Question Building two computers, RAM question

jreswick

Nov 5, 2021
I am building two computers for a recording studio with MB ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS. Purchasing RAM M393A2K40CB2-CVF . Will RAM rated at 2933MHZ work when 2666MHZ is specified for the MB?

JsizzleBoii

Nov 22, 2021
I am building two computers for a recording studio with MB ASUS Z10PE-D16 WS. Purchasing RAM M393A2K40CB2-CVF . Will RAM rated at 2933MHZ work when 2666MHZ is specified for the MB?
Yes the only thing that will happen is the ram will automatically downclock itself so that it will run at the specified board limitation unless you have OC abilities then you can go that route.

For instance, in one of my performance rigs, I have 2 Different Ram kits, they are 2 different 16 GB kits with a total of 4 sticks. 1 Kit is from "XPG" 3600 MT/s CL16 and the other is a new brand "XLR8" 4000 MT/s CL18 I took a risk on it and glad I did because they work great!
*The best part is I have them ran in XMP 4000 MT/s CL 18-20-20-20-38

SO YES!! Go for it and have a blast because Ram is a lot more versatile and functional with the new and improved memory controllers our MBs have these days but even on a older platform DDR3 is hella stable just as DDR4 is especially when overclocked the snot outta them it's surprising how much beating they can take and still perform like they do!

I know this post is old but still thought some input wouldn't hurt 😅👌

jreswick

Nov 5, 2021
Yes the only thing that will happen is the ram will automatically downclock itself so that it will run at the specified board limitation unless you have OC abilities then you can go that route.

For instance, in one of my performance rigs, I have 2 Different Ram kits, they are 2 different 16 GB kits with a total of 4 sticks. 1 Kit is from "XPG" 3600 MT/s CL16 and the other is a new brand "XLR8" 4000 MT/s CL18 I took a risk on it and glad I did because they work great!
*The best part is I have them ran in XMP 4000 MT/s CL 18-20-20-20-38

SO YES!! Go for it and have a blast because Ram is a lot more versatile and functional with the new and improved memory controllers our MBs have these days but even on a older platform DDR3 is hella stable just as DDR4 is especially when overclocked the snot outta them it's surprising how much beating they can take and still perform like they do!

I know this post is old but still thought some input wouldn't hurt 😅👌

Thanks!