Broke down and bought an Albatron Ti4600!

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
Just got back from my local supplier with my Albatron Ti4600. At $221.00, I just couldn't resist. Card was well packed in its box, and other contents were in good order. We'll see how it clocks tonight!

Who knows if Albatron cards will do well in the states. I know one thing for sure; in a year, this card will sell used for less than half of what I paid today, like all other Ti4600 cards. Thus, the proverbial question, "What's in a name?"

Will report back with impressions...

bluntman

Aug 18, 2000
I'm jealous :cool:

I have an original Visiontek Geforce 3 and was debating over whether I should upgrade to the Albatron 4600 or not. According to Guru3D, the Albatron 4600 is on fast card!

Hauk

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2001
Last three cards were Gainward; but I decided to give the Albatron Ti4600 a shot. First thing I did was remove the heatsink to see what kind of job they did applying thermal paste, and glad I did. There was so little there, it barely covered a fingertip diamater spot on the die. So I cleaned, applied Artic Silver, and reinstalled heatsink.

I'd recommend this to anyone who's going to o/c with a stock solution. Regardless of the card manufacturer, one must realize the person who applies that dab of thermal paste on the assembly line does that all day long. To them, it's just another DAMN DAB OF GOO... :)

Mildly clocking to 320 core 725 memory without a hitch. Other than the above, card quality was on par with the big guys...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
mikeymikec Graphics Cards 23

ASK THE COMMUNITY