Bulletstorm is 9 years old

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I can't really do a poll for this one, but I just finished replaying Bulletstorm. It runs fine at 2560x1440 + 4xTrSS with my target cap of 85FPS.

The graphics still look gorgeous nine years later:
Bulletstorm.jpg

Bulletstorm.jpg
  • Great graphics that still look nice today.
  • Fast & furious combat taking advantage of environmental elements.
  • Bullet time with the leash, kicking and sniper rifle.
  • Highly original skillshot system with over 130 game-registered ways to kill enemies.
  • Hilarious dialog and insults ("fungal rimjob", "sushi dick").
  • Good level design.
Here are the skillshots:

If you like this game I'd highly recommend Timeshift and Singularity as they have a similar style/theme.

Last edited:

Zenoth

Diamond Member
Jan 29, 2005
I played this game about 3 years ago or so. I think I played for maybe 2 hours. I should go back to it, I actually had the intention to play it around summer last year but didn't get the time. I'll keep it in mind for this year. What I do recall from the game was that Novak girl, she's voiced by Jennifer Hale. The gameplay video above actually looks like the latest Brutal Doom demonstration (Project Brutality) in terms of gameplay mechanics (not everything obviously but some of it is there). Yeah I'll keep it in mind for sure. I replayed the entirety of Painkiller (the first one, plus the expansion pack) recently so I'm in the right mood; and Painkiller was actually made by the same devs.

Last edited:

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
there is a bullet storm 2 also, loved the games one of the few games ive played the whole thing.

EXCellR8

Diamond Member
Sep 1, 2010
pretty sure there is no bulletstorm 2... PCF talked about it but AFAIK it never actually happened.

• Haha
Reactions: killster1

killster1

Banned
Mar 15, 2007
pretty sure there is no bulletstorm 2... PCF talked about it but AFAIK it never actually happened.
ok im crazy i swear there was a bulletstorm 2 ;( i guess its just the full clip version that had me mistaken? idk shit

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
ugh ..

TBH i liked the sniper with guided bullets (physics GTFO) but i got suuuper tired super fast of the kick-shoot-leash combo. i think i made it to scene 2. i played half of the game (looking at a speedrun just now) before i uninstalled.

BFG10K

Lifer
Aug 14, 2000
I bought Fullclip and started replaying the game. At this price I'd recommend it even for original owners. The updated graphics definitely improve the environments, atmosphere, and immersion.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
- Its been on my wishlist a while, but never dropped low enough to justify a purchase ($39.99 regular price is just silly for this game and keeps even the $75% off discounts from getting into reasonable territory) but for $4.00 for the "full clip edition" or whatever, that's a hell yes.

It's a fun game. Get it! I must had played BS: Full Clip 3x already.
You can also play thru as Duke Nukem. Awesome.