Budget wireless headsets for working from home

Goi

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Hi guys,

I'm looking to get a pair of budget headsets for working from home. I got a cheap pair of Sonicgear Airphone 5s and while they are perfectly adequate as headphones, the mic absolutely sucks, and people can barely hear me speak during meetings as I fade in and out. My colleague with a pair of Sony MX3s sound loud and clear to me.

Did a bit of research on rtings.com and was deciding between the Plantronics Backbeat Go 810 Wireless and the Anker Soundcore Life Q20 (leaning towards the latter due to price and better recording performance), but then I compared them to headsets with dedicated boom mics and the noise handling of those are significantly better. While I don't need that noise handling all the time, it'd be useful if I can be in separate meetings with my wife in the same room without my colleagues hearing what my wife is saying, or hearing any other background noise around me.

Are there any budget (similar price as the Plantronics/Anker) wireless headsets with a dedicated boom mic that has good recording noise handling?

Thanks!