Brattleboro, Vermont votes to arrest Bush and Cheney.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
"Shall the Selectboard instruct the Town Attorney to draft indictments against President Bush and Vice President Cheney for crimes against our Constitution, and publish said indictments for consideration by other authorities and shall it be the law of the Town of Brattleboro that the Brattleboro Police, pursuant to the above-mentioned indictments, arrest and detain George Bush and Richard Cheney in Brattleboro if they are not duly impeached, and prosecute or extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them?""

It passed by a large margin.
Gotta love my town!!!
If you recall naked PETA babes came put on a show a few months back:
http://forums.anandtech.com/me...=y&keyword1=naked+peta

Two nude PETA volunteers brought their animal rights message to town Thursday and proved the age-old adage, "If you bare it, they will come."
Meggan Anderson and Ali Cayer braved unseasonably warm temperatures as they spread their message to an enthusiastic crowd of onlookers on the corner of High Street and Main Street. Wearing nothing but a banner reading, "Bare skin, don't wear skin," the dynamic duo appeared successful - at least in drawing a crowd.

Unfortunately I had to remove the link to the pic due to nudity.

George and Dick aren't welcome here.
Hmmm. I wonder if that's why Vermont is the only state Bush hasn't visited during his term as President?
To back up this resolution our brave Brattleboro Police force will now be required to actually put bullets in their guns.
God help us.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Looks like they also voted for Obama by a wide margin too.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Now Ben & Jerry's isn't the only reason to love Vermont.

:thumbsup:

Wish my state would officially recognize these crooks as well.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Vic
Looks like they also voted for Obama by a wide margin too.

I wonder if the big reason for the difference is tied to Iraq.

Mursilis

Diamond Member
Mar 11, 2001
Originally posted by: techs
"Shall the Selectboard instruct the Town Attorney to draft indictments against President Bush and Vice President Cheney for crimes against our Constitution, and publish said indictments for consideration by other authorities and shall it be the law of the Town of Brattleboro that the Brattleboro Police, pursuant to the above-mentioned indictments, arrest and detain George Bush and Richard Cheney in Brattleboro if they are not duly impeached, and prosecute or extradite them to other authorities that may reasonably contend to prosecute them?""

Boy, I was all set to post some smartaleck comment about those wacky Vermonters having some nerve complaining about "crimes against our Constitution" when they only enforce it themselves peice-meal, but then I find they've got some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country (much to the chagrin of the Brady Center, which only gave them a 9/100). For example, their concealed-carry law was summarized as such:

State law allows anyone who can buy a gun to carry it loaded and concealed in public. No police permit or police notification is required to carry loaded guns hidden on a person. No training in gun laws or gun safety is required. Vermont is the only state in the country to have such a lax approach to the carrying of loaded, concealed weapons in public.

Wow. At least they're 2nd Amendment-friendly up there. A tip of the hat to Vermont.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
I wish naked PETA babes would come here to Portland. I'd throw them a BBQ!

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

That redhead looks good, but some Memphis-style ribs sounds pretty good, too. :D

May 16, 2000
Originally posted by: bamacre

That redhead looks good, but some Memphis-style ribs sounds pretty good, too. :D

I like food as much as the next guy, but between the two the choice of which to eat should be immediate and obvious.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

Oh man, I perfected my Rendezvous-inspired dry rub baby backs last summer. DA BOMB!

edit: meh, I'm married. :p

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: PrinceofWands

I like food as much as the next guy, but between the two the choice of which to eat should be immediate and obvious.

I'd have to eat the ribs with the GF. :p

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Oh man, I perfected my Rendezvous-inspired dry rub baby backs last summer. DA BOMB!

The ribs at Rendezvous are nothing compared to Cozy Corner. Rendezvous is kind of a tourist spot.

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Mursilis

Boy, I was all set to post some smartaleck comment about those wacky Vermonters having some nerve complaining about "crimes against our Constitution" when they only enforce it themselves peice-meal, but then I find they've got some of the least restrictive gun laws in the country (much to the chagrin of the Brady Center, which only gave them a 9/100). For example, their concealed-carry law was summarized as such:

State law allows anyone who can buy a gun to carry it loaded and concealed in public. No police permit or police notification is required to carry loaded guns hidden on a person. No training in gun laws or gun safety is required. Vermont is the only state in the country to have such a lax approach to the carrying of loaded, concealed weapons in public.

Wow. At least they're 2nd Amendment-friendly up there. A tip of the hat to Vermont.

Well you don't actually BELIEVE conservative stereotypes of liberals, do you? Just because "Vermont" fits neatly into a rant about "sushi eating, latte drinking, Volvo driving liberals" doesn't mean it's not just a bunch of BS.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Originally posted by: Rainsford

Well you don't actually BELIEVE conservative stereotypes of liberals, do you? Just because "Vermont" fits neatly into a rant about "sushi eating, latte drinking, Volvo driving liberals" doesn't mean it's not just a bunch of BS.

Actually, I just think the Bush administration has been a strong reminder to the Left of why the second amendment exists.

Nebor

Lifer
Jun 24, 2003

Vermonter's are real liberals. You mind your business, I'll mind mine, do whatever you want types. Unlicensed open and concealed carry, no laws regarding machine guns, short barrel rifles or shotguns, no marijuana enforcement, etc.

Good on Vermont. They are what freedom is all about.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001

The ribs at Rendezvous are nothing compared to Cozy Corner. Rendezvous is kind of a tourist spot.

Huh... I guess I'm actually gonna have to visit Memphis one of these days. :)

Cozy Corner has wet ribs, right? Sure you're not just prejudiced against the dry?

Rainsford

Lifer
Apr 25, 2001
Originally posted by: Nebor

Vermonter's are real liberals. You mind your business, I'll mind mine, do whatever you want types. Unlicensed open and concealed carry, no laws regarding machine guns, short barrel rifles or shotguns, no marijuana enforcement, etc.

Good on Vermont. They are what freedom is all about.

If liberals thought about it more, Vermont liberalism would be more popular. Guns have been a terrible issue for liberals for a long time, gun control is not helping and it gives the right a HUGE wedge issue. And the stupid thing is, I think most liberals would be on board with gun rights if they really thought about it. I'm not sure you'd get a lot of them filling their basements with AR-15s or complaining about "sheeple" on Internet forums, but in terms of what people have a RIGHT to do (whether or not they exercise that right), I think gun rights (and self defense rights) and liberal ideology really go hand in hand. After all, lefties are the ones generally in favor of civil liberties and individual rights, this exception for gun ownership has been an odd exception for far too long.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004

Huh... I guess I'm actually gonna have to visit Memphis one of these days. :)

Cozy Corner has wet ribs, right? Sure you're not just prejudiced against the dry?

They are wet, but it is a thinner, spicier sauce.
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/mjr_toker/cc_ribs.jpg

I do like dry ribs, but these are the best I've ever had.

They also have a BBQ Cornish Hen which is succulent.

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
They are wet, but it is a thinner, spicier sauce.
http://pics.bbzzdd.com/users/mjr_toker/cc_ribs.jpg

I do like dry ribs, but these are the best I've ever had.

They also have a BBQ Cornish Hen which is succulent.

Damn those look good. Juicy... *drool*

And yeah, back on topic, if Vermont liberalism were more widely understood as being the real liberalism, no one here would doubt that I am a liberal. Oregon liberalism is very similar BTW. Yet another reason why we don't much care for Californians (any more than they like Massachusetts-eans or however you say it).

Oct 30, 2004

It would be neat to watch the Brattleboro police handcuff the President and Vice-President and to then watch the secret service and the military slaughter the Brattleboro police. He oughta go visit Brattleboro just to dare them.