Brit in Iraq asks his Girlfriend to marry him

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Gulf soldier's marriage proposal

A search has begun for a soldier posted near the Iraqi border - because his girlfriend has accepted his marriage proposal.
Caroline Nesbitt wept when boyfriend Adam Holmes proposed to her in a letter from the front line.

Now Miss Nesbitt wants to accept - but does not know where in the war-ravaged country her childhood sweetheart is.

Corporal Holmes wrote his letter the night before he pushed into Iraq from Kuwait with the Royal Pioneer Corps' 187 (Tancred) Company.

To make sure everyone in his home town of Hebburn, South Tyneside, knew of his proposal he sent it to his local newspaper.

Miss Nesbitt was stunned when she was told and immediately said a delighted "yes."

In his letter Corporal Holmes, 29, said: "What I'm about to ask may seem a bit cheeky, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Over the moon

"Caroline - your fiancé Adam Holmes loves you and our son, Adam Jnr.

"I'll be home soon and will you marry me?"

Miss Nesbitt, 27, who has known Corporal Holmes since they were at school, admits she was taken aback but very pleased.

She said: "Adam and I have been together for 14 years and we have a seven-year-old son, who is also called Adam.

"We have been so worried about him and it's wonderful to receive his proposal. I want to say yes, but I don't know where to find him.

"We have talked about getting married loads of times and Adam has asked me in the past, but I never thought the time was right until I heard about his letter.

"I've been really worried about him and our son has been watching the war on TV and asking if his daddy's all right.

"I have agreed to get married and the date I've set is July 2005.

"The only problem at the moment is that I cannot contact Adam while he's serving with the Army in Kuwait and will have to wait until we exchange letters to let him know the answer's yes."

Ahahaha. They already have a 7 year old son and been together for 13 years now she want's to wed in two years?? Yeah what's the hurry!

Mookow

Lifer
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Gulf soldier's marriage proposal

A search has begun for a soldier posted near the Iraqi border - because his girlfriend has accepted his marriage proposal.
Caroline Nesbitt wept when boyfriend Adam Holmes proposed to her in a letter from the front line.

Now Miss Nesbitt wants to accept - but does not know where in the war-ravaged country her childhood sweetheart is.

Corporal Holmes wrote his letter the night before he pushed into Iraq from Kuwait with the Royal Pioneer Corps' 187 (Tancred) Company.

To make sure everyone in his home town of Hebburn, South Tyneside, knew of his proposal he sent it to his local newspaper.

Miss Nesbitt was stunned when she was told and immediately said a delighted "yes."

In his letter Corporal Holmes, 29, said: "What I'm about to ask may seem a bit cheeky, but I'm going to ask anyway.

Over the moon

"Caroline - your fiancé Adam Holmes loves you and our son, Adam Jnr.

"I'll be home soon and will you marry me?"

Miss Nesbitt, 27, who has known Corporal Holmes since they were at school, admits she was taken aback but very pleased.

She said: "Adam and I have been together for 14 years and we have a seven-year-old son, who is also called Adam.

"We have been so worried about him and it's wonderful to receive his proposal. I want to say yes, but I don't know where to find him.

"We have talked about getting married loads of times and Adam has asked me in the past, but I never thought the time was right until I heard about his letter.

"I've been really worried about him and our son has been watching the war on TV and asking if his daddy's all right.

"I have agreed to get married and the date I've set is July 2005.

"The only problem at the moment is that I cannot contact Adam while he's serving with the Army in Kuwait and will have to wait until we exchange letters to let him know the answer's yes."

Ahahaha. They already have a 7 year old son and been together for 13 years now she want's to wed in two years?? Yeah what's the hurry!

Well, she has only known him more than HALF her entire life, so, hey whats two more years?