Brexit Deal Voted down in "Historic Defeat" according to BBC News site (Brexit still happening but PM May is in trouble)

Page 34 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fskimospy

Elite Member
Mar 10, 2006
I just don't find that a very satisfying explanation! How did they acquire that perverse idea of 'freedom'?

Pretty sure future historians will come up with something a bit deeper and less contingent. Political events occur for socio-economic reasons, it's not some random intervention by aliens or demons.
I'm just impatient to know what those historians will say, i guess.
They don’t want freedom, they want dominance. Trump is exactly like them in that way - he has no goals outside of his own self aggrandizement and the only pleasure he truly feels in life is crushing people and getting revenge. Revenge and dominance is what his supporters want.

biostud

Lifer
Feb 27, 2003
Let's see what happens when the brits find out that all the problems they have were in fact not caused by EU, but their own politicians...

Reactions: DarthKyrie

cytg111

Lifer
Mar 17, 2008
Let's see what happens when the brits find out that all the problems they have were in fact not caused by EU, but their own politicians...
Rupert Murdoch is firmly fucking UK media over as well is he not? I wouldnt count on it.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2004

They're British. They already know that but want to wallow in their own misery so they can keep playing the befuddled "charming" dipshits to justify clapping themselves on their backs about how that makes them smarter and superior to everyone else.

Which, so people know that Murdoch literally had his media companies hack people's stuff to get tabloid news. What do you think he's been having them do for the bigger stuff? And keep in mind that the US basically doesn't seem to give any shits about that behavior. Not to mention can you imagine the dirt they have on Republicans speaking when they think the cameras/mics aren't on?