American money? Trump currently runs a hotel down the street from the White House where members of foreign governments have been directly bribing him for the last four years.

May 13, 2009
Oh, you mean the shop owner who keeps changing his story and can't seem to get it straight with Rudy Giuliani and said he couldn't identify the person who dropped off the laptop as Hunter Biden? That shopkeeper? Hahaha.

You are the world's easiest mark. They're laughing at you, you realize, right?
I'd be changing my story too if the Gestapo left were after me as well. They've already shown they have no regards for law or human life. They've let cities burn, they were involved in child trafficking rings, they are now trying to influence elections by silencing people and controlling the media.
It's communism 101.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I'd be changing my story too if the Gestapo left were after me as well. They've already shown they have no regards for law or human life. They've let cities burn, they were involved in child trafficking rings, they are now trying to influence elections by silencing people and controlling the media.
It's communism 101.

Okay I genuinely laughed out loud.

'Sure he's a liar but the liberals made him lie. Also, I believe him.'

Hehehe.