BREAKING NEWS -- Donald Trump Has Stake In Hydroxychloroquine Drugmaker: Report

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
Sorry for the repost!! The search function did not bring this subject up for me when I used it...sorry!!
I will instruct the mods to close or merge!!

Figures!! People can use this drug and die as long as I make a handsome profit!!
Naturally they have already came out and called the article "false" news!!
It makes me angry to see how people cannot open their eyes and see how vile and decrepit this shit stain of a human is on our society!

President Donald Trump reportedly owns a stake in a company that produces hydroxychloroquine, the anti-malaria drug he has repeatedly touted as a coronavirus treatment even though his experts say there’s no strong evidence it works.

Trump “has a small personal financial interest” in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine, The New York Times reported Monday.

In addition, Sanofi’s largest shareholders include a mutual fund company run by major Republican donor Ken Fisher, the paper said. Trump’s three family trusts, as of last year, each had investments in a mutual fund whose largest holding was Sanofi, according to the Times. Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross also had ties to the drugmaker, the Times reported.

Trump’s “assertiveness” in promoting the drug contrary to the recommendation of top health experts “has raised questions about his motives,” the Times noted.

Last edited:

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Worth the reposting because THIS IS WHAT a con-man does, and what a con-man looks like. You can't make this stuff up. Donald Trump entered the Whitehouse ONLY to profit personally from the office. And, he brought his family along with him because they too are masters of the con game. Donald would have us all die for a buck, but then Donald would be the president of only the rocks and the trees. But sure enough, he would screw that up too. Trump could con the leaves off a tree and he will probably get the chance after the rest of us are DEAD.

boomerang

Lifer
Jun 19, 2000
Trump does own stock in Sanofi. A sum total of about $435 which quite obviously is a huge portion of his portfolio.

What everyone is missing is that China was correct. The virus originated in the U.S. and was cooked up by Trump himself in a secret lab in the basement of the White House. It's true because I read it on the Internet.

Reactions: Atreus21

purbeast0

No Lifer
Sep 13, 2001
So now thread titles are like these stupid clickbait tweets where EVERYTHING is now BREAKING even though it's not?

Reactions: TheVrolok

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
repost, and not breaking.
I did not see the othetr thread that you alluded to......
yet the the other Thread that you alluded to did not state that Trump has a direct `stock in this company!
It talks about Trumps then attorney Michael Cohen being given more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016.
It does not talk about Trump having stock or owning anything that has to do with the drug makers!

Last edited:

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
So now thread titles are like these stupid clickbait tweets where EVERYTHING is now BREAKING even though it's not?
So YES!! It is breaking! Please show me where in another thread it says Trump had a personal financial interest in the company? Other than giving attorney Michael Cohen more than $1 million for healthcare policy insight following Trump’s election in 2016.

Moonbeam

Elite Member
Nov 24, 1999
I’m going with breaking. I mean, who knew. I only should have but I didn’t.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Typical Trump trying some influence peddling for personal gain, doesn't matter his scam might kill people. As I've mentioned previously, most of his base will believe him, so for the most part he's willfully exploiting his base in order to profit from their gullibility and the potential tragedies they might suffer for their "loyalty".

The level of corruption Trump has smeared the Repub party with and the level of infinite tolerance toward his insanely corruptive behavior the party has blessed him with is over the top, off a mile high cliff straight down to the bottom of the Laurentian Trench.

Last edited:

compuwiz1

Admin Emeritus Elite Member
Oct 9, 1999
Not breaking, not shocking. Anyone have a mutual fund, 401k, retirement portfolio? YOU probably have small investments in these companies too. It's not like he went out and bought a big stake in this company. What he has is small amount of stock, part of his mutual fund spread. But, yeah, libs, why not get outraged... seems to be all you do.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Not breaking, not shocking. Anyone have a mutual fund, 401k, retirement portfolio? YOU probably have small investments in these companies too. It's not like he went out and bought a big stake in this company. What he has is small amount of stock, part of his mutual fund spread. But, yeah, libs, why not get outraged... seems to be all you do.
It wouldn't be an issue if Trump had disengaged himself from his businesses but he didn't because he's a crook. I understand he's a crook that wears the compuwiz1 approved t-shirt but he's still a crook.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
It wouldn't be an issue if Trump had disengaged himself from his businesses but he didn't because he's a crook. I understand he's a crook that wears the compuwiz1 approved t-shirt but he's still a crook.

So, in other words you're telling me that President's aren't allowed to own a retirement account? Please provide a citation for your claim. BTW, past presidents have owned businesses. Look it up.

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
So, in other words you're telling me that President's aren't allowed to own a retirement account? Please provide a citation for your claim. BTW, past presidents have owned businesses. Look it up.
Your dishonest style of argument aside, Trump is responsible for his portfolio and appears to be attempting to profiteer in a small way from the pandemic. Trump grifts high and low.

compuwiz1

Oct 9, 1999
Your dishonest style of argument aside, Trump is responsible for his portfolio and appears to be profiteering in a small way from the pandemic. Trump grifts high and low.

Jeezus, man. I don't know what to tell you. The man donates his salary and his net worth has gone down since he's been in office. Yeah, he's really profiting from being president... You go boy! ;)

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
Jeezus, man. I don't know what to tell you. The man donates his salary and his net worth has gone down since he's been in office. Yeah, he's really profiting from being president... You go boy! ;)

What is your evidence for these claims?

Would you not agree that Trump's personal financial interests have been handled markedly different than prior presidents? That he has repeatedly lied (e.g. about Trump Tower Moscow, creation of blind trust for his business interests)? That he has repeatedly lied specifically about his charitable contributions? That he has aggressively worked to thwart attempts to obtain transparency about his financial interests as President? That he faces multiple pending legal cases about emoluments violations?

How much evidence do you need to simply question whether we can take him at face value RE: his financial position as President?

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
When are people going to recognize that Trump doesn't give a damn how many people die? His actions make it clear he wants people to die and he plays his first person shooter altered reality game.

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
Donating his salary is the equivelent of you dropping $1.00 in the Salvation Army Kettle in front of Wal-Mart. His supports continue to try and make that turd shine like a new penny, but he is still a turd, and you end up with shit on your lips from spit shinning the turd.

Reactions: dank69

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
How would you know if his net worth went down? Pretty sure his properties have been raking it in since his election, in part because foreign nationals can rent out entire floors and never actually use them, which also is not a huge sign of corruption.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Snopes questions the validity of this.

Snopes rates this "mostly False"

What's True
U.S. President Donald Trump earns some income from three family trusts that are administered independently by J.P. Morgan, an investment bank and wealth-management firm. These trusts are in part invested in mutual funds that themselves are partially invested in companies that produce hydroxychloroquine.

What's False
Trump’s financial stake in these companies is virtually negligible — contained indirectly via mutual funds — and administered through three family trusts he does not control. As a generic drug, hydroxychloroquine is unlikely to provide any one company with significant profits compared to other proprietary drugs.

Trump is in my opinion definitely violating the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution and ordered the air-refueling of Saudi Arabian war planes bombing Yemen so I also believe he is complicit in War Crimes. Those are just two of his impeachable offenses off of the top of my head (imho two of the most serious)

However, we must be accurate in our pointing out the fact that Trump is perhaps the most unqualified President in the entire U.S. history (definitely the most unqualified in recent history). Otherwise his defenders will point to this and try to cast even entirely true arguments against him in the same light as this one.

Reactions: pmv

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Snopes questions the validity of this.

Snopes rates this "mostly False"

Trump is definitely violating the Emoluments Clause of the U.S. Constitution and ordered the air-refueling of Saudi Arabian war planes bombing Yemen so I also believe he is complicit in War Crimes.

However, we must be accurate in our pointing out the fact that Trump is perhaps the most unqualified President in the entire U.S. history.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
That is taking Trump's 2019 financial disclosure at face value. That is a stupid thing to do.
take it up with Snopes and the various sources that have reported on this...

I have already stated several times in various social media and forums my belief that Trump has committed Emoluments Violations and is complicit in Saudi Arabia's War Crimes involving their bombing campaign of Yemen (two of his more noticeable impeachable offenses among his many others imho)

interchange

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
The problem that I have with Snopes is that the true answer is uncertain. That was his financial interest in 2019 assuming he wasn't committing fraud, which is a big assumption based on history. But any financial interest is a big problem firstly, although if that holding is accurate it's clear that him pushing the drug is not for benefit on those investments. What we have is a track record of likely personal criminal acts or at minimum close connection to those with criminal acts all within the sphere of this finding. Compounded by a track record of lying in non-criminal ways about these things.

It is all still smoke. But the rest indicates looking for fire is warranted.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
Trump should be investigated...

It's very galling to me however that I have seen comparatively little on his Emoluments Clause Violations and his complicity in War Crimes as mentioned in a previous post in this thread; when compared to other seemingly failed avenues of illustrating Trump being unfit for office.