Bumbling House GOP, in effort to attack Obama on Benghazi, expose CIA cover on TV

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

The state dept official did not refer to anything about the CIA. It was the Republican twit from Utah who interjected that into an open hearing.

I don't know WTF happened to you ~3 guys defending the GOP here. Do you really not understand what happened at the hearing? Stop saying "Ha ha thread backfire on Phokus" and try to understand the issue. I've explained multiple times.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2265716

Nov 30, 2006
Why would the administration have had to release this information right when it happened, while still investigating? What would it have accomplished?
The administration released erroneous information right after it happened. It was an organized attack and there was absolutely no basis in fact to blame it on an anti-Islam video. Yet, our President and his administration bald-face lied to us for 2 weeks until they couldn't keep the truth from coming out any more. How do you feel about that?

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I don't know WTF happened to you ~3 guys defending the GOP here. Do you really not understand what happened at the hearing? Stop saying "Ha ha thread backfire on Phokus" and try to understand the issue. I've explained multiple times.

That's exactly the issue. The State Dept said it's not classified and showed a commercial satellite photo. That's how you avoid outing the CIA... Without him crying about "classified issues" no one would have suspected anything.

Really, so as long as you don't say anything those poto's can't be used against us?

Shhhhhh, they will never know.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007

dead-horse.gif

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
If there is nothing to hide in those photo's than nothing got exposed and your whole thread is a lie.

Boy that's weird that Darrel Issa clumsily scrambled to unfuck the situation and said this!

Now that Chaffetz had alerted potential bad guys that something valuable was in the photo, the chairman, Darrell Issa (R-Calif.), attempted to lock the barn door through which the horse had just bolted. “I would direct that that chart be taken down,” he said, although it already had been on C-SPAN. “In this hearing room, we’re not going to point out details of what may still in fact be a facility of the United States government or more facilities.”

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Really, so as long as you don't say anything those poto's can't be used against us?

Shhhhhh, they will never know.

The photo isn't the issue. It's that the representative admitted on live TV that it's a CIA outpost because he was determined to embarass the State Dept.

The State Dept guy even said "This isn't classified, it's OK", but the rep just wouldn't shut his mouth.

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The photo isn't the issue. It's that the representative admitted on live TV that it's a CIA outpost because he was determined to embarass the State Dept.

There is obviously something in that photo.

May still be a facility? The plot thickened — and Chaffetz gave more hints. “I believe that the markings on that map were terribly inappropriate,” he said, adding that “the activities there could cost lives.”

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
The State Dept guy even said "This isn't classified, it's OK", but the rep just wouldn't shut his mouth.

One of the State Department security officials was forced to acknowledge that “not necessarily all of the security people” at the Benghazi compounds “fell under my direct operational control.”

There was shit going on there he didn't know about.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
There was shit going on there he didn't know about.

He knew that the picture he was showing wasn't classified. It's just a satellite photo. The congressman is the one who brought out into the open that there was cloak and dagger stuff going on that he was "told not to talk about".

The image is from Digital Globe. I've worked with that imagery a lot and it's not very high res-- only 0.5 meter pixels. You can make out buildings and cars, but that's it. There's no way you could get any secrets out of a Digital Globe image of the consulate.

http://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/sltrib/pages/printerfriendly.csp?id=55059990

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
If there is nothing to hide in those photo's than nothing got exposed and your whole thread is a lie.

Are you really this dumb? Until Chaffetz (R-Dumbfukotah) opened his big mouth, it was just another random building. It was only when he blurted out the building was secret that outsiders knew it was something more.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
He knew that the picture he was showing wasn't classified. It's just a satellite photo. The congressman is the one who brought out into the open that there was cloak and dagger stuff going on that he was "told not to talk about".

The image is from Digital Globe. I've worked with that imagery a lot and it's not very high res-- only 0.5 meter pixels. You can make out buildings and cars, but that's it. There's no way you could get any secrets out of a Digital Globe image of the consulate.

http://www.sltrib.com/csp/cms/sites/sltrib/pages/printerfriendly.csp?id=55059990

There are markings on that photo that he commented on. I have not seen the markings so I cannot attest to their being classified or not.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Are you really this dumb? Until Chaffetz (R-Dumbfukotah) opened his big mouth, it was just another random building. It was only when he blurted out the building was secret that outsiders knew it was something more.

I dunno how much you participate on ATPN, but yes, Matt is this dumb (and more)

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Don't these idiots have annual security briefs. They've got to have at least confidential clearance. They should know better.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
There are markings on that photo that he commented on. I have not seen the markings so I cannot attest to their being classified or not.

What do you think it said "CIA SECRET OFFICE HERE --->"? I bet it had the building labeled as "annex" or something like that and the rep was like "OH NO I WENT TO THAT ANNEX AND IT WAS SECRET".

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
Seriously? Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) tries to stop the discussion in the open forum once he spots that the State Department dweeb is going into classified territory and you blame the Rs for a leak? :rolleyes:

What do you expect from demons its there nature to deceive. Not that repulsives are better. But ya the demon here tried to spin this off on the repulsives thats a fact

Ldir

Platinum Member
Jul 23, 2003
What do you expect from demons its there nature to deceive. Not that repulsives are better. But ya the demon here tried to spin this off on the repulsives thats a fact

You are very confused and your comment is nearly incoherent. Is English not your first language?

Nemesis 1

Lifer
Dec 30, 2006
You are very confused and your comment is nearly incoherent. Is English not your first language?

I will help you. what part of what i wrote are you struggling with? Ok OK I see lol . it was the fact the demons were spinning .