brown stains on my teeth.......

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
is there any way I can get rid of these stains without going to the dentist? he scrapes 'em off every time but they always come back, only on those two teeth. obviously I should've asked while I was there, but I didn't.

stev0

Diamond Member
Dec 9, 2001
if he can scrape them off, obviously they are on the surface... try brushing your teeth more often, use mouth wash, or get some of those whitening strips.

BDawg

Lifer
Oct 31, 2000
Sounds like someone told you to eat sh!t and die, but you screwed up the lasst part. :)

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999
How long have you had them for? They could be from high flouride content in the water where you grew up. High flouride content can stain your teeth brown.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: vi_edit
How long have you had them for? They could be from high flouride content in the water where you grew up. High flouride content can stain your teeth brown.
yes, there was flouride in my water when I was growing up, and I think there is here in utah too (?). I've had 'em for like 4 years (aside from the few weeks they stay away after visiting the distance).

WhiteWonder

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2001
Mine are yellow from drinking to much soda.
try making them yellow, so you will care less about the brown!

Lvis

Golden Member
Oct 10, 1999
Try sticking your tooth brush in baking soda and scrubbing with that. Try it for a week and see if it helps.

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000
i wouldn't scrape them yourselves. I would simply brush longer, maybe with baking soda. A teeth whitener is not your answer.

BigPoppa

Golden Member
Oct 9, 1999
If they recurr, they're prolly under the enamel. The polish they put on your teeth may hide the stains for a while until you brush it off. I've had calcium deposits under the enamel of my teeth since the permanent ones came in.

Jfrag Teh Foul

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
1. Rota-dent (get one) spend about 1 to two seconds per tooth, per side.
2. Floss like a merf.
3. Use a tongue scraper (*Optional* it doesn't help your teeth, but will kill the stank breath we're suffering through your pic ;))
4. Listerine

Rinse and repeat twice daily... along with a cleaning session at the dentist every six months. Brown stains disappear like magic.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
rawr

that got most of it, hopefully without damaging my teeth (pic). I'll try brushing with baking soda and using mouthwash too. I'm sure flossing a little more wouldn't hurt either...

upsciLLion

Diamond Member
Feb 21, 2001
Don't brush so hard. It looks like you're causing gum tissue regression which can expose the sensitive roots of your teeth. The surgery to correct that is not pleasant (as far as oral surgery goes).

crypticlogin

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2001
Originally posted by: thirtythree
rawr

that got most of it, hopefully without damaging my teeth (pic). I'll try brushing with baking soda and using mouthwash too. I'm sure flossing a little more wouldn't hurt either...
Well there's another use for a seam ripper. You know you can buy those teeth scrapers for home use from a supermarket, in the dental section, e.g. this one (scroll down). I bought one last year for about $5. Cheap insurance against bad tartar buildup.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: tenchim
Originally posted by: thirtythree
rawr

Well there's another use for a seam ripper. You know you can buy those teeth scrapers for home use from a supermarket, in the dental section, e.g. this one (scroll down). I bought one last year for about $5. Cheap insurance against bad tartar buildup.
I checked kmart before posting this and they didn't have one. *shrug*

TripleAAA

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2002
I'm surprised you haven't merely asked your dentist for advice being that he/she is the one scrubbing that crap off your teeth.

thirtythree

Diamond Member
Aug 7, 2001
Originally posted by: TripleAAA
I'm surprised you haven't merely asked your dentist for advice being that he/she is the one scrubbing that crap off your teeth.
I'm willing to sacrifice quality answers for immediate answers ;)