Breaking News: 2 special forces soldiers killed in Afghanistan

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
Top of cnn.com:

Two U.S. special forces soldiers killed and one wounded in ambush in Afghanistan, Pentagon sources say. Details to come.

mastertech01

Moderator Emeritus Elite Member
Nov 13, 1999
I do not know why they have to announce each and every incident which soldiers are KIA in this war. It saddens us all, but places unecessary worry and grief on the families who must wait to hear confirmation of whom it was.

More people die on US highways every day than the total of the war thus far and none of those make breaking news. Thousands die in homicides every year.

shiner

Lifer
Jul 18, 2000
Oh no....another "major setback" Special Ops guys aren't supposed to die!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rolleye.gif

tontod

Diamond Member
Oct 12, 1999
I guess its just a reminder that the war in Afghanistan isnt over yet, it will take some time before things get settled there.

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
Originally posted by: tontod
I guess its just a reminder that the war in Afghanistan isnt over yet, it will take some time before things get settled there.

Bingo. This has nothing to do with the situation in Iraq; this is about the remnants and supporters of the Taliban and al-Qaida, and is sadly expected to happen from time to time until these vermin are exterminated.