BRUTAL assessment of the GOP by Young College Republicans

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Let me just paraphrase the OP's quotes from the retarded college student survey:

"Fiscal issues such as a small government with preserving rights is not important to us. Even though we call ourselves conservatives, and even though conservative core values are indeed those - OUR MAIN ISSUE IS SOCIAL BULLSHIT that no real person should be concerned with" :rolleyes:

That study is a little less retarded then the 60-36 margin Obama won the under 30 vote.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I TOTALLY agree with this assessment. I keep lobbing questions at you, you keep dodging.

Refusing to answer a question and then in turn lobbing questions at me does not make me the dodger. Can you answer the one question?

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Refusing to answer a question and then in turn lobbing questions at me does not make me the dodger. Can you answer the one question?

You live in some weird bizarro universe where YOU dodge the questions and then accuse others of doing it.

If there's one constant, whatever ATPN thread i post in, you come running around to me like a pet, you're obsessed with me :D I own you.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Also, matt, how do you feel about you being less intelligent/less aware than college republicans? Here's another dodgeball question for you.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Still not answering the one question I see. But go on, keep calling me the question dodger.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
Also, matt, how do you feel about you being less intelligent/less aware than college republicans? Here's another dodgeball question for you.

Roger Dodger, i mean matt, i ask this because i vaguely remember having discussions on conservatives and racism with you before and you doing your same old bullshit equivocating. It's funny seeing a mainstream Republican organization being more intelligent than you, especially when you keep playing the same old tired and stupid 'both parties are the same' card. You're not some conservative outside-the-mainstream maverick, you're simply an idiot.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Still not answering ANY questions, i'm calling you roger dodger from now on.

3rd grade pathetic "I know you are but what am I"

ATP&N sees you for the fraud that you are. Like I said, I will be happy to answer any question you can throw at me right after you answer mine.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999
3rd grade pathetic "I know you are but what am I"

ATP&N sees you for the fraud that you are. Like I said, I will be happy to answer any question you can throw at me right after you answer mine.

Roger Dodger, don't be mad just because there's truth in the new moniker i'm bestowing upon you. :D

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
How do you reconcile the two bolded portions of your post?

If by reconcile you mean fix............

1.) Have much stricter control on the border and do not allow illegal aliens to get ANY benefits including drivers licenses.

2.) Dont do it?

glenn1

Lifer
Sep 6, 2000
How about the party stop aiding and abetting racism.

Care to provide examples? Opposing immigration reform (or even wanting to reduce immigration) isn't racism, although one could hold their position for racist reasons. Likewise one could have legitimate reasons for opposition to affirmative action, welfare, or plenty of other things that can often earn the charge of "racism" from those who support them. Ditto for opposing Obama - the man shouldn't be immune to opposition or criticism because he's black.

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
Like I said, the only one you have to be honest with is yourself. Sad thing is you just keep displaying your dishonesty over and over on here for everyone to see thinking if you repeat the same lie over and over long enough it will become the truth. Itreally never does Phokus. Enjoy your "victory".

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
He's too stupid to realize that libertarians are just a brand of conservativism so when he says conservatives are just 'plain old stupid', that applies to libertarians.

"I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism" - Ronald Reagan

The funny thing is, the charge of racism in the college republicans report can DEFINITELY be applied to libertarians (see ron paul and the storm front wing of the libertarian movement)

I dont understand why you called me stupid when I never insulted you. Saying that a libertarian is a conservative because they both fall under the republican party is like saying a grape is a lemon because they are both fruit. If you had anything insightful to add I assume you would have done so, I am always open to critique. But since your immediate response was verbal attacks in retaliation I am left to only assume I was correct on every single one of my points and your feelings were hurt because of that.

EDIT - Also, I never said I was a libertarian. Even if I was, just because there is one member of the party that has incorrect beliefs, that doesnt mean the WHOLE party is corrupted. Ron paul didnt even win the nomination.................

Does that mean that since Clinton had the whole "Monica Lewinsky" thing, that now EVERY democratic president is branded a "secretary fucker"?

Last edited:

Matt1970

Lifer
Mar 19, 2007
I dont understand why you called me stupid when I never insulted you. Saying that a libertarian is a conservative because they both fall under the republican party is like saying a grape is a lemon because they are both fruit. If you had anything insightful to add I assume you would have done so, I am always open to critique. But since your immediate response was verbal attacks in retaliation I am left to only assume I was correct on every single one of my points and your feelings were hurt because of that.

That's Phokus.

Phokus

Lifer
Nov 20, 1999

EDIT - Also, I never said I was a libertarian. Even if I was, just because there is one member of the party that has incorrect beliefs, that doesnt mean the WHOLE party is corrupted. Ron paul didnt even win the nomination.................

Does that mean that since Clinton had the whole "Monica Lewinsky" thing, that now EVERY democratic president is branded a "secretary fucker"?

Libertarianism is a segment of the conservative movement/Republican party. This is the least controversial statement i've ever made.

"I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism" - Ronald Reagan

Edit: also, comparing the fact that clinton is a horndog to the fact that the libertarian/republican/conservative movement is full of racists, lol.. ok. Besides that, conservatives have WAY more sex scandals (numerous gay sex scandals, that congressman who creeped on underage boys in the congressional page program, congressman vitter soliciting prostitutes and still somehow keeping his seat, etc). You probably want to use the GOP as an example instead.

edit 2: you might as well be a libertarian, considering the way you write about them:

"Libertarians understand all of this and more, and enjoy their personal freedoms, believe that big brother has no right to create civil laws for the 300000000 people who ultimately dont even vote for the leader of the government. They know that it doesnt even make sense to try and control a humans short time in this universe. "

Last edited:

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
If by reconcile you mean fix............

1.) Have much stricter control on the border and do not allow illegal aliens to get ANY benefits including drivers licenses.

2.) Dont do it?
No, I don't mean fix, lol. I mean how do you hold the belief that you shouldn't try to control humans while at the same time believing we should control where humans live?

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
No, I don't mean fix, lol. I mean how do you hold the belief that you shouldn't try to control humans while at the same time believing we should control where humans live?

A very valid point. Allow me to clear that up.

When I said "control humans" I was not talking about complete and total anarchy, I was referring to the laws and regulations that specifically conservatives and liberals place on their constituents. Even more specifically referring to the laws and regulations placed upon Americans, as illegal aliens are not American citizens they should not be granted any of the freedoms and/or benefits one gets once they become a citizen. Once they follow the due process and become full fledged US citizens they then should be afforded all the freedoms that our country can offer. This includes use of hospitals, drivers licenses, holding a job, social benefits (welfare, medicare, medicaid etc.) running for offices (I believe all US citizens should be able to run for president, not just natural born ones).

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
A very valid point. Allow me to clear that up.

When I said "control humans" I was not talking about complete and total anarchy, I was referring to the laws and regulations that specifically conservatives and liberals place on their constituents. Even more specifically referring to the laws and regulations placed upon Americans, as illegal aliens are not American citizens they should not be granted any of the freedoms and/or benefits one gets once they become a citizen. Once they follow the due process and become full fledged US citizens they then should be afforded all the freedoms that our country can offer. This includes use of hospitals, drivers licenses, holding a job, social benefits (welfare, medicare, medicaid etc.) running for offices (I believe all US citizens should be able to run for president, not just natural born ones).
Seems completely reasonable. So how do you decide what powers the federal government should or should not have?

Smoblikat

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2011
Seems completely reasonable. So how do you decide what powers the federal government should or should not have?

I believe that the federal government should not have the power to create civil laws. They should be left up to the states whose populace directly elects their officials (rather than the president who is elected by the electoral college, and NOT the people). Issues such as gay marriage, gun rights, drugs, prostitution etc. should only be regulated by a democratically elected official for the state. The federal governments main job is to ensure that the states are protected from foreign invaders, so that they can effectively give the people all the freedoms they vote for. Because of the cost of keeping us safe (weapons, soldiers, vehicles...) I find it completely reasonable for the federal government to impose realistic taxes on us. After all, they protect us but we have to make sure they can afford to do so. I think they should do away with all the little taxes and create a single 20 - 25% flat tax. That way everyone is hit equally, since everyone is equally protected. I wish I had more time to give you a complete rundown but I am at work right now :)

You seem like a very reasonable and intelligent person, I am interested to hear your thoughts on the subject.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I believe that the federal government should not have the power to create civil laws. They should be left up to the states whose populace directly elects their officials (rather than the president who is elected by the electoral college, and NOT the people). Issues such as gay marriage, gun rights, drugs, prostitution etc. should only be regulated by a democratically elected official for the state. The federal governments main job is to ensure that the states are protected from foreign invaders, so that they can effectively give the people all the freedoms they vote for. Because of the cost of keeping us safe (weapons, soldiers, vehicles...) I find it completely reasonable for the federal government to impose realistic taxes on us. After all, they protect us but we have to make sure they can afford to do so. I think they should do away with all the little taxes and create a single 20 - 25% flat tax. That way everyone is hit equally, since everyone is equally protected. I wish I had more time to give you a complete rundown but I am at work right now :)

You seem like a very reasonable and intelligent person, I am interested to hear your thoughts on the subject.

Does that include state sponsored segregation? Were you against 64 Civil Rights Act?