British and American troops in Afghanistan bickering

Mill

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
This is being way overhyped and you know it. You always post trash like this. Why?

woodie1

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2000
Pennstate - I see you haven't changed your ways. If there's garbage out there you will find it.

Kilgor

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
SOmehow, I have no doubt that it was started by our troops first

Why? Are the British somehow above this kind of thing? Oh I forgot the Euro's are so much more enlightened than we poor trashy Americans are.
rolleye.gif

HappyPuppy

Lifer
Apr 5, 2001
When the bullets start flying there is no doubt in my mind that the Brits and Americans will pull together to cover each others asses. The boredom, frustration and tension of being stuck in a base camp awaiting orders to move out at 5 minutes notice gets on everyones nerves.

I also liked the author's last paragraph. He implied that the Canadians were pulling out because of the accidental bombing of their troops. They're pulling out for just the reason they gave, they are stretched too thin and some of their troops in other parts are overdue for rotation home.

The whole article was obviously written to make much ado about nothing.

JellyBaby

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2000
I want the minute it took to view this thread back so I can spend that time wisely.

Dudd

Platinum Member
Aug 3, 2001
Another Brit hits back by referring to an incident in the War of Independence: "Yeah, but who burnt down the White House? The Royal Marines." Graffiti is widely seen as a barometer of relations between the two sides.

I see it's not just the US school system that's failing. That would be the War of 1812, not the revolution. Hell, the White House wasn't even around in 1775.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
I see it's not just the US school system that's failing. That would be the War of 1812, not the revolution. Hell, the White House wasn't even around in 1775.
I read that:) I wonder how many here knew that fact?

kru

Platinum Member
Oct 24, 1999
"Thanks to several presidents, the White House still looks much as it did when it was first built. Our fourth president, James Madison (1809-1817), moved quickly after the British burned the White House. During the War of 1812, the British attacked the nation?s capital. James and Dolley Madison escaped capture, but enemy troops torched the President?s House on August 24, 1814."

(taken from http://www.whitehousehistory.org/02_learning/subs_4/frame_b_403.html)

Hammer

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
hehe, there's nothing wrong with some good ole fashion smack talking between comrades. :D

her209

No Lifer
Oct 11, 2000
Time to bust out the female mud wrestling matches between the Brits and the Americans. :D