Buffalo hits record high total snowfall for 1 day in month of October.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Corbett
http://www.cnn.com/2006/WEATHER/10/13/ny.snow.ap/index.html

Interesting to see that amongst all of the "global warming" crap that was being spewed ove the summer, we now have record snow fall in Buffalo. Here I thought snow was gone for good! [/sarcasm]

What part of the phrase "global climate change" don't you understand?

BTW, feel free to add me to your list of "ATPN Bush haters." It would be an honor.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
lol

This is expected...remember the hurricanes last year and the one week of humid summer?
Environuts were screaming bloody murder.

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
A week ago it was 95 degrees in IL. A record high.

*shrug*

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: Stunt
lol

This is expected...remember the hurricanes last year and the one week of humid summer?

I guess I'm surprised to see you, Stunt, using words like "environuts," when there's such consensus among the scientific community that global climate change is a real phenomenon that will have major consequences.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005
Originally posted by: DonVito
lol

I guess I'm surprised to see you, Stunt, using words like "environuts," when there's such consensus among the scientific community that global climate change is a real phenomenon that will have major consequences.

And I'm sure those scientists that are rolling with federal funding have absolutley no incentive to agree that global climate change (funny how it changed from global cooling, to global warming, and now global climate change) is going to have major consequences.

Stunt

Diamond Member
Jul 17, 2002
lol

While I am an environmentalist in the clean air, less waste, less pollution sense; I have my doubts about CO2 being a "pollutant".

I've read studies where people can attribute higher earth temperatures to most weather stations being close to cities where there's more radiation from activities, and concrete which absorbs heat. Cities on average are several degrees hotter than rural areas in the same region. Most people are in urban areas so that's where most advanced weather stations are.

Also climatologists are in the business of research; if they can get people to think this is the end of the world, think of the research money they get for that. It's like assuming the guys on TV with the investment kits know what they are doing with regards to investing. Sure they might have a case for their skills, but in the end they get their money from selling their investing package. Not saying there is a conspiracy...but with how volitile weather is and how little we know about its fluctuations; it would be advantagous for these people to favor certain data...until found wrong. (like the "hockey stick curve")

The world is a cyclical environment; we have gone through several ice ages...what happened in between those? Global Warming. How fast or to what extent were these warm periods? Nobody knows.

In the end why waste so much time and energy on something that we have little control over? The world needs fossil fuels and to drop our emissions by 10% on 1990 levels will be a drop in the bucket. I'd much rather see environmental efforts go towards smog and other cleanup. Global Warming in my eyes is still unfounded and a potentially huge waste of resources; for what could potentially be accomplished.

Feb 10, 2000
Originally posted by: BlancoNino

And I'm sure those scientists that are rolling with federal funding have absolutley no incentive to agree that global climate change (funny how it changed from global cooling, to global warming, and now global climate change) is going to have major consequences.

I'm not sure what you're implying. There is no reputable climatologist on earth that denies that global warming/climate change exists, and that it will have major effects on the planet. Even the White House's own scientists don't dispute this (though the White House has a history of censoring opinions by NASA scientists who attribute global warming to human activity).

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
20 years ago the weather events of today were being predicted/warned about. Expect more of the same, but expect more serious events as well, such as massive Crop failures.

Enjoy the delusion of "all is well" while you can maintain it.

Feb 16, 2005
1 day (or a couple) of snow in October discounts all the decades of research and testing PROVING that global warming is occuring, what blind little man you are, and please feel free to add me to your bush hater list, you are so cool...

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
That hockey stick graph is a classic example of the politics behind global warming.

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
lol

Why are you surprised?

He has made it very clear that anything everything for the almighty Corporation and dollar.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
Originally posted by: Genx87
That hockey stick graph is a classic example of the politics behind global warming.

The lack of Scientific evidence on the other side is a classic example of the Politics behind the denials.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005

I'm not sure what you're implying. There is no reputable climatologist on earth that denies that global warming/climate change exists, and that it will have major effects on the planet. Even the White House's own scientists don't dispute this (though the White House has a history of censoring opinions by NASA scientists who attribute global warming to human activity).

Untrue.

sandorski

No Lifer
Oct 10, 1999

Untrue.

Point out 1 error in his post.

Feb 10, 2000

Untrue.

What is untrue? Evidence?

amish

Diamond Member
Aug 20, 2004
Originally posted by: sandorski
Originally posted by: Genx87

The lack of Scientific evidence on the other side is a classic example of the Politics behind the denials.

best post in this tread yet.

BlancoNino

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2005

Untrue.

What is untrue? Evidence?

No reputable climatologist denies global warming and major effects on planet? Untrue. There are plenty.

Craig234

Lifer
May 1, 2006
Liberal claims that Russian Roulette is dangerous proven wrong by republicans:

They cite an example where a person played and suffered *no harm* at all.

So much for the predictions of possible fatal brain injury from the crazy lefties!

Global Climate Change predicts many things - including both areas where temperatures will rise and some where they will fall. It predicts that hurricanes in some areas will tend to be stronger than they were - not that in any one season, there will be more Katrinas.

These republicans who take the view that global climate change is phony out of utter ignorance, just because they want to disagree with the liberals who follow the science, are a menace to enlightened man's escape from the dark ages of irrational views, and to the health of the human race.

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
I have heard that EXXON and MOBIL and SHELL and many others pay big bucks to put out ads and use climatologists to say that it does not exist..