Breaking news: a bunch of freedom hating miscreants are blocking the freeway in Socal

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
They're doing the same damn thing in Portland for the third time this week.

I get their POV and why they're unhappy. I really do. It was an emotional election. But this is maddening. Shutting down the flow of people and goods because you're unhappy is not an appropriate or healthy means of coping.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
That's exactly it, this is temper tantrum from little infants who are too stupid to understand how liberty works.

Oh mikemike, want a warm glass of milk?

Elixer

Lifer
May 7, 2002
So, basically, a bunch of sore losers decided to cause everyone else problems, since they don't like the results?
They should do it in a park, not block people who are hard working, trying to make a living.

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
When Obama won, I did not see the people who did not vote for him:

- threaten to leave the country
- riot
- proclaim that he's not their president
- protest in a violent, destructive manner
- physically attack people who do not believe what they believe

Yet one side, who ironically considers itself morally superior to the other, will do all these things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4h8wZBxDuhQ

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
That's exactly it, this is temper tantrum from little infants who are too stupid to understand how liberty works.

Oh mikemike, want a warm glass of milk?

Nah, lactose intolerant now-a-days.

Won't say it's not a tempter tantrum, but to advocate the mass deportation of American citizens is not a solution, it will only add to the problem.
- Too bad they're not all stoned out of their minds since recreational pot stores don't become a thing until 2018.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000

- riot

Yet one side, who ironically considers itself morally superior to the other, will do all these things.

Those are absolutely false.

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Go home! Stop your crying, take a shower, get a job. One can only hope.

As much as I disagree with them blocking traffic and bothering people, I DO support their right to protest. Sounds like YOU are the one who hates freedom...

ViRGE

Elite Member, Moderator Emeritus
Oct 9, 1999
I really wish I was just being hyperbolic here, but the police just reported that people attached to the protest have started looting. :disappointed:

Most of these people are good people, if perhaps a bit misguided. They put so much energy into the election and came up just short, losing to a person they feel is intolerable as president and who doesn't share their values. They have good reason to be unhappy/angry; calling them stupid dehumanizes them and ignores their grievances. But there's a disconnect here; some of them don't know what to do with their anger, and others are under the misguided notion that if they protest hard enough, they can stop Trump from becoming president. Fact of the matter is that if the anarchists in the group don't get them killed first in a police confrontation, someone's eventually going to get made a road pancake by a car.

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
Oh, not saying deporting them, just saying shipping them to Syria for a bit so they can get some perspective.

If you're wondering why Trump won, this is also why.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Reactions: Sheik Yerbouti

Newbian

Lifer
Aug 24, 2008
This is why you pay off a person driving a big rig or a truck with a plow and drive behind him.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Oh, not saying deporting them, just saying shipping them to Syria for a bit so they can get some perspective.

If you're wondering why Trump won, this is also why.

Because suburban voters are scared about inner city/metro areas rioting and somehow traveling miles to their houses?

And no, it absolutely was not. Where I grew up, the vote was absolutely about somehow bringing manufacturing back to the areas and having more manufacturing jobs for people (not going to happen, if manufacturing comes back, it will be fully robotic)

SSSnail

Lifer
Nov 29, 2006
As much as I disagree with them blocking traffic and bothering people, I DO support their right to protest. Sounds like YOU are the one who hates freedom...
I support their right to peaceful protest too, but that right doesn't include holding other people hostage, obstructing traffic, vandalism, etc... I'm surprised you're not out there on the freeway with them.

BTW, these people seem to be the same crowd as the occupied crowd, buncha winners if you ask me.

Reactions: sttubs

madoka

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2004
Really? You're that dense?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pl2zN0Pm7W0
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/column-obama-is-not-my-president/
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2013/09/17/yesterday-obama-was-not-my-president/
http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/07/politics/us-election-bluster/

How many more do I need to find? I'm only on page 2 of google results and while the first page was all about this election, it's super easy to find proof.

Seems you're stupid enough to equate some random people shit-talking on the internet to literally thousands protesting that Trump is not their president:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mp-inspires-thousands-protest-streets-n681696

Thousands of protesters swarmed the streets of several major cities Wednesday to voice their opposition to Donald Trump, who less than 24 hours earlier stunned the world to become the 45th person elected president of the United States.

Protesters in Chicago chanted "Not my president" and "F--- Trump" outside Trump International Hotel & Tower in what seemed like a grand uprising — one in which minority groups that have felt targeted by Trump over the past 18 months hoped to send a direct message to the president-elect.

And even the link you did provide only proves my point about those claiming to leave the country:

But when it comes down to it, Americans don't move to Canada unless it's for a relationship or new job -- essentially, love and money.

Cohen says he can remember only three of four cases in more than 30 years that involved someone actually making good on their threat to move to Canada to escape an American president.

Right now we have dozens of famous people who very publicly made that claim; not some random, anonymous wackjob on Twitter.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008

- riot

You are kidding, right?
Where have U been?

The very day after Obama was elected, Republicans gathered together behind close doors to craft a plan blocking everything and anything this Black president wanted to do.

And surely you can't forget those infamous words out of that meeting, OUR GOAL, TO MAKE OBAMA A ONE TERM PRESIDENT.
Not.... WE WANT TO WORK WITH THIS NEW PRESIDENT. Or, WE WELCOME THIS NEW PRESIDENT.

And the Republican that yelled "LIAR" during Obama's state of the union speech.

And the Republicans carrying around posters with devil horns painted on Obama's head.

And Donald Trump claiming Obama was a Muslim, a foreigner, faked his college records because we all know Black's are too dumb to get into college.
Need I say more?
And that movement was lead by none other than Donald Trump himself.

What we see happening now is simply freedom of speech.
What happened after Obama was elected was down right racist. And Trump lead the way.

I just wish I could be out there standing side by side with these protestors.

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Seems you're stupid enough to equate some random people shit-talking on the internet to literally thousands protesting that Trump is not their president:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mp-inspires-thousands-protest-streets-n681696

And even the link you did provide only proves my point about those claiming to leave the country:

Right now we have dozens of famous people who very publicly made that claim; not some random, anonymous wackjob on Twitter.

• movinggoalpost.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Thebobo

John Connor

Lifer
Nov 30, 2012
Trump should fly helicopters over these idiots in these cites and drop napalm, or at least agent orange.

Tolerant my ass! Suck it up buttercup. I put up with Obozo for 8 long years! THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN!

We will not tolerate anyone here wishing wholesale death on American civilian protesters.

Perknose
Forum Director

Last edited by a moderator:

MikeMike

Lifer
Feb 6, 2000
Where has anyone suggested the mass deportation of CITIZENS.

Maybe ILLEGAL RESIDENTS. Those are NOT CITIZENS.

I'll straight admit I misread socal as norcal since there are also currently protests in Oakland, which are not being lead by illegal residents.