British Troops Forced to Scavenge Iraqi Boots

Nitemare

Lifer
Feb 8, 2001
The US and Canada has to send soldiers over in forest green camo too, because they did not have enough desert camo's

Also, having to use one of Iraq's airfield since Turkey was too greedy to share theirs

Bleep

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
This is not a unusual problem for the military.
During WW2 in the battle of the bulge more soldiers were stopped by frozen feet because they did not have the winter boots necessary.
In Korea we had many hundreds of soldiers with frozen feet because the army failed to get the artctic boots to the soldiers.
In Viet Nam a lot of our soldiers got jungle rot because of improper footware.
The english are not alone with this problem

The upper brass in the military does not look upon the troops as people they look at them as replaceable tools. The upper brass is the team and the soldiers are the tools.

Bleep

AndrewR

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Nitemare
The US and Canada has to send soldiers over in forest green camo too, because they did not have enough desert camo's

Also, having to use one of Iraq's airfield since Turkey was too greedy to share theirs

Somehow I seriously doubt the first statement because Canada does not have any troops over there. There were some idiotic reports regarding US troops which were actually referring to the chemical suits, which are all in woodland camoflage (too expensive to produce both).

Turkey is going to suffer after this war because I seriously doubt that we'll give them any sort of support after the manner in which they treated us. I say we pull up stakes and leave them hanging out to dry.