Brexit Inspires Nationalists To Leave US In ‘Texit’ Vote

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Darwin333

Lifer
Dec 11, 2006
The federal government should gift Texas back to Mexico in exchange for a share of the oil rights and port access.

Good morning, Texas! Today you're all Mexicans!

I dunno, I think Texas could gain independence from Mexico far easier than the US. Considering Mexico can't even get a handle on some cartels I'd wager they wouldn't even bother trying to fight a bunch of Texans.

Ventanni

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2011
Not only can it happen, it will happen. Washington DC is completely corrupt and is sucking this nation dry like a vampire squid. Goldman Sachs literally has nothing on Washington. You have to remember that right now we are in a so called recovery. After the next downturn, the calls for secession will increase tenfold. There is no stopping the trainwreck that is DC. Both parties are corrupt and fully dedicated to pissing away taxpayer money and borrowing against future taxpayer money to fund bribes, handouts, and bailouts. The sooner Texit happens, the better. Because once Texas is gone, all funding for this corrupt vampire squid will evaporate. And then my tax money will stop going to pay for chinese workers, mexican votes, welfare sluts, and wall street banking whores.

Instead, your tax receipts will double, triple, quadruple even to rebuild everything that was destroyed. You really think Texas cattle, Texas oil, and Texas industry will make it out alive in an actual secession? Even if by the miraculous Texas manages to make it out alive, it'll be nothing but a smoldering scar of what it used to be. And at that point, you'll be jumping over the wall you built to Mexico to go beg them for bread.

I'm not saying that to be a haughty-taughty, chest-pumping American. That's just the reality of war man. The infrastructures that we've built have allowed for far, far more people to survive than what the land can support in-raw, and when you dismantle that infrastructure, which is the first thing the US military does, people die on an industrial scale.

If you actually want secession, you're even worse than the bankers, the politicians, and the vampire squid you claim to condemn. Thankfully the people you've voted for to lead you have more common sense than you do.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
That's assuming that crowd in DC will actually order the military to fight Texas. That could very well incite other states to leave. However, I could see the DC crowd try to covertly arm Mexico to do its dirty work for them.

Instead, your tax receipts will double, triple, quadruple even to rebuild everything that was destroyed. You really think Texas cattle, Texas oil, and Texas industry will make it out alive in an actual secession? Even if by the miraculous Texas manages to make it out alive, it'll be nothing but a smoldering scar of what it used to be. And at that point, you'll be jumping over the wall you built to Mexico to go beg them for bread.

I'm not saying that to be a haughty-taughty, chest-pumping American. That's just the reality of war man. The infrastructures that we've built have allowed for far, far more people to survive than what the land can support in-raw, and when you dismantle that infrastructure, which is the first thing the US military does, people die on an industrial scale.

If you actually want secession, you're even worse than the bankers, the politicians, and the vampire squid you claim to condemn. Thankfully the people you've voted for to lead you have more common sense than you do.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
That's assuming that crowd in DC will actually order the military to fight Texas. That could very well incite other states to leave. However, I could see the DC crowd try to covertly arm Mexico to do its dirty work for them.

Nice conspiracy theory.

It'll never come to that. Being a Texas secessionist is just a role playing game for believers in the lost cause against the war of northern aggression.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I was doing my own version of role playing, you brain-dead twat! I was responding to the idea that is such a situation happened, the government would blast TX back to the stone age. But I responded without being a rude, condescending twat, such as yourself. I fully agree with you that secession isn't going to happen.

Nice conspiracy theory.

It'll never come to that. Being a Texas secessionist is just a role playing game for believers in the lost cause against the war of northern aggression.

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
I was doing my own version of role playing, you brain-dead twat! I was responding to the idea that is such a situation happened, the government would blast TX back to the stone age. But I responded without being a rude, condescending twat, such as yourself. I fully agree with you that secession isn't going to happen.

I apologize. I replied before realizing it was you. Some of our posters could say that in perfect seriousness, ya know?

JSt0rm

Lifer
Sep 5, 2000
Why would we fight Texas? They would become like any other 3rd world country whose main export is natural resources.

FerrelGeek

Diamond Member
Jan 22, 2009
I apologize. I replied before realizing it was you. Some of our posters could say that in perfect seriousness, ya know?

No. None of my posts would say that in perfect seriousness, though I agree with your point. :) But your apology is accepted.