Build your own personnal website, or use MySpace?

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
I just learned basic HTML (ie: frames + tables).

I'm thinking of registering a domain from GoDaddy.com and create my own webpage.

Purpose:
- To practice HTML
- To create a blog
- To tell me friends/family "Hey, I created my own webpage"

Or is MySpace easier/better?

blue1friday2

Mar 22, 2006
I just learned HTML too! I think you should get your own site. I have MySpace but it's boring and you have way less ability to be creative and a website will let you practice your skills in a way that MySpace cannot.

Malak

Lifer
Dec 4, 2004
Just use Wordpress. There's really no point in wasting your time making a website anymore, so much software out there that is free and automates it for you. Hook up with Cernax for $25/yr webhosting, and their cpanel can install wordpress for you. Get a theme you like and voila, you are blog-ready. Basic HTML is always useful to know, but won't help you get a full fledged site going.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: JEDI

I'm thinking of registering a domain from GoDaddy.com and create my own webpage.

That's what I would do and I'd like to show you something really cool.

Can you PM me with your email address?

NanoStuff

Banned
Mar 23, 2006
If you intend to format the site with frames and tables then you have not learned HTML yet :). And stay the hell away from myspace.

Elderly Newt

May 23, 2005
once you get comfortable with html, learn css and say goodbye to tables, for the most part. You can do so much more with css, and it makes everything so much easier. You'll wonder how you did without it.