BREAKING NEWS: McCain leads the Electoral Count

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Originally posted by: idiotekniQues
this is a strong argument for two americas.

it is time to separate the red states from the blue

All states are some sort of purple. Human cultural evolution is taking place all over the world, but it occurs more where population densities are heavier such as in cities. The brain develops more and more neural connections in response to need and cities provide a dense learning experience because of so much human interaction. Blue dye is born more in cities and seeps out into the national fabric as society evolves. Backward rural America is deeply blue compared to the backward rural America of just a few years ago. Advanced humans don't turn their backs of their slower brethren who are almost identical to them compared to people living just a few generations back. The goal of advanced humanity is to create on earth as it is in heaven. It is what we pray when we really pray.

BeauJangles

Lifer
Aug 26, 2001

Because some people are liberals and others are conservatives? God forbid we have diversity of opinion in this country.

Maybe you're right though, let's separate the red from the blue, the gay from the straight, the black from the white, my house from your house, etc. :roll:

dmcowen674

No Lifer
Oct 13, 1999
www.alienbabeltech.com
Originally posted by: Stoneburner
Genius... do you know that was a Zogby Interactive Poll?

The ZIP's have less credibility than the regular zogby's WHICH HAVE NO CREDIBILITY TO BEGIN WITH.

All the credible posters have Obama up.

9-14-2008 5 reasons why McCain has pulled ahead

John McCain?s surge in the polls comes even as Barack Obama has inherited the most favorable Democratic environment since the Watergate era ? an unpopular Republican president, an unpopular war and a flagging economy.

1. McCain as a 'change agent'

Even though McCain has spent decades in Washington and a member of his party is in the White House, recent polling shows that he has managed to successfully portray himself as a change agent and erode Obama?s brand in the process.

2. The center shifts: Independents move to McCain

A recent CNN/Opinion Research Corporation poll found that 62 percent of men have a favorable view of Palin, while just 53 percent of women view her favorably.

Though no Democrat has won a majority of white voters since Lyndon Johnson in 1964, Obama cannot win unless he pulls back some of these white independent voters.

3. The economic gap narrows

James Carville, who coined the catchphrase ?the economy, stupid? in 1992 while working as a strategist for Bill Clinton, frets that Obama is losing his ownership of the issue that has become voters? foremost concern in recent months.

4. Palin narrows the enthusiasm gap

Palin has played no small part in this GOP awakening. CBS found that fully 85 percent of McCain backers were ?pleased? with the selection of Palin, compared to 65 percent of Obama supporters who said the same about his running mate, Delaware Sen. Joe Biden.

And among independents, 46 percent have a favorable view of Palin while only 31 percent say the same of Biden.

5. Democrats voter ID edge dulls

Republicans began losing voters prior to the 2006 midterm elections that gave Democrats a functional majority in the Senate. But those voters straying from the fold were mostly becoming independents, not Democrats.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
Originally posted by: Moonbeam

All states are some sort of purple. Human cultural evolution is taking place all over the world, but it occurs more where population densities are heavier such as in cities. The brain develops more and more neural connections in response to need and cities provide a dense learning experience because of so much human interaction. Blue dye is born more in cities and seeps out into the national fabric as society evolves. Backward rural America is deeply blue compared to the backward rural America of just a few years ago. Advanced humans don't turn their backs of their slower brethren who are almost identical to them compared to people living just a few generations back. The goal of advanced humanity is to create on earth as it is in heaven. It is what we pray when we really pray.

i dont have time to wait for them to come around. im not saying be enemies, but this country is too big and too polarized to have one effective federal

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
Saying you don't have time to wait is basically immature. You can't rush what can't be rushed. Your subjective analysis of your supposed needs is immaterial. Of course, you can always jump off a bridge.

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007
Saying you don't have time to wait is basically immature. You can't rush what can't be rushed. Your subjective analysis of your supposed needs is immaterial. Of course, you can always jump off a bridge.

this country doesnt have time to wait for idiots like you that want to be all hppy and just let things happen in philosophical terms.

we need pragmatists now, not theoretical pussies such as yourself.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: OneOfTheseDays
All BO needs to do is hold Kerry states and grab CO and NM. It's entirely possible he loses the popular vote and wins electorally.

NM - Bill Richardson governor (very popular Democrat), should be solid Obama
CO - They hate McCain for trying to steal water or something, again should be solid Obama

None of the other states matter. McCain will not pick off PA, MI, WA, or any of those other states that are supposedly in play. They said that about PA in '04 and Kerry won that state easily due to the large amount of union voters.

Washington state will end up being a tough one to nab for Obama. We have a bunch of angry republicans from last governor election coming out to vote to make sure Dino Rossi is sitting in the governors mansion. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to re-evaluate their future of looking at politics critically.

winnar111

Banned
Mar 10, 2008
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ
All BO needs to do is hold Kerry states and grab CO and NM. It's entirely possible he loses the popular vote and wins electorally.

CO - They hate McCain for trying to steal water or something, again should be solid Obama

None of the other states matter. McCain will not pick off PA, MI, WA, or any of those other states that are supposedly in play. They said that about PA in '04 and Kerry won that state easily due to the large amount of union voters.

Washington state will end up being a tough one to nab for Obama. We have a bunch of angry republicans from last governor election coming out to vote to make sure Dino Rossi is sitting in the governors mansion. Anyone that thinks otherwise needs to re-evaluate their future of looking at politics critically.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...id=52&threadid=2227186

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999

this country doesnt have time to wait for idiots like you that want to be all hppy and just let things happen in philosophical terms.

What we need is one thing. What we actually have are morons like yourself who react like children in the face of reality. If we have time or not is irrelevant because we will take all the time that's needed. You think wine can be bottled today and opened tonight but all you do is spoil the vintage. Your emotional immaturity can't change reality. I am nice and mentally adjusted and accept fact as it is. I will be here when it counts. You will be a burned out ash of jaded dejection and a failure. Enjoy your stupid emotionalism while it lasts.

Oceandevi

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2006
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: Corbett
I hate polls, most of the time they are wrong, but can't we all just agree this election is going to be WAY closer than anyone thought, due to the Palin pick for VP.
Yes but it's not because of her stand on the issues.

And?

idiotekniQues

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2007

What we need is one thing. What we actually have are morons like yourself who react like children in the face of reality. If we have time or not is irrelevant because we will take all the time that's needed. You think wine can be bottled today and opened tonight but all you do is spoil the vintage. Your emotional immaturity can't change reality. I am nice and mentally adjusted and accept fact as it is. I will be here when it counts. You will be a burned out ash of jaded dejection and a failure. Enjoy your stupid emotionalism while it lasts.

you sound so much like anybody who has let themselves be part of a society abused and destroyed by the powers that be.

i accept fact as it is.

what is is what must be.

it is what it is.

go smoke a joint and leave the real world to people that may actually have the nerve to actually say something controversial.

you thinkt he founding fathers sat back all dopey like and said 'it is fact and i accept it for what it is, that the king is the ordained ruler of the land but we must not spoil the vintage.'

it is time to take this country back, not sit back and watch the dismemberment of the progress of our nation. you wouldnt know if an important moment passed you by if it paused for a moment and smacked you repeatedly in the face because you were so self-absorbed with being the stoic pillar of inaction.

pstylesss

Platinum Member
Mar 21, 2007
Originally posted by: winnar111
Originally posted by: ZeroIQ

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...id=52&threadid=2227186

Darn I missed that post. Don't know if you're agreeing with me or not. The Ds are not having an easy time this election in Washington. Especially the governor race. Rossi is now leading in the polls and is bringing in more money, more first time voters, and I believe a lower percentage of funds from out of state donors. When Rossi wins the race, 8 years from now I'm betting he'll throw his hat in the ring for president.

M0RPH

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2003
Obama sealed his own fate when he passed over the chance for a groundbreaking ticket with a woman who got 18 million votes and made the boring and unimaginative pick of Biden as VP. Ohio is going to McCain and maybe even Michigan and PA. Obama is in big trouble.

I can't help but laugh at the irony of the cult of personality being trumped by an even fresher cult of personality on the other team. Ah well, he had his chance to be president and he done f*cked it up.

Red Dawn

Elite Member
Jun 4, 2001
Originally posted by: M0RPH
Obama sealed his own fate when he passed over the chance for a groundbreaking ticket with a woman who got 18 million votes and made the boring and unimaginative pick of Biden as VP. Ohio is going to McCain and maybe even Michigan and PA. Obama is in big trouble.

I can't help but laugh at the irony of the cult of personality being trumped by an even fresher cult of personality on the other team. Ah well, he had his chance to be president and he done f*cked it up.
Not yet. McCain's gonna have to get past just parading his MILF about and get down to talking about the issues and that's where he's extremely weak.

OrByte

Diamond Member
Jul 21, 2000
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Originally posted by: M0RPH

Not yet. McCain's gonna have to get past just parading his MILF about and get down to talking about the issues and that's where he's extremely weak.
Talk about extremely weak on the issues:

Monday September 15, 2008 - "Our economy, I believe, still, the fundamentals of our economy are strong, but these are very, very difficult times, so I promise you: We will never put America in this position again. We will clean up Wall Street," McCain said.

Does anyone know what 'fundamentals' he keeps referring to? Serious question.