Brian Sims-PA State Rep rants against fellow GOP house members over COVID exposure

Nov 29, 2006
Saw this shared on FB. This is some really crappy work by Republicans if true. I don't live in PA, but id love to follow this story to see if anything happens. 12 min vid inside

Pennsylvania State Representative Brians Sims took to Facebook Live to rail against Pennsylvania Republican House leaders for allegedly concealing the fact that a Republican member of the House State Government Committee had contracted COVID-19, and potentially exposed Democratic lawmakers to it by not wearing a mask.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
Lowlife scum.
When presented with the evidence, he pulled a cheeto and threw someone under the bus.

"Sims claims that Turzai and Republican House leaders failed to inform Democratic House members about their potential risk
of exposure until Wednesday, even though Republican colleagues were aware that a member had tested positive and took
steps to quarantine themselves so as not to infect their own families, without extending the same courtesy to Democrats. "

All of them are lying. Reprehensible.

Last edited:

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
That seems like they are weaponizing the virus with cooperation and collusion.

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I'm not sure we need the partisanship although I'm sure it's relevant. This was clearly a shitty thing to do.

hal2kilo

Lifer
Feb 24, 2009
Hmm, I seem to remember some people trying to criminalize this type of behavior for another disease. But, they were gay.

HIV and STD Criminal Laws

During the early years of the HIV epidemic, a number of states implemented HIV-specific criminal exposure laws. Some of these state laws criminalize behavior that cannot transmit HIV and apply regardless of actual transmission. As of 2019, 34 states had laws that criminalize HIV exposure.