BSOD "clock watchdog timeout"

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Leoplate25

Apr 7, 2019
4.3 is very low clock speed on par with 1st gen Ryzen the chip should be able to reach 5.0ghz unless it is really bad then your talking 4.8ghz to 4.9ghz.
Just dail in 50 on the core ration sync all cores and put in on manual 1.35 vcore and see if that boots, do some stress tests when it does boot. If that fails dail in 49 on the core ration rinse and repeat.
At 5ghz i get a BSOD inmediately. Right now, Prime 95 Small FFT 86 degrees C at 4.9ghz. I think the cooler isn't good enough or the cpu isn't a good one.

HisEvilness

Mar 23, 2019
www.hisevilness.com
BSOD means unstable OC, if your cooling was not good enough it would just thermal throttle. And 86C for small stock FFT's is just fine no game will ever stress your CPU that much, I reach 90C on small FFT's and custom on my OC but it does mid 80's in gaming and rendering. But if you are happy with 4.9ghz leave it as is, if you desire for more just dail in all the settings in my guide and you should be able to reach 5.0ghz.