Burger King----> $.99 cent whoppers....Reminder

rutchtkim

Golden Member
Aug 2, 2001
Burger has their whoppers for $.99 cents for a limited time. Just a friendly reminder

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
this 'limited time' sale has been going on for a while and will probably keep up for atleast another year, as long as mcdonalds is fizzling and fighting back in the burger and 99cent menu wars.

etee

May 31, 2001
this is a national limited time sale that started this month i believe. other BK stores may have their regional 99c whoppers, but this is the first time in a while I have seen whoppers for 99c w/o a coupon in my area.

DrPizza

Administrator Elite Member Goat Whisperer
Mar 5, 2001
www.slatebrookfarm.com
My burger kings have double cheeseburgers for 99cents... perfect for my dogs when I get take out Chinese food. I'd get the 2 burgers 2 fries for 2.22 for the dogs, but I don't like feeding them french fries.

RLE

Nov 3, 2002
It is amazing how many humans eat this stuff that is actually dogfood. I am glad you have it straight.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: RLE
It is amazing how many humans eat this stuff that is actually dogfood. I am glad you have it straight.
I care about my dog too much to feed her stuff from here. :)

PoPPeR

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 2002
pfft... they wouldn't feed it to us if they thought it was bad for us!

would they? :Q

Maelsturm

Nov 12, 2002
I went to BK last night, which, unfortunately, was sandwiched imbetween the 99 cent double chee and the 99 cent whopper.

I think in my area it's the junior whopper that's 99 cents, not the full whopper.

Evilmage

Nov 20, 2000
Originally posted by: jjsole

Yet you are all willing to eat crap from all the other restaurants which are equally bad healthwise but you like the taste.

I think I'm going to make a new food item for you smart asses. I'm going to call it "Crap that tastes good but is still crap so please shut up." and I'm going to it sell you. Only, I'm going to call it something that sounds tasty and all you smart asses that complain EVERYTHING being crap are going to eat it and like it. In the end though, its still crap only it tastes good and you're all going to die of heart attacks when you're 40 because you have high cholesterol and high blood pressure from sitting down all day thread crapping.

iwearnosox

Lifer
Oct 26, 2000
The whopper is particularly deadly- even without the cheese it's 710 calories, 45 grams of fat including 14 grams of saturated fat. A Whopper with cheese, a large fries and a chocolate shake adds up to 1895 calories, 91 grams of fat, 32 grams of saturated fat and 9 grams of trans fat. That's 95% of the 2,000 calorie daily recommendation, 140% of your daily fat and 160% of your maximum saturated fat allowance.

Whopper Juniors are a little healthier with only 430 calories. ;)

feralkid

Lifer
Jan 28, 2002
Originally posted by: Evilmage

Yet you are all willing to eat crap from all the other restaurants which are equally bad healthwise but you like the taste.

I think I'm going to make a new food item for you smart asses. I'm going to call it "Crap that tastes good but is still crap so please shut up." and I'm going to it sell you. Only, I'm going to call it something that sounds tasty and all you smart asses that complain EVERYTHING being crap are going to eat it and like it. In the end though, its still crap only it tastes good and you're all going to die of heart attacks when you're 40 because you have high cholesterol and high blood pressure from sitting down all day thread crapping.

I would consider my own blood pressure if i were you. Anger and rage behaviors are also contributing factors.

dakata24

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2000
thanks for the heads up.. i think ill go for one. been awhile since i had 1 so it aint gonna kill me to eat there a few times during the promotion.. :D

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: Evilmage
Originally posted by: RLE It is amazing how many humans eat this stuff that is actually dogfood. I am glad you have it straight.
Yet you are all willing to eat crap from all the other restaurants which are equally bad healthwise but you like the taste. I think I'm going to make a new food item for you smart asses. I'm going to call it "Crap that tastes good but is still crap so please shut up." and I'm going to it sell you. Only, I'm going to call it something that sounds tasty and all you smart asses that complain EVERYTHING being crap are going to eat it and like it. In the end though, its still crap only it tastes good and you're all going to die of heart attacks when you're 40 because you have high cholesterol and high blood pressure from sitting down all day thread crapping.
I think you're reading into things a bit there Evilmage! :D Leave your desk, go get some fresh air and you'll feel better!

dajeepster

Golden Member
Apr 15, 2001
Fix your link... id b broken

after reading that... I think I'll go get me a big fat greasy burger

nebula

Golden Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DrPizza
just a little info

Isn't this like the buy a diamond thread? No one wants to buy the product, but we all do anyway?

Sorta, but in this case, we want to buy the product! :D Just can't beat the Whopper over all other burgers. Seriously, I don't eat there that often, I usually bring lunch from home. But when I was in college, oh boy, junk food maniac. I have a super metabolism so I didn't gain weight but the cholesterol is still always a factor. It's hard to beat a 99 cent lunch though, skip the fries, but those are so tasty too.. <drool>

EDIT: His link is fixed in my post. ;)

Wheatmaster

Diamond Member
Aug 10, 2002
too bad subway doesn't do like this kind of deal: "Show us a subway ticket, and you get a free subway!" :p

m0ssie

Dec 25, 2000
I miss my spirit card deals at subway. A local church sold spirit cards (coupon card). One of the coupons was for Subway. You could buy a 12 sub with a drink, and get another 12" sub with drink FREE. You could use it once per visit, and they could be reused for a whole year. It was nice while it lasted. I went there once a week at least.
The whoppers sure taste good, but not good for my health/fitness. I can't trim down eating whoppers, though I wish I could.
One whopper no cheese= 760 calories, 46g fat. No wonder they taste so good!