BREAKING NEWS: Detroit Pistons coach Larry Brown "90% certain" that he will leave team after this season.

Just heard it on my local (Detroit) news station.

Will update with link when it becomes available.

BRObedoza

Diamond Member
Apr 16, 2004
i think everyone was expecting this since he was having health problems earlier in the season

aplefka

Lifer
Feb 29, 2004
Are you kidding? I hope they win it all again then cuz he's never gonna get another 'ship in his career. Wasted too much time with AI, it's a shame.

Originally posted by: austin316
He is going to coach Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavs.
He will not coach the Cavs...he is reportedly going to be the Executive VP of Basketball Operations in Cleveland.

Miramonti

Lifer
Aug 26, 2000
Originally posted by: mcvickj
" Brown has repeatedly said Detroit will be his final coaching stop, and insists his health will dictate whether he returns to the Pistons' sidelines next season. He missed parts of this season because of a hip operation that led to more problems."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2068382

then maybe its true that he won't coach anymore but will move up to the office.

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
I wish this type of crap could be brought up *after* the playoffs; not during it. Its time to focus on Miami, not crap like this...

Though I wish Brown the best; he's done a superb job here obviously.

hdeck

Lifer
Sep 26, 2002
he's not going to a new team. if he doesn't coach detroit he isn't going to coach.

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: hdeck
he's not going to a new team. if he doesn't coach detroit he isn't going to coach.

He will not coach the Cavs...he is reportedly going to be the Executive VP of Basketball Operations in Cleveland.