Bumblebee (Transformers Movie)

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
Reactions: PliotronX

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
The first trailer seemed different and possibly interesting. The new trailer looks like the same old same old as the rest. :/ Maybe less explosions.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
I didn’t “get” the transformers stuff in the 80’s when my kids were little, I’ve watched a couple of the movies with my grandkids...and I STILL don’t get it.

ImpulsE69

Lifer
Jan 8, 2010
I didn’t “get” the transformers stuff in the 80’s when my kids were little, I’ve watched a couple of the movies with my grandkids...and I STILL don’t get it.

Well I mean, it was a commercial marketed at kids to sell toys, same as He-Man etc. I don't imagine adults would have understood, but I'm guessing there was SOMETHING from when you were a kid you just had to have that your parents said the same thing about.

I never got the Teletubbies and Blues Clues but they were after my time.

As for the movies, they bastardized the brand, and nobody gets them so you aren't alone. We keep watching them hoping that some day someone gets it right.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Well I mean, it was a commercial marketed at kids to sell toys, same as He-Man etc. I don't imagine adults would have understood, but I'm guessing there was SOMETHING from when you were a kid you just had to have that your parents said the same thing about.

I never got the Teletubbies and Blues Clues but they were after my time.

As for the movies, they bastardized the brand, and nobody gets them so you aren't alone. We keep watching them hoping that some day someone gets it right.

I dunno...when I was a kid, Huckleberry Hound, Yogi Bear, Fred Flintstone, George Jetson, and Woody Woodpecker were some of the popular cartoons...along with Johnny Quest later.
I get the commercial aspect of the shows...watch the cartoon, kiddies...and buy our toys.

nakedfrog

No Lifer
Apr 3, 2001
Robots are awesome, cars are cool, what's not to get?
Can't say I ever thought we needed a live-action Transformers movie though, and it turns out I was right.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
So, basically the script writers have run out of ideas for new Transformers movies, so now they are trying to reboot the franchise with another "origin story" just like the comic book movie factories do.

Yeah... I'm getting too old for this crap. The kids like like it, though.

Of course, this is also why dumb movies like La La Land win Oscars. The Academy has become so jaded towards sequels and reboots that they will vote for ANYTHING original... even if it's lame.

Aikouka

Lifer
Nov 27, 2001
So, basically the script writers have run out of ideas for new Transformers movies, so now they are trying to reboot the franchise with another "origin story" just like the comic book movie factories do.

I don't know how they're treating the movie, but I could see it being a prequel. At least from some of the shots, the movie has scenes that take place on Cybertron, and even show units with their pre-Earth Generation 1 appearances. For example, the Decepticon trio of Starscream, Thundercracker and Skywarp are shown in their wedge-style design. So, this could be a movie that outlines how the Transformers ended up on Earth to begin with.

Feb 25, 2011
The "Giant Robot overcomes odds because it loves a human teenager" bullshit is lame. I know it's intended to sell toys to children, though.

What would a character-driven movie with just robots be like?

Having the "relatable protagonist that the audience members are supposed to replace themselves with" come out and say that they are very definitely, positively, absolutelyi 18 is a sly nod to Age of Extinction and the Pedexposition. But we knew Michael Bay was a creepy motherfucker. Also, I can legally say I think she's hot without being a bad guy, right? Right? *crickets*

thestrangebrew1

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2011
I'd really like to see the movie pre-earth. Maybe a battle for Cybotron and how all that played out. With that said, I actually got good feelz from this trailer.

Reactions: PliotronX

dainthomas

Lifer
Dec 7, 2004
Kubo was an absolutely amazing movie. One of the best that year. If Travis Knight can capture even some of that feeling again, I think this one will turn out pretty well.

Reactions: Homerboy and kage69

Mayne

Diamond Member
Apr 13, 2014
I watched the trailer. I love bumblebee. I teared up at some spots in the trailer.

I'm ready for this movie. I need more optimus prime speaking though

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
This is the first I've heard of this movie. I think it looks pretty damn good. I'll definitely check it out once it hits Redbox. I'm a sucker for origin stories for the most part too and I'm so tired of all the Marvel crap so at least this is a breath of fresh air in that sense that it's not more Marvel bullshit.

homebrew2ny

Jan 3, 2013
Love the transformer movies, all were fun and entertaining. I am sure to enjoy this one also!

PliotronX

Diamond Member
Oct 17, 1999
I haven't seen the last two but dark of the moon was aight and this looks good. Ill give it a chance

Homerboy

Lifer
Mar 1, 2000
I know that any fan or general moviegoer is likely a bit trepidatious at the idea of another Transformers movie -- especially after Michael Bay "left his mark" on them.

After seeing the first teaser trailer, I thought... okay... we'll see. :oops:

Yesterday, Paramount released a new trailer for the movie, and the nerds are going crazy! ... but the good kind of crazy. :eek: Can Travis Knight, the guy that brought us Kubo and the Two Strings, fix what Bay broke? It's a tall order....

Ugh I hated ALL the Transformers movies. But loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooved Kuno and the Two Strings. This ALMOST makes me want to see it.... damn it I didn't know this.