Bull-Market Cheers for Bush

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999
Originally posted by: Harvey
Talk to us about it when this so called bull (sh8) market earns enough to cover the trillions of dollars and thousands of lives Bush has squanderd in Iraq. You remember... that useless war of lies your bullsh8 chickenhawk Idiot In Chief started and you still support.

Talk to us about it when the residents of New Orleans and other locations wiped out by Katrina see their infrastructure functioning.

Talk to us about it when the Bushwhackos' buddies, Hailliburton, etc. aren't scamming money hand over fist from American tax payers for their no bid contracts in Iraq.

Until those issues and more of their incompetence are resolved, all the empty rhetoric is on you.

What the hell does this have to do with the topic of this discussion? Nothing, other than your deranged obsession with Bush and the OP. :cookie:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Corn
Talk to us about it when this so called bull (sh8) market earns enough to cover the trillions of dollars and thousands of lives Bush has squanderd in Iraq. You remember... that useless war of lies your bullsh8 chickenhawk Idiot In Chief started and you still support.

Talk to us about it when the residents of New Orleans and other locations wiped out by Katrina see their infrastructure functioning.

Talk to us about it when the Bushwhackos' buddies, Hailliburton, etc. aren't scamming money hand over fist from American tax payers for their no bid contracts in Iraq.

Until those issues and more of their incompetence are resolved, all the empty rhetoric is on you.

What the hell does this have to do with the topic of this discussion? Nothing, other than your deranged obsession with Bush and the OP. :cookie:

Awwwwww can't save your hero anymore eh?

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
Originally posted by: LegendKiller
This economy is living on borrowed time. Anybody who doesn't believe that is just sticking their head in the sand.

Don't forget it will all be the Democrats fault too.

Well, if everything that has happened over the past 6 years is the Republicans fault, just because they have been in office, then its only fair to blame everything on the Democrats as long as they are controlling things. You guys manage to blame Bush for 9-11 and the economy going south after the tech bubble burst, even though both of those were set up during the Clinton years. Its going to be interesting to watch and see how hypocritical you guys really are over the next couple of years.

Lets take a look at the facts.

1. The tech cycle was nothing more than overheated investor gluttony based upon hyped up expectations of a forever boom. Clinton could have done nothing to control it.

2. The current cycle is based upon one key factor, lending. It will also end on that key factor. Congress didn't investigate lending abuse, nor will it for a while now. But as soon as the deck of cards start crumbling, then it will.

3. Huge difference between Clinton and Bush is that Clinton actually stopped the growth of sovereign debt during his presidency. Under Bush we have increased it by 50%+. Factor this into future growth and the picture starts becoming less rosey.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Originally posted by: JD50
Originally posted by: dmcowen674
This economy is living on borrowed time. Anybody who doesn't believe that is just sticking their head in the sand.

Don't forget it will all be the Democrats fault too.

Well, if everything that has happened over the past 6 years is the Republicans fault, just because they have been in office, then its only fair to blame everything on the Democrats as long as they are controlling things. You guys manage to blame Bush for 9-11 and the economy going south after the tech bubble burst, even though both of those were set up during the Clinton years. Its going to be interesting to watch and see how hypocritical you guys really are over the next couple of years.

Lets take a look at the facts.

1. The tech cycle was nothing more than overheated investor gluttony based upon hyped up expectations of a forever boom. Clinton could have done nothing to control it.

2. The current cycle is based upon one key factor, lending. It will also end on that key factor. Congress didn't investigate lending abuse, nor will it for a while now. But as soon as the deck of cards start crumbling, then it will.

3. Huge difference between Clinton and Bush is that Clinton actually stopped the growth of sovereign debt during his presidency. Under Bush we have increased it by 50%+. Factor this into future growth and the picture starts becoming less rosey.

When is the last time debt has "crippled" our economy? Especially given all othe economic indicators that show were doing great? Just curious

Harvey

Administrator<br>Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999

Oh... I'm sorry you didn't get it. I'll try again for the reading challenged.

The topic of this discussion was PrevaricatorJohn's reference to a "bull market" in stocks. The point of my reply was that all that illusory paper gain doesn't begin to address the real costs of the Bushwhackos' war of lies, the enormous deficits caused by their tax breaks for the wealthy, their incompetence and failures in dealing with domestic emergencies and just about everything else they've done.

That's what the hell this has to do with this topic of discussion. My only problem with PrevaricatorJohn is, he's a blatant shill for anything the Bushwhackos say, and it's all lies.

And in case you haven't noticed, my "obsession" with Bush is shared by over 2/3 of Americans. If you don't agree, maybe you're the one who needs a reality check.

Now take your cookie back, and run along, child. :cookie:

Corn

Diamond Member
Nov 12, 1999

Oh... I'm sorry you didn't get it. I'll try again for the reading challenged.

The topic of this discussion was PrevaricatorJohn's reference to a "bull market" in stocks. The point of my reply was that all that illusory paper gain doesn't begin to address the real costs of the Bushwhackos' war of lies, the enormous deficits caused by their tax breaks for the wealthy, their incompetence and failures in dealing with domestic emergencies and just about everything else they've done.

That's what the hell this has to do with this topic of discussion. My only problem with PrevaricatorJohn is, he's a blatant shill for anything the Bushwhackos say, and it's all lies.

And in case you haven't noticed, my "obsession" with Bush is shared by over 2/3 of Americans. If you don't agree, maybe you're the one who needs a reality check.

Now take your cookie back, and run along, child. :cookie:

There are literally thousands of discussions regarding the Iraq war and hundreds of discussions regarding Bush's tax cuts. That you are a 2 point broken record does not change the fact this topic is about neither. My reading comprehension is not in question, I understood perfectly what you were saying, but you still haven't legitimately explained what your parroted rhetoric has to do with Bush' influence on the stock market.

In addition, I remain skeptical that 2/3 of the population is so filled with hatred toward Bush that they would stalk the other 1/3 of the pupulation in online messageboards and screaming/accusing them of being bloodthirsty goons guilty of war crimes because they don't see eye to eye with your projectile spittle laced ranting and ravings. Talk about childish!

palehorse

Lifer
Dec 21, 2005
Originally posted by: conjur
I love it that when the economy is supposedly going great, you all fall over yourselves trying to assign credit to the President but find every excuse in the book to distance him from blame during a downturn. Hypocrites.
But doesnt the left do the same thing, just in the opposite direction?

ie, when the economy is doing well, you give zero credit to the Admin, but when it slips or does badly, you place all blame on the Admin.

And when there is a liberal Democrat in office, you are guilty of doing the same as those on the right are doing now with Bush.

I thought so... so who are the hypocrites?

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
Originally posted by: palehorse74
Originally posted by: conjur
I love it that when the economy is supposedly going great, you all fall over yourselves trying to assign credit to the President but find every excuse in the book to distance him from blame during a downturn. Hypocrites.
But doesnt the left do the same thing, just in the opposite direction?

ie, when the economy is doing well, you give zero credit to the Admin, but when it slips or does badly, you place all blame on the Admin.

And when there is a liberal Democrat in office, you are guilty of doing the same as those on the right are doing now with Bush.

I thought so... so who are the hypocrites?
Prove it.

Show me ONE quote of mine where I give full credit to Clinton for the booming economy of the 1990s.

Go ahead.

Just ONE.

GeezerMan

Platinum Member
Jan 28, 2005
Two things come to mind:

"42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot"... Steven Wright

Fog of War, usually used to describe war, but I think you could use it to describe this too: " What "the fog of war" means is: war is so complex it's beyond the ability of the human mind to comprehend all the variables. Our judgment, our understanding, are not adequate. And we kill people unnecessarily."

As for me, I'm voting for Ron Paul for President.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
ProfJ must be a Robot... How can he be the ONLY person in here to think Bush is the best person that ever walked on the planet? How can one continue to find every bit of information that spins the story to put bush in a good light?

After thousands of people tell him he is wrong or a foolish for thinking the way he does he is relentless and stays on track never missing a beat to swing it the other way... Never gives up or never rests. And takes it whole heartedly with out getting upset and thinking its useless to continue the madness.... Will God look back on all of profJ's post and grant into heaven any sooner? I doubt it....

Gotta wonder if ProfJ could ever think bush was wrong or maybe even question what he posts on these boards?

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: ericlp
ProfJ must be a Robot... How can he be the ONLY person in here to think Bush is the best person that ever walked on the planet? How can one continue to find every bit of information that spins the story to put bush in a good light?

After thousands of people tell him he is wrong or a foolish for thinking the way he does he is relentless and stays on track never missing a beat to swing it the other way... Never gives up or never rests. And takes it whole heartedly with out getting upset and thinking its useless to continue the madness.... Will God look back on all of profJ's post and grant into heaven any sooner? I doubt it....

Gotta wonder if ProfJ could ever think bush was wrong or maybe even question what he posts on these boards?

Very good possibility of being a pre-programmed response experiement by the GOP.