Brotha in High Castle: GoT writers developing show imagining what if confederates won the civil war

brainhulk

Diamond Member
Sep 14, 2007

pauldun170

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2011
Looking forward to watching it.
I'm defintiely going to watch it now just to spite all the idiots on social media

Reactions: clamum

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
I hope that it's better than Man In The High Castle. That plot idea of an Axis occupied USA had so much potential, but it kinda fell flat.

Linflas

Lifer
Jan 30, 2001
I have to assume this proves that idiots on Twitter are lost at anything more than 150 characters in length and have probably not cracked a book they weren't somehow forced to read. Scenarios for different outcomes in the Civil War are very common in SciFi/Alternate Histories. There are tons of books and series of books based on just this premise yet taking one of these and putting it to video is somehow threatening to the snowflakes on Twitter?

Nov 8, 2012
lulz, gotta love the backlash from people. God forbid we do things like educate you on history, less you want to repeat it.

Political correctness will be the death of this nation.

edit: Gotta love the term "Twitter activists"... for people that want to advocate for something, but find it difficult to leave their couch lulz.

clamum

Lifer
Feb 13, 2003
In response to the series announcement, April Reign, the woman behind the viral "#OscarsSoWhite" protest back in 2015, encouraged people to protest the series online by using the hashtag "#NoConfederate."

Oh, how shocking.

"My exhaustion with the idea of Confederate is multiplied by the realization that this show is the brainchild of two white men who oversee a show that has few people of color to speak of and where sexual violence is often gratuitous and treated as no big deal," Gay wrote. "I shudder to imagine the enslaved black body in their creative hands."

Pfffft. Game of Thrones has few people of color? I guess that's fairly accurate but it does not mean that the person who wrote the fucking source material nor the showrunners are racist. I've read all the books and watched every episode at least a couple times so it would be interesting for this person to list out all these instances of gratuitous sexual violence in the show. I guess I'm just numb to it because I've seen so much of it. "The enslaved black body." LMAO, ok there.

Bah. Just annoyed at the whine boxes who go around screaming "racist!" and trying to find racism in every goddamn thing. "Brainchild of two white men..." Who gives a shit what color they are? Jesus some people are sure hung up on skin color.

Back to the actual important news on the topic: I hope they continue with the idea despite the whiny losers; given what they've done with GRRM's material I think Benioff and Weiss are talented dudes and am looking forward to this series.

Reactions: Linflas
Nov 8, 2012
Oh, how shocking.

Pfffft. Game of Thrones has few people of color? I guess that's fairly accurate but it does not mean that the person who wrote the fucking source material nor the showrunners are racist. I've read all the books and watched every episode at least a couple times so it would be interesting for this person to list out all these instances of gratuitous sexual violence in the show. I guess I'm just numb to it because I've seen so much of it. "The enslaved black body." LMAO, ok there.

Bah. Just annoyed at the whine boxes who go around screaming "racist!" and trying to find racism in every goddamn thing. "Brainchild of two white men..." Who gives a shit what color they are? Jesus some people are sure hung up on skin color.

Back to the actual important news on the topic: I hope they continue with the idea despite the whiny losers; given what they've done with GRRM's material I think Benioff and Weiss are talented dudes and am looking forward to this series.

The longer we continue to segregate ourselves into groups such as Black Lives Matter (tm), Black employee networks, hispanic support groups, proclaim "We don't have enough <insert Race/Gender> in <insert Job Title/College Degree/TV Show>" is the longer we will continue to divide further.

Make segregating groups, segregation will naturally occur. It's just hilarious when its the fault of the ones saying otherwise.