Building computer, Trying to decide between p4 3.0, athlon 64 3200, and athlon xp 3200

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: jbh129
P4

The choice of champions...

Yea ok, :roll:

Why do people post stuff like this? Any fool with even the brain of a squirrel would know without any question the A64 is a clear, decisive, and overwhelming choice out of the processors he asks for advice on.

jbh129

Oct 8, 2004
Originally posted by: classy
P4

Yea ok, :roll:

Why do people post stuff like this? Any fool with even the brain of a squirrel would know without any question the A64 is a clear, decisive, and overwhelming choice out of the processors he asks for advice on.

what day is it my friend???????

GuitarDaddy

Lifer
Nov 9, 2004
P4

I think I heard the Pentium jiggle? Give up on this one guys, he's already too far gone!
Most likely has a collection of Blue Man Band CD's. "Dude its a DELL!!!"

classy

Lifer
Oct 12, 1999
Originally posted by: GuitarDaddy
P4

I think I heard the Pentium jiggle? Give up on this one guys, he's already too far gone!
Most likely has a collection of Blue Man Band CD's. "Dude its a DELL!!!"

Yea its slow as hell but its a Dell, LOL. :)

AlabamaCajun

Mar 11, 2005
I have both P4 and A64
A64 - 939 with Asus, MSI or DFI Mobo, with SATA 150 and Dual channel, Look for 1G memory with 2-2-2 latency such as HyperX, OCZ gold, Corsair XL or PDP low latency, they run around 220 to 250 for a pair of dual sticks but it's worth it. For a case, look for a case with large fan openings in the rear such as the Chenbro sprider case or the honeycomb wire mesh found on cooler master, xoxide and LianLi cases, this helps with airflow and reducing noise.

n yusef

Platinum Member
Feb 20, 2005
Despite what AlabamaCajun saud, you don't need super fast RAM with the Athlon 64. If you run a divider you can get performance that is almost as good as 1:1. Cheaper RAM is a better idea when you don't have so much money to be wasting. If you get the DFI board, you can get TwinMOS' SpeedPremium RAM which if given enough voltage can be as good as stuff 2.5* its price.