Build a wall or massive amount of checkpoints in Chicago if a wall is built on the southern border?

PlanetJosh

Golden Member
May 6, 2013
The idea behind the wall in Chicago is to protect the nicer areas of Chicago from criminal murderers in the poor and minority areas. Or setting up checkpoints to monitor all traffic going in and out of the poor minority areas to try to prevent murderers from getting out. It's only for a minority of all murders. Most murders in the US are by people who know the victims in nice areas and poor areas.

So the wall/checkpoints is for stranger on stranger murders for the most part. I may be the only or a handful of people who think a Chicago wall or massive checkpoints should be built so it will be bashed by both sides and anyone in the middle.

The conservatives are railing against the illegal migrants murdering US citizens. And that's a big reason to them to build the border wall. Whether or not the illegal migrant murderer knows the victim. But they don't mention that most of stranger on stranger murders and all murders are citizen on citizen in the big cities like Chicago and elsewhere in the US.

So Democratic leaders could as a matter of principle propose the wall or checkpoints in big cities like Chicago I mentioned. Same reasoning in principle. And it could rattle the conservatives to the point of abandoning the southern border wall. Or face a national turmoil that could wreck the country if enough people agree with a Chicago wall/checkpoints.

I know because it sounds shocking or ridiculous to almost everyone this thread will be ignored, ridiculed or removed. But please look at the principle and maybe a new form of protest against the southern border wall can emerge. Edit: Oh and of course don't want to forget that checkpoints in general have a precedent in dealing with drunk drivers, emergency situations, street protests, and rioters.

Last edited:

KMFJD

Lifer
Aug 11, 2005
you're better off raising taxes to pay for social services to help those in need than to put up a wall and cower behind it

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
The idea behind the wall in Chicago is to protect the nicer areas of Chicago from criminal murderers in the poor and minority areas. Or setting up checkpoints to monitor all traffic going in and out of the poor minority areas to try to prevent murderers from getting out. It's only for a minority of all murders. Most murders in the US are by people who know the victims in nice areas and poor areas.

So the wall/checkpoints is for stranger on stranger murders for the most part. I may be the only or a handful of people who think a Chicago wall or massive checkpoints should be built so it will be bashed by both sides and anyone in the middle.

The conservatives are railing against the illegal migrants murdering US citizens. And that's a big reason to them to build the border wall. Whether or not the illegal migrant murderer knows the victim. But they don't mention that most of stranger on stranger murders and all murders are citizen on citizen in the big cities like Chicago and elsewhere in the US.

So Democratic leaders could as a matter of principle propose the wall or checkpoints in big cities like Chicago I mentioned. Same reasoning in principle. And it could rattle the conservatives to the point of abandoning the southern border wall. Or face a national turmoil that could wreck the country if enough people agree with a Chicago wall/checkpoints.

I know because it sounds shocking or ridiculous to almost everyone this thread will be ignored, ridiculed or removed. But please look at the principle and maybe a new form of protest against the southern border wall can emerge. Edit: Oh and of course don't want to forget that checkpoints in general have a precedent in dealing with drunk drivers, emergency situations, street protests, and rioters.

Boring and repetitive. Deserves to be ridiculed.
Covered thousands of times already.

The way it works is that someone drop "buh Chicago!!"
Someone provides actual fucking data and analysis
Thread derails into a thread hijack because "buh Chicago" people try to gloss over actual data and historical trends.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
The checkpoint questions are going to be great!

"Have you killed anyone that you previously weren't an associate of?"

"Honey. Would you say that that annoying cousin of yours that came to stay last Christmas and wouldn't take the hint to leave was an associate of mine?"

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Magatarian will support both, and more than just chicago. The evil city folk live in an anarchist wet dream

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Let's just go full Trump and have all people of color deported back to the country they came from.

Problem solved?

Jaskalas

Lifer
Jun 23, 2004
So Democratic leaders could as a matter of principle propose the wall or checkpoints in big cities like Chicago I mentioned.

Do you even realize where 90% the murders occur in big cities?
You want to wall off the south side of Chicago, physically segregate rich and poor neighborhoods and you think Democrats would be okay with that?
It is astonishing that you believed it was a logical train of thought. Segregation is a Republican idea for a reason. Get back to us when you figure out why that is.