BRAND NEW Video Game Poll! Yes, the poll is massive. Yes, you have to vote.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
Wow, I'm absolutely amazed that MGS3 is currently winning against Castlevania: SotN. What's wrong with you people?

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: LanceM
Wow, I'm absolutely amazed that MGS3 is currently winning against Castlevania: SotN. What's wrong with you people?

As it is, however, both would advance to the next round. Unless one game is winning by more than 10%, they'll both continue, unless they both suck.

TwiceOver

Lifer
Dec 20, 2002
So... I took the poll... You said I had to vote so I did. I played maybe 1/3 of the games you have listed... The rest I just, in escense, flipped a coin on. So, I hope you get accurate results. If it was optional, I probably would not have scewed your results.

Too drunk to care... but Nobunaga's Ambition rocks..!

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: TwiceOver
So... I took the poll... You said I had to vote so I did. I played maybe 1/3 of the games you have listed... The rest I just, in escense, flipped a coin on. So, I hope you get accurate results. If it was optional, I probably would not have scewed your results.

Too drunk to care... but Nobunaga's Ambition rocks..!

Yes, well, that's why I allow for some tolerance. =P

LanceM

Mar 13, 2004
Originally posted by: ruffilb

As it is, however, both would advance to the next round. Unless one game is winning by more than 10%, they'll both continue, unless they both suck.

I know, it's a good idea. Still, I'm amazed that MGS3 is even close. I didn't hate the game, but I didn't think other people thought of it very highly. Most people I know would rate it at about a mid-8.

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: ruffilb

I know, it's a good idea. Still, I'm amazed that MGS3 is even close. I didn't hate the game, but I didn't think other people thought of it very highly. Most people I know would rate it at about a mid-8.

There are always the fanatics or those who want to vote for it just for the name.

daveymark

Lifer
Sep 15, 2003
to get a more accurate guage, each individual game should have been matched up against every other game. There are games that have been knocked out already that many would agree would be the better game than many of the entries posted.

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: daveymark
to get a more accurate guage, each individual game should have been matched up against every other game. There are games that have been knocked out already that many would agree would be the better game than many of the entries posted.

This is still part of the initial bracket. The winners of these games will go up against the winners of the other games.

Besides, like I said, if a game was kocked out in a way that you think was unfair, please don't hesitate to inform me.

Of course, having every game going up against every other game would be very, VERY difficult to pull off. It takes me at least 30 minutes to form each one of these polls.

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: TreyRandom
I protest on the grounds that Master of Magic was omitted. Bah! Heresy!!!

There were plenty of chances to nominate them.

ultimatebob

Lifer
Jul 1, 2001
Originally posted by: NatePo717
I can proudly say I haven't played a single one of those games.

Throw out that high end video card in your rig now! You're not a TRUE gamer! :)

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
Originally posted by: lizardboy
Where's the "You're a loser" option?

You can secretly access it by holding Alt and F4 at the same time.

Seriously, no one's forcing you to come into these threads and post.

However, if you feel the continued need to assault my character, I can be reached through PMs.

Not a SINGLE ONE?

That's actually pretty sad. Some of these games are great - I just beat TLOZ:TOOT today again!

adams

Golden Member
Sep 12, 2000
Bump for Tecmo Bowl... Bo Jackson was unstoppable unless you called his play :)

ruffilb

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2005
I'm noticing a HUGE drop off in the voting between the first few questions and the later ones.

Please, if you start the poll, take the time to finish it... however, don't vote in a poll if you have no idea what's going on ;-)

HamburgerBoy

Lifer
Apr 12, 2004

Never played Warcraft III? FEAR? Blood? Marathon 2: Durandal? Unreal Tournament? Alpha Centauri? What kind of gamer are you?!

Eeezee

Diamond Member
Jul 23, 2005
Not fair; most people have never even played Jedi Outcast because it lacked press and are therefore automatically voting for Unreal Tournament. Anyone who has played both knows that Jedi Outcast is better

If it were Unreal Tournament 2004 that would be different

Playmaker

Golden Member
Sep 17, 2000
Originally posted by: Eeezee
Not fair; most people have never even played Jedi Outcast because it lacked press and are therefore automatically voting for Unreal Tournament. Anyone who has played both knows that Jedi Outcast is better

If it were Unreal Tournament 2004 that would be different

Bah, same for EQ v. Sonic. I only voted where I've played both games. No one who put some time into EQ would vote for a kid's game over it.