Building around my new QX-9750.

Intelguy01

May 23, 2009
So.... I got a screaming deal on a QX9750 yesterday. (Free!) Intel is a cool employer! Anyhow, I'm researching the rest of the parts for my build and so far...this is what I know:

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
A little bit of gaming and some photo editing. (Mostly simple surfing when not playing first-person-shooters and flight sims).

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
I'm looking to stay around $600...give or take a little.

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
See my Avatar. : )

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
Intel, Baby!

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
Nope...brand new everything.

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
Sure, but this one's MINE.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
I'm guessing that since I am on a P3 @1gHZ....I'll have no need to OC.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
Buying parts next week.

My case is going to be the Antec Nine Hundred.
My MOBO is up in the air right now. I can't decide between an Intel DX48BT2 and this Asus
The Video card I have fell in love with is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 PCI-Express 16X 1GB GDDR3.

I'm not sure of a decent memory set-up since I'm not sure of DDR2 vs DDR3. Like I said up top...I'm running a nine year old P3. I won't need to OC for what I want this machine to do.

I'm open for suggestions as far as a good power supply. I'm guessing in the 700w range would be ok?

Feel free to pick this build apart and make suggestions. One thing that CAN'T change is the QX-9750. I already have that in hand.

Thanks, peeps!