Bridgestone vs Michelin tires (Costco)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WaTaGuMp

Lifer
May 10, 2001
Their service doesn't "suck", it's just slow.

After years of buying Costco tires, best bet is to go with a friend and drop off your car and pick it up later. Save $100 over the nearest competitor and get rotation/inflate/repairs for the life of the tire.

They ALWAYS take forever. Even going in for a free rotation takes 2 hours.

I laughed at the guy after he said don't forget to come back for your rotation. The day I got the tires, there was another guy who would be waiting till 2pm, a total of 4 hours for him. If I did decide to buy tires from them again, I might try a different Costco with more bays. But if they tell me it will be 2 hours, which they didn't for my last purchase, I will not buy from them. I get lifetime repairs etc etc from my usual place. Tires should not take that long to do, get them in and out, you sell more.

JEDI

Lifer
Sep 25, 2001
My main complaint with getting tires at Costco is the price even with the $70 off isn't always the best. Although they offer lifetime rotation/balance, it takes nearly 2HRs almost every time I want to have the tires rotated. Too damn long.

With that said, the Michelin Exalto's I got for my sedan have been nothing less than stellar. Great ice/snow traction for an all season, incredible wet traction (never hydroplaned, even in torrential rain on the interstate at 75mph), and decent wear.

Michelin-Pilot® Exalto® A/S is 45k mile warrenty.
michelin primacy mxv4 is 60k miles.
michelin primacy mxm4 is 55k but has 'AA' traction vs 'A' traction for the other 2.

if wet traction is my primary concern, just research the Costco tires rated AA and ignore the rest?

edit:
and the mxm4 is also low rolling resistance. (thus better gas milage.)
i think i found my next tire?

Last edited:

Meghan54

Lifer
Oct 18, 2009
When we reshod our Murano last December (it came with Goodyear Eagle LS tires...horrible!), we looked at Michelins and some Bridgestone-made tires, but ended up with some Continental CrossContacts. Haven't been disappointed in the least with that decision.

Excelsior

Lifer
May 30, 2002
Michelin-Pilot® Exalto® A/S is 45k mile warrenty.
michelin primacy mxv4 is 60k miles.
michelin primacy mxm4 is 55k but has 'AA' traction vs 'A' traction for the other 2.

if wet traction is my primary concern, just research the Costco tires rated AA and ignore the rest?

edit:
and the mxm4 is also low rolling resistance. (thus better gas milage.)
i think i found my next tire?

I have the Exalto A/S, so i can't speak for the other two. I have no complaints about the A/S though.

Gibson486

Lifer
Aug 9, 2000
My main complaint with getting tires at Costco is the price even with the $70 off isn't always the best. Although they offer lifetime rotation/balance, it takes nearly 2HRs almost every time I want to have the tires rotated. Too damn long.

With that said, the Michelin Exalto's I got for my sedan have been nothing less than stellar. Great ice/snow traction for an all season, incredible wet traction (never hydroplaned, even in torrential rain on the interstate at 75mph), and decent wear.

life time balance and rotation is not even a big deal....most tire places include that also (at least in my area).

KDKPSJ

Diamond Member
Dec 13, 2002
life time balance and rotation is not even a big deal....most tire places include that also (at least in my area).

Yup. Most tire shop offers lifetime balance this day as long as you buy tires there. And moreover, unless it's not done right first time, I don't think you will rebalance often, if not never at all.

For rotation, I just go to Pepboys, which offers free rotation for its rewards program member. Several (More than Costco for sure) locations nearby, so I just call them before I leave and go to the one with less waiting. As a result, I've never spent more than an hour for rotation so far.