Browsers (Chrome/Firefox/Opera) in Windows 8.1

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
So I'm having this issue right now where uploaded jpegs appear to be more "compressed" (jagged lines, discolorations) in my browsers but when I pull them up on my iPhone (Chrome), they appear perfectly like I had uploaded (I'm a photographer).

I tried disabling extensions to see if they were the culprit but it does not appear so. I'm at my wits end here trying to figure out what is going on.

Also, I've noticed that the "login with facebook" button doesn't work at times with Chrome/Firefox (works with Opera) and areas where there are supposed to be videos do not display either (adblock is disabled).

I feel that my browsers are just gimpy.

Any help or insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
Did you even Try Pale Moon, I guarantee you, you try it, and youll never look back

its basically Firefox on steroids, the old FF interface, none of the new BS interface, optimized for mutli core processors, compatible with all FF addons, faster than all 3 browsers

Don't get the x64 version for max compatibility

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
OMG. Pale Moon to the rescue! I can't believe it looks like it should in Pale Moon!

So... what in the world causes the issue???

alexruiz

Platinum Member
Sep 21, 2001
What version of Opera are you using? The chromium based aberration (19.x)? Or the last pure Opera, 12.16? I use opera 12.16 in windows 8.1, renders fine, and while sometimes i use FF / opera chromium, I haven;t paid attention to those ;)

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
I guess I'm using the chromium based aberration :) 19.0.1a35235-q8sefgahse.

So it appears that these browsers aren't as awesome as they used to be...

Morbus

Apr 10, 2009
It seems to me that you installed some sort of crappy "improver" that only works on Firefox/Chrome/Opera and not on PaleMoon.

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
OMG. Pale Moon to the rescue! I can't believe it looks like it should in Pale Moon!

So... what in the world causes the issue???
Every person I've recommended Pale Moon to, thanked me and forgot other browsers exist.

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
Yeah... I'm quitting firefox and using chrome and pale moon. I'll quit chrome eventually as well...
everytime I want to use Chrome, the annoying bookmarks manager, pages not loading properly, and too many settings to configure just to make it act right put me off

did I mention that for someone like me with a 1920x1080 resolution who uses a scaling to medium size, Chrome looks like utter poo, even if I change the default zoom level, the icons and options remain tiny as heck everything about it is wrong

oh one more thing, try copy pasting a post from a vBulletin forum and paste it in another post, and watch how chrome removes all the formatting, hyperlinks, and pastes it as PLAIN text. because the retarded browser doesn't even support WYSIWG without you reinventing the wheel and digging in its core to activate it.

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
I spoke too soon. Hmm... HTML5 videos seem to crash my browser. Whenever I get on kickstarter and watch a video, it just automatically causes it to crash. :(

lxskllr

No Lifer
Nov 30, 2004
Sounds like you have some other issue with your pc that isn't related to the browser. All the browsers are fine. I primarily use Iceweasel(Firefox), but have several others installed, and they're all functional. I'd first check for malware, then try looking at your gfx drivers.

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
I spoke too soon. Hmm... HTML5 videos seem to crash my browser. Whenever I get on kickstarter and watch a video, it just automatically causes it to crash. :(
indeed seems like you have a non browser related issue

try this:

go to this page >>> YouTube - HTML5

now enable HTML5 from the bottom button

then try again

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
Yeah. Enabled it and it crashed PM again. I turned it off and it works like a champ.
well its good it works now, but Im telling you the main issue is not your browser.

I would format my computer if I were you

Shimmishim

Elite Member
Feb 19, 2001
well its good it works now, but Im telling you the main issue is not your browser.

I would format my computer if I were you

lol. It's been a good year since I've reformatted. I think this is the longest I've gone w/o having to do a single reformat. :)

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
exactly, time to format and have a fresh new system with updates software

alkemyst

No Lifer
Feb 13, 2001
Did you even Try Pale Moon, I guarantee you, you try it, and youll never look back

its basically Firefox on steroids, the old FF interface, none of the new BS interface, optimized for mutli core processors, compatible with all FF addons, faster than all 3 browsers

Don't get the x64 version for max compatibility

What are the issues with the 64bit version?

Downloading the 32bit now...looks promising.

G73S

Mar 14, 2012
What are the issues with the 64bit version?

Downloading the 32bit now...looks promising.
no issues, just not compatible with the IE Tab Add-ON which is essential for me.

your needs may be diff. though so you can give it a shot