burglary now punishable by death in texas

Page 18 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Zebo
It's a shame a 62 year old man has more balls than 60% of this thread.. From the sounds of it most of you would let these two break-in and not only steal from you but let them rape your girl (or boy as the case may be) while whining like babies in the corner.

Yeah, it takes a lot of balls to shoot somebody in the back. :roll:

Is it too much to expect at least some kind of intellectual honesty on this forum? Really? Is there some reason why vigilante justice has to be equated with self-defense? And that refusing to condone the obvious viligantism in this case has to bring comments like we'd allow someone to rape our own children while whining in the corner?

Tell ya what, Zebo, I'll PM you my address and you can come break into my house and you'll see how much I'll whine in the corner, okay? At least I'll guarantee you I won't shoot you in the back.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: SlickSnake
Originally posted by: Vic
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
In case you bleeding heart east coast liberals obviously forgot about it, Texas is and always has been struggling to remain democratic, free and a viable part of the USA. But if Texas turns into Texaco one day, like it rapidly is, all the rest of you liberal Yankee turncoat states will certainly be next to follow us as the USA is completely overrun and destroyed by the criminal illegal alien plague.
Do you realize how difficult it is for people to take you seriously with this sort of partisan spew? Go blame the federal gov't for not protecting your southern border - they're the ones responsible, remember?

Meh. SlickSnake seems to have forgotten that the Yankee North is the United States of America, and the turncoats states are the South. If he and his fellows want to keep talking like that, I'm sure a rematch could be arranged, and the rebels can get their asses kicked even worse the 2nd time around.

"I am selfishly protecting my own rights from wannabe word vigilantes."

I think this is an accurate misquote by you for this baseless criticism of my comments, Vic.

I used the word turncoat generally, not literally, which is something the anal grammy nannies like yourself never seem to comprehend before posting baseless trash and endlessly arguing with other posters about.

The term turncoat means traitor and I am aware of the various meanings of the word turncoat. I used it here intentionally to refer in an ironic nature to the traitorous comments the Yank posters have for anything that involves Texas.

You accidentally added even more irony to my usage by choosing to comment about it, in some futile attempt to befuddle my proper usage of turncoat. But if you unintentionally enlightened some random reader who was not aware of one possible historical meaning, then I guess it was not all in vain.

So the next time you want to be a grammy nannie, try looking up the word you may fail to completely comprehend the ironic use of before you mistakenly criticize someone over the ironic use of it all while failing to see the irony of it all.

:confused:

This is the best you got? To fault me for a minor typographical error and then pretend that I play the grammar nazi all the time (when I don't). Sorry about the extra "s"... wow.

:roll:

The rebel turncoats in the US have always been the South. That's the historical fact. You don't like the way us Yankees do it up north, then go ahead and try to secede again. Hopefully, this time we'll drop nukes.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
It's a shame a 62 year old man has more balls than 60% of this thread.. From the sounds of it most of you would let these two break-in and not only steal from you but let them rape your girl (or boy as the case may be) while whining like babies in the corner.

Is it too much to expect at least some kind of intellectual honesty on this forum? Really? Is there some reason why vigilante justice has to be equated with self-defense? And that refusing to condone the obvious viligantism in this case has to bring comments like we'd allow someone to rape our own children while whining in the corner?

Tell ya what, Zebo, I'll PM you my address and you can come break into my house and you'll see how much I'll whine in the corner, okay? At least I'll guarantee you I won't shoot you in the back.

Please CC me with your home address.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor

Please CC me with your home address.

:p

I'll send you my neighbors :evil:

Jebeelzabub

Mar 7, 2008
I can't believe there's a 7 page thread full of people crying over some low lifes that got what they had coming.

LOL, soooooo many people you'd be happy as a clam if they were just lined up against a wall and shot. All felons, the entire country of Iran, most if not all Iraqis. How about illegal aliens? Have I left anyone out?

Regards,

Jebeelzabub

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Jebeelzabub
I can't believe there's a 7 page thread full of people crying over some low lifes that got what they had coming.

LOL, soooooo many people you'd be happy as a clam if they were just lined up against a wall and shot. All felons, the entire country of Iran, most if not all Iraqis. How about illegal aliens? Have I left anyone out?

Regards,

Jebeelzabub

Felons caught in the act. There's very few options available to stop them while they're in the act.

In any other circumstance I believe in a trial by jury of their peers.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
In case you bleeding heart east coast liberals obviously forgot about it, Texas is and always has been struggling to remain democratic, free and a viable part of the USA. But if Texas turns into Texaco one day, like it rapidly is, all the rest of you liberal Yankee turncoat states will certainly be next to follow us as the USA is completely overrun and destroyed by the criminal illegal alien plague.
Do you realize how difficult it is for people to take you seriously with this sort of partisan spew? Go blame the federal gov't for not protecting your southern border - they're the ones responsible, remember?

Meh. SlickSnake seems to have forgotten that the Yankee North is the United States of America, and the turncoats states are the South. If he and his fellows want to keep talking like that, I'm sure a rematch could be arranged, and the rebels can get their asses kicked even worse the 2nd time around.

"I am selfishly protecting my own rights from wannabe word vigilantes."

I think this is an accurate misquote by you for this baseless criticism of my comments, Vic.

I used the word turncoat generally, not literally, which is something the anal grammy nannies like yourself never seem to comprehend before posting baseless trash and endlessly arguing with other posters about.

The term turncoat means traitor and I am aware of the various meanings of the word turncoat. I used it here intentionally to refer in an ironic nature to the traitorous comments the Yank posters have for anything that involves Texas.

You accidentally added even more irony to my usage by choosing to comment about it, in some futile attempt to befuddle my proper usage of turncoat. But if you unintentionally enlightened some random reader who was not aware of one possible historical meaning, then I guess it was not all in vain.

So the next time you want to be a grammy nannie, try looking up the word you may fail to completely comprehend the ironic use of before you mistakenly criticize someone over the ironic use of it all while failing to see the irony of it all.

:confused:

This is the best you got? To fault me for a minor typographical error and then pretend that I play the grammar nazi all the time (when I don't). Sorry about the extra "s"... wow.

:roll:

The rebel turncoats in the US have always been the South. That's the historical fact. You don't like the way us Yankees do it up north, then go ahead and try to secede again. Hopefully, this time we'll drop nukes.

Yeah! Don't make us come down there again and kick your asses a second time.

hellokeith

Golden Member
Nov 12, 2004
Come into my yard and threaten me, and you better believe you're gonna get shot. It doesn't matter if you broke into my neighbor's house or if you are the ice cream truck lady. My yard + my self-defense + your threatening = your life

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: Corn
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

It is ALWAYS good for the criminal to die. Always.

Do you ever speed?

Ummmm, speeding is a civil infraction, not a criminal offense.

No, it's not. It's criminal, not civil.

As usual, you're wrong.

DWI and reckless driving are misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses, but speeding is generally considered a civil infraction.

More info from wikipedia......

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Craig234
Originally posted by: RightIsWrong
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

It is ALWAYS good for the criminal to die. Always.

Do you ever speed?

Ummmm, speeding is a civil infraction, not a criminal offense.

No, it's not. It's criminal, not civil.

As usual, you're wrong.

DWI and reckless driving are misdemeanor and felony criminal offenses, but speeding is generally considered a civil infraction.

More info from wikipedia......

As usual, you're wrong, but unusually, not entirely wrong.

There are three degrees of crimes: felony, misdemeanor, and infraction. Civil law is a seperate area of law from the criminal law.

Infractions have some difference with misdemeanors or felonies, such as there being only financial penalties and no imprisonment, but they're still crimes.

link

Infractions, sometimes known as regulatory offenses, are the least serious class of crime in the criminal law system of the United States.

From your own link, click on 'Traffic Stop':

A traffic stop is a temporary detention of a driver of a vehicle by police to investigate a possible crime. In constitutional law in the United States, a traffic stop is considered to be a subset of the Terry stop; the Terry standard for temporary detentions requires only reasonable suspicion that a crime has occurred or is about to occur.

However, infractions are often 'treated as' civil law, or sometimes 'handled by' civil court, down to the term 'civil infraction', so you are not completely wrong.

Many infractions are not even serious enough to be considered crime, and are instead often treated as civil cases and handed over to civil courts. Infractions are, in general, similar to civil cases in that the prosecution need only demonstrate "a preponderance of evidence" to prove the defendant's guilt, rather than beyond a reasonable doubt, as is required by criminal trials for misdemeanor and felony charges.

But don't get too excited, the above is followed by:

Nevertheless, infractions are technically crimes