Question budget $1,000 Gaming Pc

Raisi

Apr 9, 2024
Hello, I'm excited to finally be a part of the PC Master Race and I have finally constructed what I think will be my first PC build! For my budget, I'm hoping to keep it under $1,000, but I may or may not be willing to go to $1,050. I will primarily be using this Rig for gaming, and my Cybersecurity Engineering career. This will be done on a 1440p monitor as well. I want/play games like Spiderman, God of War Ragnarok, Helldivers 2, Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, Dragon Ball Sparking Zero, Batman Arkham Trilogy, Forza Horizon 5, NFS Hot Pursuit, NFS Heat, COD Warzone, Fortnite, and OverWatch, just to name a few. I would like to be able to play almost any game at at least medium graphics. The monitor I will also be using specifically is the LG Ultragear 27GP850-B, here's a link: LG UltraGear 27GP850-B Amazon (Note: I plan on purchasing the cpu from either AliExpress or as a used product)
Screenshot 2024-04-09 174829.png

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
Welcome to the forums.

That NVMe storage is DRAM-less, and people around here don't really like that. Unfortunately SSD prices suck right now, so you don't have wonderful options outside of spending more.
I'd try to get a 750W PSU; for example the be quiet! Pure Power 12 M is currently $90.

Tech Junky

Diamond Member
Jan 27, 2022
DRAM-less, and people around here don't really like that.
I have both options and it depends on use and brand. Both of mine are WD and the dram-less drive performs better when multithread copying data than the higher tier drive. Using the system ram makes up for the lack of dram.

Raisi

Apr 9, 2024
Welcome to the forums.

That NVMe storage is DRAM-less, and people around here don't really like that. Unfortunately SSD prices suck right now, so you don't have wonderful options outside of spending more.
I'd try to get a 750W PSU; for example the be quiet! Pure Power 12 M is currently $90.
What difference does having dram make to the system? If I stick to no dram will I be fine? And the estimated wattage of this build is 424 watts, I took this number and multiplied it by 1.5, and got closest to 650 watts. Is increasing this number by 100 watts necessary?

Last edited:

manly

Lifer
Jan 25, 2000
What difference does having dram make to the system? If I stick to no dram will I be fine? And the estimated wattage of this build is 424 watts, I took this number and multiplied it by 1.5, and got closest to 650 watts. Is increasing this number by 100 watts necessary?
I think the P3 Plus SSD is fine; others may disagree. DRAM-less means it's cheaper to produce, and a little slower. Consider Crucial T500 as an alternative for just a little bit more cost.
650W is okay, although we're talking about a $10 difference. The MAG A650GL isn't one of the best out there, and could be noisy:

Dec 10, 2005
Do you live near a Micro Center? They usually have some pretty good deals for CPU/Motherboard/RAM bundles.

I also second getting a 750W PSU, if only for a bit more buffer with a power hungry 6800.