Breaking an apartment lease question

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Does a broken lease go on some kind of record besides potentially your creidt report? Also, is there any way other apartment complexes will be able to find out if I broke a lease in the past? I am going through some trouble with my old con-artist apartment that I used to live in and would appreciate any help.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Other than another apartment complex calling and asking about your rental history as long as you pay all of the money that would be due with breaking a lease you have nothing to worry about.

MetalMat

Diamond Member
Jun 14, 2004
Originally posted by: CrackRabbit
Other than another apartment complex calling and asking about your rental history as long as you pay all of the money that would be due with breaking a lease you have nothing to worry about.

Well what if I dont pay the re-letting fee that I owe my old apartment complex? They decided that I signed up for a 7 month lease when I clearly signed up for a 6 month lease.

CrackRabbit

Lifer
Mar 30, 2001
Originally posted by: MetalMat

Well what if I dont pay the re-letting fee that I owe my old apartment complex? They decided that I signed up for a 7 month lease when I clearly signed up for a 6 month lease.

Then It gets nasty with collection agencies and credit report stuff.
If you have your lease agreement showing you signed up for a 6 month lease with nothing saying it would be extended to 7 or anything like that, go shove it in their faces. If they still say you owe it it would be time to lawyer up and be ready for a nasty fight.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Originally posted by: MetalMat

All that matters is what's clearly written on the signed lease agreement. He/she said doesn't matter.