BREAKING: Trump Pulls ACHA - Robert Costa via Twitter

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Caesar

Golden Member
Nov 5, 1999
LOL

https://twitter.com/SenatorMenendez...as-republican-leaders-scramble-for-votes.html

and

Sen. Schumer has released a statement, and it's quite brutal:

"Ultimately, the TrumpCare bill failed because of two traits that have plagued the Trump presidency since he took office: incompetence and broken promises. In my life, I have never seen an administration as incompetent as the one occupying the White House today.

“They can’t write policy that actually makes sense, they can’t implement the policies they do manage to write, they can’t get their stories straight, and today we’ve learned that they can’t close a deal, and they can’t count votes," he said.

“So much for the Art of the Deal."

Reactions: DarthKyrie

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
It is simply incredible that they can control everything yet do nothing. Also, this implicitly is admitting that Obamacare > GOP ideas right?

Pretty much.

*shakes head*

SEVEN YEARS! lol

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
LOL

https://twitter.com/SenatorMenendez/status/845363015222542336?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/24/live-blog-gop-health-care-bill-teeters-as-republican-leaders-scramble-for-votes.html

and

Sen. Schumer has released a statement, and it's quite brutal:

"Ultimately, the TrumpCare bill failed because of two traits that have plagued the Trump presidency since he took office: incompetence and broken promises. In my life, I have never seen an administration as incompetent as the one occupying the White House today.

“They can’t write policy that actually makes sense, they can’t implement the policies they do manage to write, they can’t get their stories straight, and today we’ve learned that they can’t close a deal, and they can’t count votes," he said.

“So much for the Art of the Deal."

So true, and yes, so so brutal. Haha

FINISH HIM!

Last edited:

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Yeah, that's how I took it too. "I don't blame Paul [but you should]"
That's what I take home from this. It seems a setup against Ryan. Whether Trump is just being randomly bizarre or intentionally screwing around is of course anyone's guess.

Ajay

Lifer
Jan 8, 2001
Well, all I can say is thank God. This country is going nowhere as an advanced nation unless we get a couple of basic things right: infrastructure and health care access/affordability.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Personally, although I am profoundly relieved Obamacare failed, I don't relish all the rubbing it in that so many seem to enjoy.

VRAMdemon

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2012
This is what Trump "should" do - Sit down with Bernie Sanders, draft a universal healthcare plan or a public option and a few other Obamacare fixes, and call it Trumpcare. Then he tells the Pubs, "Pass this or I'll fucking veto every piece of legislation you send to my desk." Fat chance this will happen, but would be hilarious nonetheless.

I’m a conservative on most issues but a liberal on health. It is an unacceptable but accurate fact that the number of uninsured Americans has risen to 42 million. Working out detailed plans will take time. But the goal should be clear: Our people are our greatest asset. We must take care of our own. We must have universal healthcare.

Our objective [should be] to make reforms for the moment and, longer term, to find an equivalent of the single-payer plan that is affordable, well-administered, and provides freedom of choice. Possible? The good news is, yes. There is already a system in place-the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program-that can act as a guide for all healthcare reform. It operates through a centralized agency that offers considerable range of choice. While this is a government program, it is also very much market-based. It allows 620 private insurance companies to compete for this market. Once a year participants can choose from plans which vary in benefits and costs.

Source: The America We Deserve, by Donald Trump, p.206-208 & 218 , Jul 2, 2000

Blackjack200

Lifer
May 28, 2007
This is what Trump "should" do - Sit down with Bernie Sanders, draft a universal healthcare plan or a public option and a few other Obamacare fixes, and call it Trumpcare. Then he tells the Pubs, "Pass this or I'll fucking veto every piece of legislation you send to my desk." Fat chance this will happen, but would be hilarious nonetheless.

Trump certainly didn't write that and I doubt he even read it. He's not interested in universal health care, he's interested in being a hero to the angry old white men that watch Fox News. That means tax cuts business friendly policies an culture war shit.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
As soon as they pulled this bill they should have referred the current system as the ACA and never used Obama's name again.

Keep reminding people that Obama did something that helped millions of people that you keep trying to take away... not a populist narrative.