Broadway Photo / A&M Photo World, Regal Camera, Prestige Camera, Preferred Photo, Royal Camera, Millennium Camera

mdcrab

Platinum Member
Feb 9, 2001
I am interested in getting a pocket point & shoot camera w/ manual backup and pretty much narrowed it down to Canon PowerShot A570 or A720. I was browsing thru a Photo magazine and saw an ad by A&M Photo World. Decided to do a check at Reseller Rating and I was glad I did:
Overall Customer Satisfaction Rating

Just read some of the reviews. It is surprising the State of NY doesn'y shut them down.

mdcrab

troytime

Golden Member
Jan 3, 2006
there's a lot of really crappy camera dealers online, and it seems like most of them are from brooklyn

adorama, b&h, amazon are the 3 places i buy from

check the fatwallet hot deals forum for powershot deals

PowerRanger

Jul 11, 2007
Yeah those scam companies are mostly based in Brooklyn. Aside from B&H, Adorama, I also like Buydig/BeachCamera. They sometimes have cheaper prices, but are very good stores.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
And some do not have permanent addresses. I put B&H at the top of the good guy list. The catalog you get from them when you buy is awesome. Almost 2 inches thick!

Other good guys are Adorama, BuyDig, and Abe's of Maine. Be careful of the retail sellers on E-Bay.