Brian Fargo to make Planescape: Torment Successor!

Kalmah

Diamond Member
Oct 2, 2003
Why is Wizards of the Coast so scared to licence out dnd games? I love the dnd rule system. I feel like every fantasy game that doesn't include dnd as the backbone ends up being shallow in the game mechanics department.

Besides that, the setting for this game sounds fantastic. I really hope it pulls through.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
that will be awesome!

PS:T was an amazing game. much less action than BG2, but still incredibly satisfying, and much deeper story elements.

s44

Diamond Member
Oct 13, 2006
Look, he couldn't have done it alone, but without Avellone PS:T is just another good RPG (with crappy combat). Mask of the Betrayer was nice, but it was a lite riff on similar themes.

Last edited:

dighn

Lifer
Aug 12, 2001
Why is Wizards of the Coast so scared to licence out dnd games? I love the dnd rule system. I feel like every fantasy game that doesn't include dnd as the backbone ends up being shallow in the game mechanics department.

Besides that, the setting for this game sounds fantastic. I really hope it pulls through.

The D&D universe is also very deep and interesting. I usually find it hard to get into fantasy-themed games (as opposed to sci-fi), but D&D is different somehow. Games like Dragon age just seems so shallow in comparison in both game play and lore.