Bullcrap video card to replace bullcrap integrated grahics?

kuqdew

Banned
Apr 30, 2005
ok, i got this matrox g450 AGP 16mb for a bargin ($2). i want to install it on my old celeron tualatin system (1.2ghz). the old system already has integrated graphics.

I know that you guys would say right off the bat that the video card is better than integrated but heres the tricky part. the matrox g450 is DX6 and the via is DX8. Should i install it?

Fullmetal Chocobo

Moderator<br>Distributed Computing
May 13, 2003
Certainly won't hurt anything... Unless you don't have the drives, and can't find them to download...

kuqdew

Banned
Apr 30, 2005
ok, ok i have decided to put it in however i was wondering what kinds of games it will be able to play. i am not too good with old hardware. Counter strike? unreal tournament? even call of duty?? (16mb mem)

Pretty Cool

Jan 20, 2000
Review from the Stone Ages here at Anandtech

For 3D performance, that includes gaming performance as well as high end 3D rendering, CAD, etc... the GeForce2 MX is a clearly superior solution to the Matrox G450. The G450, which will begin shipping this month, provides performance below that of cards that began shipping over a year ago. The GeForce2 MX, on the other hand, with its powerful T&L unit that can truly come in hand in professional OpenGL applications does nothing but offer the best performance possible at that price.