Brother got a beagle puppy

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
just now, my brothers new beagle just tore up my moms garden. some of the flowers and plants are a few years old. she's half screaming half crying at him and i can't but laugh at the whole situation.

beagle runs away, stops, looks back with those huge eyes and over size floppy ears. like he's saying "i just couldn't help it...my bad..."

hahaha

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
Next time put him on a leash far enough away he can't get to the garden... *shrug*

Buttzilla

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2000
Originally posted by: dNor
Well at least it's not a corgi!

;)

i normally don't like small dogs, but my old roomates dog (those wolf looking ones) had a shoe fetish. always steals shoes, whenever shoes are missing all we needed to do is look in her house and there'd be a pile in there.

this beagle has so much personality. it's not my dog so i don't know how far i can take rewards and punishments so i usually take a back burner whenever he causes trouble. if it wasn't for the fact that he' sooo cute, it's hard to stay mad

Vehemence

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Originally posted by: Buttzilla

;)

i normally don't like small dogs, but my old roomates dog (those wolf looking ones) had a shoe fetish. always steals shoes, whenever shoes are missing all we needed to do is look in her house and there'd be a pile in there.

this beagle has so much personality. it's not my dog so i don't know how far i can take rewards and punishments so i usually take a back burner whenever he causes trouble. if it wasn't for the fact that he' sooo cute, it's hard to stay mad

Pics stat!!!!

Originally posted by: Ns1

;)

bastard; see sig.

:laugh: :heart:

*kjm

Platinum Member
Oct 11, 1999
If your brother wants this dog trained he better step up now and let you know how he wants it done. If he waits till later good luck!

krotchy

Golden Member
Mar 29, 2006
I have had 2 beagles growing up and I can tell you, they are not dogs that you can let up training at all. Our first Beagle we actually had a rigged bucket full of toys and a treat for her to knock over when we left. We would put it on the bar, and she would go from the couch to the barstools to the bar and knock it over making oodles on noise. She would be so certain she was in deep trouble when we got home she would generally not destroy anything else. The second beagle has been much less destructive and I can't think of any major damage caused by her.

1st beagle destructions was kind of epic though it was spread over the course of 9 years.
Ate through door from backyard to garage (Replaced door, added metal kick plate)
Broke garage vent and ripped part of the wall out (Rebuilt vent with 2 steel bars in middle)
Walked on hood of dad's Jade green SC400 - Over a thousand dollars in damage
Destroyed hallway shutters (2 of the 3)
Stole anything she could get her hands on and buried it in plants. Yard work was a treasure hunt.