Bumbling House GOP, in effort to attack Obama on Benghazi, expose CIA cover on TV

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
lol The op is nothing more then a hack and a liar. this thread should be locked.

government officals are idiots. they are out to make a name for themselves and sometimes do somthing idiotic thinking it will get positive news. this was a oops all around. both parties fucked up and continue to fuck up.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
You have one thing on me. We are just adding this thread to the list of crap you do here all the time.

No, most of your posts are pretty retarded actually. And it's not just 'one thing', it's probably the most retarded thing on ATPN or any other forum.

PJABBER

Diamond Member
Feb 8, 2001
Yes, because it was their eagerness to TELEVISE the damn thing. What do you think would happen? The state department official was only accounting for their own personel, not the CIA's.

Aren't you a WikiLeaks fanboi?

I guess you are against open government when it is the Obama Administration that is in the hot seat for royally screwing up national security matters for blatant political advantage.

Why is the Administration lying over and over again about what actually happened in Benghazi?

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
I hope the mods don't lock this thread. The stupidity of some of the posters here is astounding. I don't understand how they can defend a representative talking about things he was specifically told NOT to talk about on LIVE TV is astounding. If he is not supposed to talk about a specific building but I show a compound from a commercial satellite that INCLUDES the building does that give him the green light to open his gaping mouth and release whatever vomits out of it?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

I guess you are against open government when it is the Obama Administration that is in the hot seat for royally screwing up national security matters for blatant political advantage.

Why is the Administration lying over and over again about what actually happened in Benghazi?

Edit: Actually, what did the administration 'lie' about exactly? There is still an investigation going on.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007

Can you please explain to me why Republicans are so intent on giving terrorists credit for the attack? You know that's how they function right, by carrying out attacks to get attention and make a public statement?

Nov 30, 2006
Obama and his administration told us for weeks that the assault in Libya was due to an anti-Islamic video. He lied to minimize political fallout. Where is the outrage?

There was repeated requests to the State Department to increase security in Benghazi that were ignored. Where is the outrage?

It's plain to see that some liberals really don't care about such things unless they can somehow find a way blame it on a Republican. Phokus...you're such a pathetic hack...have you no shame?

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Why would wikileaks report on something like this. There's a difference between exposing the murder of civilians and reporting something like this. You equating the two makes you a tremendous idiot.

Wikileaks also outed informants and released diplomatic cables that harmed diplomacy

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Just an idea...

If Chaffetz was thinking "hey I was told not to discuss/show something", why not call point of order and request a recess to discuss offline. Court trials do it all the time and that is a public forum.

Instead he called a point of order and blabbed out loud why he wanted the point of order.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
"A State Department official assured him that the material was “entirely unclassified” and that the photo was from a commercial satellite."

State Department were just as bonehead; They knew that the information was classified and still talked about it in an open meeting.

The heads of the committee realized that State was talking out of turn.

State had the blabbermouths :thumbsdown:

Loose lips sink ships. Regardless of party affiliation, behavior like this needs to be punished.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Just an idea...

If Chaffetz was thinking "hey I was told not to discuss/show something", why not call point of order and request a recess to discuss offline. Court trials do it all the time and that is a public forum.

Instead he called a point of order and blabbed out loud why he wanted the point of order.

Or maybe issue a report AFTERWARDS so nothing gets leaked out but shouldn't? But that's not as good theatrics against Obama than a televised event, i guess.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Loose lips sink ships. Regardless of party affiliation, behavior like this needs to be punished.

The State Dept guy didn't leak anything. He showed an unclassified satellite photo and the Rep was like "There's classified stuff and I was told not to talk about it but here I am talking about it on live TV!!!" You dumbass, it's a satellite image of the whole compound, of course it's showing buildings where classified activities go on.

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
The FUCKUP was deciding to TELEVISE THE DAMN THING. WHY ARE YOU DISCUSSING SENSITIVE MATERIAL ON LIVE TV.

If they did it behind closed doors people like you would say they were covering it up. Dont we live in a free society where we should see the inner workings of our govt???? Wasnt CSPAN created for this reason?

That said another point of contention I have with this fail thread. If the Republicans did nothing to try and stop the idiots from the state department displaying this sensitive information. People like you would be whining the republicans did nothing to try and stop this from getting out in the wild.

The problem with hacks like you is you want it both ways. The state department fucked up and it is the republicans fault because they pointed it out and tried to stop it. But if they didnt stop it, then it is republicans fault for not trying to stop it.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
I hope the mods don't lock this thread. The stupidity of some of the posters here is astounding. I don't understand how they can defend a representative talking about things he was specifically told NOT to talk about on LIVE TV is astounding. If he is not supposed to talk about a specific building but I show a compound from a commercial satellite that INCLUDES the building does that give him the green light to open his gaping mouth and release whatever vomits out of it?

oh everyone involved in this is a idiot. they should have stopped the cameras, the bs and closed it. instead EVERYONE continued. Personally i think they all need a little education on keeping quite on stuff.

Most are saying the OP is a hack. he goes to great lengths to paint the GOP. in this case he telling a lie and stretching the truth to fit HIS agenda.

the t hread should be locked (it won't).

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
Can you please explain to me why Republicans are so intent on giving terrorists credit for the attack? You know that's how they function right, by carrying out attacks to get attention and make a public statement?

Are you one of those people who believe these attacks happened out of thin air because of a movie that was released in July? Please tell me you dont believe these attacks was in response to that movie. I want to have some faith in my fellow citizens.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
If they did it behind closed doors people like you would say they were covering it up. Dont we live in a free society where we should see the inner workings of our govt???? Wasnt CSPAN created for this reason?

That said another point of contention I have with this fail thread. If the Republicans did nothing to try and stop the idiots from the state department displaying this sensitive information. People like you would be whining the republicans did nothing to try and stop this from getting out in the wild.

The problem with hacks like you is you want it both ways. The state department fucked up and it is the republicans fault because they pointed it out and tried to stop it. But if they didnt stop it, then it is republicans fault for not trying to stop it.

You aren't understanding. The State Dept guy didn't show anything classified. All he showed was a satellite image. The Republican was the one who started yapping about things being classified.

How many times do I have to explain this?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
You aren't understanding. The State Dept guy didn't show anything classified. All he showed was a satellite image. The Republican was the one who started yapping about things being classified.

How many times do I have to explain this?

It's genx, he's a fucking moron. So is waggy apparently.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000

pfft. i would like to think most people understand the government can't show us everything. They have to keep secrets.

Cspan is good for showing us the stuff that shouldn't be kept secret. if there is every a question about security then keep it off TV.

I really don't see how any POLITICIAN can't understand this. This is not a GOP thing (as much as the OP wants it to be) or a Dem thing. Politicans don't give a fuck and to many are only out to further themselves not the US>

DominionSeraph

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
Phokus, when you are in a room full of people and you can't spot the biggest idiot, it's you.

With you in the room, there's really not much for anyone to fear.
You're pretty low on the bell curve. You could attend a Tea Party rally and not hit "average."

Sorry.

Throckmorton

Lifer
Aug 23, 2007
Are you one of those people who believe these attacks happened out of thin air because of a movie that was released in July? Please tell me you dont believe these attacks was in response to that movie. I want to have some faith in my fellow citizens.

Right now it seems that the terrorists took advantage of the protest to attack the embassy. At the time they had no reason to think it wasn't an offshoot of the protest.

Explain to me what exactly is wrong with embarassing them by painting them as dumbasses who stormed an embassy because of a Youtube video, as opposed to successful smart terrorists who premeditated an attack against "the Great Satan"? Why so intent on giving them the credit they want?

Last edited: