Breaking News - Mass Murder of Cops in Lousiana

Page 10 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
That the broken system is constantly screwing them, over and over?

That we essentially monetarily destroy them, and jail them, kill them & destroy their lives?

I understand the problems, killing the foot soldiers isn't the answer.

You see the first two statements do nothing but foster violence, they definitely completely overwhelm the last statement.

After you tell a group of people that the rest of America is actively trying to destroy them, whatever follows is kind of lost.

TBH I am getting real fucking depressed about all the shit going down. I wonder if my perception is worse than the reality. I hope so.

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
You see the first two statements do nothing but foster violence, they definitely completely overwhelm the last statement.

After you tell a group of people that the rest of America is actively trying to destroy them, whatever follows is kind of lost.

I don't think you understand what that socioeconomic and ethnic group is facing, we have essentially re-created debitor's prisons.

The rest of the US isn't trying to destroy them, they're being raped by a broken legal system.

Zaap

Diamond Member
Jun 12, 2008
Its not that hard to filter these accounts, get addresses, and start investigating who is who. Im sure the FBI has sophisticated means to determine who has the rhetoric, arms and expressed intent to take action.

Then you bring them in for questioning and let them know they are being tailed 24x7.
Around here, and indeed in most of society, that's called "Picking on Poor people, while the *REAL* threats are ignored." Until something happens. Then it's "Why didn't you DOOOO something??!"

At any rate, I disagree with monitoring the Internet and what people post. That's too broad a brush, and there aren't even resources that can even begin to cast a net that wide, nor should there be.

Fighting the single lone violent nutjub (or even small groups of would-be terrorists) is a virtually impossible task. I don't envy anyone tasked to do it, cause no matter what it's gonna be damed if you do, damned if you don't, while constantly surfing the razor's edge of doing the impossible. There's NO easy answer as far as preventing any of this.

bshole

Diamond Member
Mar 12, 2013
I don't think you understand what that socioeconomic and ethnic group is facing, we have essentially re-created debitor's prisons.

The rest of the US isn't trying to destroy them, they're being raped by a broken legal system.

I am fully aware that they are not doing as well as the rest of America. I don't see that constantly harping on it does much good. I have thought about this and don't see much hope. It is my underlying conviction that the loss of decent working class jobs has impacted this community more adversely than other groups.

Solutions are what we need, not endless reiterations of the problem. It is pretty easy to state the problem, everybody and their mother is doing that. What meaningful steps can we take to address the problem? I don't have any suggestions other than tariffs to bring the jobs back. What do you suggest?

Artdeco

Platinum Member
Mar 14, 2015
I am fully aware that they are not doing as well as the rest of America. I don't see that constantly harping on it does much good. I have thought about this and don't see much hope. It is my underlying conviction that the loss of decent working class jobs has impacted this community more adversely than other groups.

Solutions are what we need, not endless reiterations of the problem. It is pretty easy to state the problem, everybody and their mother is doing that. What meaningful steps can we take to address the problem? I don't have any suggestions other than tariffs to bring the jobs back. What do you suggest?

Decriminalize a bunch of stuff, basically stop enforcing "victimless" crimes.

Eli

Super Moderator | Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Haven't read the thread, first I'm hearing of this... been out all day.

First thoughts are.. well, this has escalated quickly. So, one guy murders a bunch of cops "martyr style" and now we've got cop-haters salivating all over the country wanting to copycat? Uh oh. Just like school shootings, it all started with one..

This isn't going to end well.... for regular law abiding citizens. :(

Last edited:

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999

First thoughts are.. well, this has escalated quickly. So, one guy murders a bunch of cops "martyr style" and now we've got cop-haters salivating all over the country wanting to copycat? Uh oh. Just like school shootings, it all started with one..

More like bigots spreading FUD all over the country to give that impression.

BeeBoop

Golden Member
Feb 5, 2013
79ewDnd.jpg

https://www.gofundme.com/2exp2qs

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
^Sad. Being a police officer was a tough job already, now its even harder.

God bless these men and women who are out there for us all.

rudder

Lifer
Nov 9, 2000
So, uhh, moar guns, or what? I'm sure that cops are just thrilled with the fact that AR style carbines are the most popular rifles in America, just what a shooter wants when they're crazy enough to go up against the police or a crowd of people. They're superb combat weapons & not really suitable for anything else that matters.

And the whole schtick about putting it off on BLM is bullshit, as if that's what riled people up rather than it being the result. It's not like BLM exists for no good reason.

What if their grievances are legitimate in ways you won't take the trouble to understand?

Obama and the leftist media have riled things up. I mean we still hear hands up don't shoot when it was proven michael brown did not have his hands up when he was shot. Facts won't stop Al Sharpton from profiting off that incident. And after this latest police shooting we have a POS obama who still refuses to condemn this anti-police violence. The same obama who invites BLM leaders to the white house while BLM groups are going down the street chanting what do we want... dead cops. When do we want it... now.

How many blacks have been killed by police officers since obama took office in 2009? Would it interest you to know that there have been over 3,500 murders in Chicago during that same time?

And lets forget all the facts that we know about the Alton Sterling shooting. Let's pretend Sterling was just some black guy minding his own business when a racist white cop pulled up just shot him for being black. Would that act justify the killing of 5 police officers in Dallas and 3 more in baton rouge? I know the leftist media and BLM would like to think so. By that measure since a Muslim killed 49 people in Orlando.... should we consider all muslims fair game? So are grievances against the muslim community justified?

Greenman

Lifer
Oct 15, 1999

It's not going to end a lot worse for the black community. This is going to cause an escalation in the number of blacks that are stopped for little or no reason. It's going to cause law enforcement to be extremely wary and prone to over reacting, which is going to cause even more deaths. I don't even want to contemplate how this will end.

Paratus

Lifer
Jun 4, 2004
According to a WSJ source, the deceased suspect was affiliated with an anti-government group.
:hmm:

So when is the conservative alternative media and Fox News going to take responsibility for priming these anti-government types? All those stories about 2nd amendment solutions and pushing for false wars. They have a lot to answer for. :whiste:

umbrella39

Lifer
Jun 11, 2004
Obama and the leftist media have riled things up. I mean we still hear hands up don't shoot when it was proven michael brown did not have his hands up when he was shot. Facts won't stop Al Sharpton from profiting off that incident. And after this latest police shooting we have a POS obama who still refuses to condemn this anti-police violence. The same obama who invites BLM leaders to the white house while BLM groups are going down the street chanting what do we want... dead cops. When do we want it... now.

How many blacks have been killed by police officers since obama took office in 2009? Would it interest you to know that there have been over 3,500 murders in Chicago during that same time?

And lets forget all the facts that we know about the Alton Sterling shooting. Let's pretend Sterling was just some black guy minding his own business when a racist white cop pulled up just shot him for being black. Would that act justify the killing of 5 police officers in Dallas and 3 more in baton rouge? I know the leftist media and BLM would like to think so. By that measure since a Muslim killed 49 people in Orlando.... should we consider all muslims fair game? So are grievances against the muslim community justified?

Nice rant... Obama, Sharpton, Chicago, LMSM, Muslims... look in the mirror for the source of your problems. You have become what you hate...

ivwshane

Lifer
May 15, 2000

Did they rile things up back in 2009 when every single one of your posts that mentioned Obama made negative or false claims? Was it Obama that was stoking racial tensions when you made every Obama thread about race? Was it the medias fault you've been defending yourself from calls of racism since 2007 even though you bring up race more times than not?

Your post history speaks for itself and you are fooling no one. You've simply made Obama and the media your scapegoat to justify your bigotry.

You are in denial, you are indeed a piece of shit 💩

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002

LOL at insane rant.

If you're so sure of Obama's guilt.. try convicting him in court. Oh that's right you don't believe in courts or anything if it doesn't favor you.

Indus

Diamond Member
May 11, 2002
LMAO!!!! Talk about insane.

I'm sure he wants to convict Obama for tipping a waitress $33 on a $17 tab.. come on, don't deny it.. conservaterrorist thinking if you're poor, fuck off and die.

You know it's true.. and you're insane just like him.

Londo_Jowo

Lifer
Jan 31, 2010
londojowo.hypermart.net
I'm sure he wants to convict Obama for tipping a waitress $33 on a $17 tab.. come on, don't deny it.. conservaterrorist thinking if you're poor, fuck off and die.

You know it's true.. and you're insane just like him.

How you get all of this from his post is unbelievable. LMAO!!!!! You really are insane.

Mai72

Lifer
Sep 12, 2012
Much of what's going on is because of our failed policies on the poor. Welfare is a failure. Our public education system is a failure. The war on drugs is a failure. Our prison system has failed us. Just about anything the government has gotten involved in has failed.

This is why I get a good laugh when people put all of their faith in politicians today. Trump. Obama. Hillary. None of these people are going to better your life. Only you can do that.

When people aren't working. When they are poor, destitute, and have zero hope this is what happens. The government isn't going to fix it. How can they, when they f*ck everything up to begin with?

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
:hmm:

So when is the conservative alternative media and Fox News going to take responsibility for priming these anti-government types? All those stories about 2nd amendment solutions and pushing for false wars. They have a lot to answer for. :whiste:

and BLM is pro-government?

emperus

Diamond Member
Apr 6, 2012

TBH I am getting real fucking depressed about all the shit going down. I wonder if my perception is worse than the reality. I hope so.

I'm sorry that you believe speaking about the social inequality black people face fosters violence. I'm sure you would have said the same thing during the Jim Crow days or during the marches for freedom.

Nooone needs to tell Black people what is going in the system, we live it everyday. Honestly, the police system is largely responsible for this as well. If they held cops more accountable for their actions, then people wouldn't feel powerless against the system. Imagine, the videos we have seen, and assume that is a slight percentage of all the police malfeasance (not everyone automatically records their encounters) and then imagine what is was like when people didn't even have cell phones that recorded (Rodney King).

And you don't know powerless until someone has you at gunpoint, has taken your freedom away (when you've done nothing), you are scared to say anything and when you go to the police station to complain you are threatened with arrest if you don't leave.

LegendKiller

Lifer
Mar 5, 2001
Much of what's going on is because of our failed policies on the poor. Welfare is a failure. Our public education system is a failure. The war on drugs is a failure. Our prison system has failed us. Just about anything the government has gotten involved in has failed.

This is why I get a good laugh when people put all of their faith in politicians today. Trump. Obama. Hillary. None of these people are going to better your life. Only you can do that.

When people aren't working. When they are poor, destitute, and have zero hope this is what happens. The government isn't going to fix it. How can they, when they f*ck everything up to begin with?

You know what the biggest failure is out of all of those you listed? Allowing in over ten million people that take lower paying jobs, jobs that could teach trades, valuable skills, pride, self-worth.

The left abandoned the blacks a long time ago for the hispanics. Just give them money and they'll scrape out some meager existence.