Breaking News: Car Bomb at Turkish Embassy in Iraq

JackStorm

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2003
Sigh...can't say I'm surpriced this happened. Pretty much everyone has stated that involing Turkish troops, in ANY Iraqi stabilization effort, would just make things worce.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
I don't think you actually came out and said it in your other threads on the subject, but do you think Turkish troops in Iraq is a good idea?

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: JackStorm
Sigh...can't say I'm surpriced this happened. Pretty much everyone has stated that involing Turkish troops, in ANY Iraqi stabilization effort, would just make things worce.

Agreed...Turkish soldiers should not be in country...they voted against the U.S. using our bases there to launch the ground war from a third prong, they opposed any cooperation with the United States from the onset, yet now they want troops in country against the wishes of the Northern Kurds...like the French, they should not have anyone in the country that they refused to help liberate...

tnitsuj

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Originally posted by: sward666
I don't think you actually came out and said it in your other threads on the subject, but do you think Turkish troops in Iraq is a good idea?

Not particularly. Peackeeping troops from any of the neighboring countries is probably a bad idea. Too much self interest...not to mention the history involved.

Hayabusa Rider

Admin Emeritus & Elite Member
Jan 26, 2000
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: JackStorm

Agreed...Turkish soldiers should not be in country...they voted against the U.S. using our bases there to launch the ground war from a third prong, they opposed any cooperation with the United States from the onset, yet now they want troops in country against the wishes of the Northern Kurds...like the French, they should not have anyone in the country that they refused to help liberate...

But wait this isn't about profit
rolleye.gif

The Turks shouldnt be in Iraq because the Iraqis dont want them. Being a slave state, Iraq has no real choice, but that does not make it right.

BaliBabyDoc

Lifer
Jan 20, 2001
Thank goodness for FOXNews. They reported this homicide bomber . . . then they called it an attempted homicide bomber . . . then they called it an attempted homicide bomber that only killed himself.
rolleye.gif

kage69

Lifer
Jul 17, 2003
The Turks shouldnt be in Iraq because the Iraqis dont want them. Being a slave state, Iraq has no real choice, but that does not make it right.

Slave state? I wasn't aware the Iraqis had been enslaved. No no, wait, let me guess...they're all pumping the oil wells by hand.