Breaking: Shooting at CT elementary school

Page 30 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
So what? There is nothing inherently wrong with killing. Self-defense is just as legitimate a function as transportation or cutting a steak.

Presuming you are talking about humans.

Yes there is. That's why its illegal to kill people but with exceptions rather than legal to kill them.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
This makes no sense.
so the guy isn't going to go to jail for selling illegal weapons to begin with?
how the hell is he going to know the guy is a nutjob?

why would he be doing something illegal to begin with if he didn't want to go to jail?

Maybe you missed the "If guns were banned" at the beginning of that conversation?

shortylickens

No Lifer
Jul 15, 2003
k2WCM.png

They heard Westboro was planning to do some bullshit at Sandy Hook.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
Presuming you are talking about humans.

Yes there is. That's why its illegal to kill people but with exceptions rather than legal to kill them.

He was saying that killing a person is right or wrong depending on the context.

You need to disabuse yourself of this magical thinking about human life. There are 7 billion of us, some are real pieces of shit who will kill others if they aren't stopped.

Some are raving religious fanatics bombing innocents to make a point and trying to take away all rights from women and would kill every gay person they could get their hands on if they did. Those people should be killed.

A murderer coming at an innocent with a chainsaw should be killed.

It is not just necessary to kill them, it is right.

WelshBloke

Lifer
Jan 12, 2005
He was saying that killing a person is right or wrong depending on the context.

You need to disabuse yourself of this magical thinking about human life. There are 7 billion of us, some are real pieces of shit who will kill others if they aren't stopped.

Some are raving religious fanatics bombing innocents to make a point and trying to take away all rights from women and would kill every gay person they could get their hands on if they did. Those people should be killed.

A murderer coming at an innocent with a chainsaw should be killed.

It is not just necessary to kill them, it is right.

No he said that there was nothing inherently wrong with killing people.

There is thats why the most basic of laws are against it.

There are exceptions to those laws to allow for the points you made.

If there was nothing inherently wrong with killing then we wouldnt need to have those exceptions.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012
EXACTLY! i blame the media on how it is. they make a "star" out of the guy. its on 24/7 for a week or two.

Agreed, that's a big part of it.

It sounds like maybe Morgan Freeman didn't actually write that, I hope he did but there's some uncertainty it sounds like.

Sad thing is, so many white-guilt fueled liberals out there would never in their wildest dreams consider listening to that exact same message coming from a white man's mouth especially if he was a gun owner, but have Morgan Freeman say it? They'll listen.

Sad, but I'm glad they'll listen at least then.

pontifex

Lifer
Dec 5, 2000
Maybe you missed the "If guns were banned" at the beginning of that conversation?

maybe you don't understand what you typed?

what does it matter if guns are banned or not? He's still selling them illegally, whether it's to a "normal" criminal or a "nutjob", what is the difference?

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
See that now. Either way everything is better in his chocolate velvet tones. Actually I'm going to start reading the forums with his voice in my head from now on.

"Don't repost random quotes on the Internet without fact checking them first. Even if they are from a cool black guy."

- James Earl Jones ;)

MV5BMTcwNTg1MzMwM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQyMDgyMg@@._V1._SX214_CR0,0,214,314_.jpg

BUTCH1

Lifer
Jul 15, 2000
Agreed, that's a big part of it.

It sounds like maybe Morgan Freeman didn't actually write that, I hope he did but there's some uncertainty it sounds like.

Sad thing is, so many white-guilt fueled liberals out there would never in their wildest dreams consider listening to that exact same message coming from a white man's mouth especially if he was a gun owner, but have Morgan Freeman say it? They'll listen.

Sad, but I'm glad they'll listen at least then.

Nice, drag race into it, MF is respected as an intelligent. talented actor who happens to be black, maybe some people value his opinion because of his intelligence,not his race, something you and Spidy and Spaitial could never believe..

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
Nice, drag race into it, MF is respected as an intelligent. talented actor who happens to be black, maybe some people value his opinion because of his intelligence,not his race, something you and Spidy and Spaitial could never believe..

agreed.

best interview i seen with him he said something to the effect of "don't say im a black man. I am a Man" or something like that.

also i just love hearing him speak. :awe:

Baked

Lifer
Dec 28, 2004
Went to yoga class last night, we ended the class by praying for the lives lost. May their souls find a new home soon.

OBLAMA2009

Diamond Member
Apr 17, 2008
interestingly, the american military is doing things like this every day in afghanistan and iraq and no one cares...

Troll somewhere else. The military has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.
admin allisolm

Last edited by a moderator:

sixone

Lifer
May 3, 2004
interestingly, the american military is doing things like this every day in afghanistan and iraq and no one cares...

You are such a fucking liar. I'm going to ask you to post links to the news stories about our military shooting up schools, even though I know you won't be able to.

Geosurface

Diamond Member
Mar 22, 2012

I adore Morgan Freeman and have since at least Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves when I saw it at age 11.

He's my favorite character in my favorite film ever, Shawshank Redemption.

I'm merely pointing out that a lot of anti-gun liberals would never entertain the same words attributed here to him if they came out of the mouth of say, Charleton Heston while he was alive or any white male republican politician, or any white male gun owner they might talk to in their personal life.

Which is true in a LOT of cases, and I think you know that. I just find that interesting, that's all.

WilliamM2

Platinum Member
Jun 14, 2012
Went to yoga class last night, we ended the class by praying for the lives lost. May their souls find a new home soon.

Praying to the god that didn't stop it in the first place? The prayer coments are getting old.

marrr

Jan 23, 2004
St. Rose of Lima Church in Newtown has been evacuated. State police have responded to the church, according to NBC reporter Audrey Washington.

A noon mass was being held at the Roman Catholic Church at 46 Church Hill Road.

Witnesses at the mass said police entered the church and told parishioners that a threat had been made against the church and the surrounding area and that everyone had to leave immediately.

More than a dozen state troopers armed with assault rifles entered a home next to the church, according to Washington.

Parishioners and news media were told to leave the church property.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Newtown-Church-Evactuated-183704271.html